Official Game Day Thread: Packers @ Rams 9/27: WIN 36 - 17

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have some of us already forgotten Aaron Rodgers' game winner deep to Greg Jennings against Chicago 2 weeks ago?

What about those two 50 yarders today?

The Vikings are still interested in trading Faver back to us for Rodgers.

JeffQuery

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You guys crack me up.

He threw for 300 yards and 2 TD's and Viking WR's were dropping passes all over the place.

Getting a little nervous having to face a 3-0 team next week?

I'm sure the Vikings aren't.

Favre is going to make Ted Thompson look like the ******* that he is next Monday, and I myself, can't wait to see it! :happy0005:

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We gotta give props to where props are due... GREAT play by Favre, just awesome. If you only look at the first half of our game and the last play by the queens, it was clearly a bad decision to release Favre. There isn't only one quarter or one play to a game, nor there is only one game in the season, however.
-
My thoughts about the game:

If Chillar hadn’t play the game, it would be 36 to 3. That’s a fact. He sucked too much today. Yeah, Hawk sucks too, but Chillar sucks more.

Line settled down after the first half. No, they weren’t good, but with playing like they did in this game, well, better in the running game, but it’s enough for us to be able to win. It’s a huge improvement from the last 2 games.

Yeah, the run D was average. However, there were a lot of 0 and - yards plays, something that didn’t happen against the Bengals. We didn’t miss a lot of tackles. And with the way we force turnovers, that’s good enough to keep us in games.

Rodgers was terrible, just terrible in the first half. Held the ball too much, and a couple times there was a receiver open, one being Jennings wide open in the endzone. He rebounded, however, and played almost like the probowler we all know he can be.

NICE WR reverse. It was about time we got a litle creative. We can't just keep running straight and passing in 3rd and long all the time. We gotta use more screens and such, or else we get redictable, and with the OL we have, that will kill us.
-
All in all, I saw improvement from the mistakes I saw last year and the last two games. I had completely lost the faith in MM, but now there’s a little bit of hope. However, it was the Rams… Against the queens it’s another deal.
Here’s a prediction: If Jolly makes a big play, we win. If he doesn’t, we lose. So Jolly, you piece of lard, chubbiest DB in the NFL, GO MAKE SOME PLAYS!

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys crack me up.

He threw for 300 yards and 2 TD's and Viking WR's were dropping passes all over the place.

Getting a little nervous having to face a 3-0 team next week?

I'm sure the Vikings aren't.

Favre is going to make Ted Thompson look like the ******* that he is next Monday, and I myself, can't wait to see it! :happy0005:
Sounded like a true Viking! I can't tell how he played, because I WAS WATCHING MY TEAM PLAY. Apparently, you were too.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Adrian Peterson, the Minnesota defensive front and the Metrodome noise and turf will be the biggest issues for the Packers to face next week.

And they would have been there just the same without Faver.

And for those who want to start another Ted Thompson bashing, why not ask why Favre chose to retire rather than commit to playing another season in Green Bay last year?

Surely you can't have wanted to go thru another 2 offseasons of "will he or won't he" with Favre or had him do what he did this year and not make up his mind until after training camp.

JeffQuery

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yeah.

80 yard drive with no timeouts with 1 minute left.

Yeah, it was luck.

Keep telling yourselves that if it helps you believe in your team.

Yeah. TT's a good GM.

Keep telling yourselves that!

lol.

Tim S.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well folks another great turnout by the Packer Nation in Ole St. Louie. The Green and Gold was about 40-60. and made some good noise when it counted. Ahhh, nothing like another home game victory.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Play Bishop. Barnett, Chiller and Hawk are getting eaten up. The traitor will have a field day with these guys. Bishop is your best linebacker

If the O-line is a weakness of the offense, our inside linebacker play is the defense weak spot.

No LB of his pay scale should ever get blown away as many times as Hawk has.
Hawk is just plain below average, he waits and makes a play 5+ yards down the field.

Barnett I still have hope that he can get back to his old self.

Chiller has gotten beat to day a number of times

Bishop is unproven, though he did have at least one tackle for a loss of three today.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, Chillar plain sucked, but he played SS instead of ILB... Maybe that's a reason to why he sucked so much...

And you're right, Hawk just waits...

Rodgersfan1985again

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh, and good game against the Lambs 2nd string QB today.

lol.

oh and good game against the niners who didnt even have their star player in!! LOL Rodgers had a great game today got off a little slow but got into a rythem later on. Its goona be a good game next week in the metrodump. oh and uhhhh jeff... They are startin to get away from AP arent they a little? the prob the vikes got is they got alot of good players but a WORTHLESS coach. yeah favre will save the day once in a while for ya (hey thats brett). But dont think hes goona bail you out everytime. Good game ya got lucky in the end kinda like we did against chitown, but dont think by any means you outplayed the niners today, that defense shut down AP AGAIN!!!! just like the lions kinda did last week. And in all reality vikes shoulda lost that football game. But oh well thats football CYA next week QUEENS!!!!!:viksux:

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good game as far as taking care of business on the road but tough week upcoming as the Vikes will be tougher than the Rams.

They did give up another 100+ yards on the ground which should get better as BJ Raji comes more into the rotation. Also the O-Line did give up another pair of sacks to one guy but only in the first quarter. They seemed to adjust to it and give Rodgers a little more time in the pocket as the game went on.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Good game as far as taking care of business on the road but tough week upcoming as the Vikes will be tougher than the Rams.

They did give up another 100+ yards on the ground which should get better as BJ Raji comes more into the rotation. Also the O-Line did give up another pair of sacks to one guy but only in the first quarter. They seemed to adjust to it and give Rodgers a little more time in the pocket as the game went on.

No sacks at all in the last 3 quarters

Jackson had 4.3 yards, Grant had 3.8 ( .5 yards difference) So while they did allow another 100 yard rusher, they did better than last week..Last week Benson got 4.8 per carry

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the YPC number for grant is skewed a little just because he had a couple 10+ yard rushes in garbage time. For the most part they had him contained during the game.

AzPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the YPC number for grant is skewed a little just because he had a couple 10+ yard rushes in garbage time. For the most part they had him contained during the game.
I agree with you there...Grant has been stinking it up so far, he only cracked a couple of good runs. In his defense I haven't seen anybody blocking in front of his run, so trying to move 1500 lbs. of flesh by yourself can be rather tiring.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jackson is an elite back, got to carry 25+ times, and got less than 130 yards and 0 tds. That's by no means elite, but that's very much acceptable, specially if you take into consideration that he couldn't move the chains, and they could only manage 3 scoring drives. Combine that with the amount of turnovers we cause, and that's a good defense IMO. We can be great, but right now I'll take good.
-
And about Grant, show me a first down in which he had ANY hole to go through... He's not an agile back, he can't make anyone miss. He's good at taking the hole, going to the next level and willing himself 3-4 more yards, and if he has any space, a big run. He has done the effort yards IMO.

That being said, he's capable of much more.

Found the thread: http://www.packerforum.com/video-highlights/15559-2007-ryan-grant-highlight-video.html

Props to IronMan.

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We definitely need to draft a running back that can possibly be elite or really good. I don't think Ryan Grant can cut it with us.

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I definitely agree that our whole O-Line isn't doing well, but we just need a home run hitter in the run game and Grant isn't that type of guy. I really do hope Ryan Grant does calm down and takes advantage of those backside cuts to gain some much needed yardage. Hopefully, the whole O-Line gels nicely throughout the season, so that they can open some gaps for grant to burst through.

Members online

Latest posts