Official Gameday Thread: Packers @ Eagles - 9/12

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed, I think we started to let this game slip away during the middle. Definitely need to keep the momentum going for the entire 60 min. All in all, good win.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Omg!!! That was a hell of a game. Definitely got some work to do. OUr D looks gassed by the 4th.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Yeah, what a pleasant surprised. Our special teams came ON. 100x better than last year. Definitely helped the win. Kept making Philly go down the field.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Glad to see Zombo got some reps. Hopefully Matthews take him under his wing

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Hell yeah, we won. I am so glad Clay Matthews is our guy. Yeah we let up too soon, thats one of the downsides of our great offense, we get so far ahead and then oh noes.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
And opening day win is all I care about. All teams look bad/good and you never know what's going to happen. A Win is a Win. Lets enjoy it.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A game we should've won by the 3rd quarter. With no DL rotation, the D was tired. I get that. But Rodgers was awful. BY FAR the worst game of his career.

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We weren't passing more bc our OLine would not hold up for more than 2 seconds before collapse!

So why would you instead run the ball with that same o-line who is know to be even worse run blocking with a backup RB?

I say again. We have the best QB and WR combo in the league, PASS THE BALL!

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Yeah, the OL troubles are back. I think that was the biggest weakness out there. I thought they got that straightened out last year. Guess not. I'm kind of dreading facing Peppers, Suh, and Jared Allen now. Ugh.......

Gonna be sack-o-matic if they don't get this **** fix. Maybe Rodgers was hanging onto the ball too long, but it sure didn't seem like it.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Lighten up on Rodgers, he probably is beating up himself over it. I wouldn't rate it as his worst game, I figure that is reserved for Tampa. The bright side is we aren't perfect, so now we have things to work on. Plus I am glad our O-Line will stop feeling so great about themselves.

T

The_Ohioan_Cheesehead

Our O-Line needs to step up if we ever have a chance to be the vikes with or with out their Old Man at QB.

Grave

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Helluva win in Philly. Been a long time since we won in that garbage pit. Thank God they didn't have the brains to start Vick.

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
Not the prettiest game but for a first game i'll take that any day. The special teams and run game was surprising to me, it seems like our running game never does good first few weeks. only real concern for me was lack of protection.

Edit: wow I've only made 8 post. I guess i read alot and dont post.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I dont feel like we won, I feel like Philly just ran out of time.
I kind of feel the same way, if time wasn't a factor I feel it would have been our lost. we didn't have the momentum for the win near the end. Vick seemed to steal the show, but the fact that we stopped them, with the one blow is how it counts. The Bears vs. Lions game seemed endless than wrapped up in a messy package.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I dont feel like we won, I feel like Philly just ran out of time.

I dunno about that. I mean, when our D needed to make the 4th and 1 stop, they did. That means something. Yeah, we were losing most of the 2nd half, but we DID STOP THEM in the end.

You could say that about any game, we just ran out of time or whatever, but we outlasted them. Winning on time is still winning.

Members online

Latest posts