Official Game Day Thread: Packers @ Rams 9/27: WIN 36 - 17

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Packers had a bad lose at home last week and they need to rebound against the struggling Rams. I have a feeling the Packers are going to rebound nicely against the Rams and pull of the W!

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
O-Line won't be a quick fix. When one guy goes out and 3 people have to shift positions to compensate, it's not an easy fix. Best thing we can do is come up with a plan to counter the blitz with some short, quick passes, some screens and a better run game. Get them to back off a bit.

We're going to have to work extra hard to stop Stephen Jackson. With the way Cedric Benson ran all over us last week, I'm sure Jackson is salivating at the mouth. Plus I just read Raji tweaked his ankle in practice yesterday, so my guess is he's out.

All in all I expect the Rams to put up a tough fight. They're desperate for a win and they know we're beaten down and lacking confidence so I wouldn't be surprised to see them come out swinging. The bright side for us is we're going to play pissed off- and we need to. There was no excuse for last week's nonsense, so our guys need to have some animosity when they play.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As long as they play great D (tackle way better, rush the passer better), very good ST, and our offense game plan is adjusted to the lack of OL quality, and we win, then it's a good game. Then we will be able to win against MN. We cannot repeat the same mistakes we made last year, and last game.

PackAttackUK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need to go out and play hard-nosed, smash mouth football on Sunday. The D HAS to be up for it, especially when trying to stop Jackson. I think if the pass rush is going strong, then we could cause a fair amount of turnovers on Sunday, and hopefully use them to our advantage.

The O-Line needs to step up. They need to take charge, and put last Sunday out of their minds. If they get SOME sort of decent protection, then A-Rod should have time to get some decent passes off. The running attack too needs to step up and take charge, and fight for every damn yard. It's a game of inches, so lets make sure we take our chances.

Rodgersfan1985again

Cheesehead
Reaction score
YEAH I finlly got the NFL sunday ticket!!!!!!! no more justin tv for me!! haha Yeah our boys need to come out and show that we are the playoff contenders this weekend. I hope we not only beat st louis but really give em a good thumpin to get the confidence of the green and gold back.

GO PACK GO!!!!!:viksux::chisux::detsux:

TOP HAT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Big game!

Packers fans, sorry I have been away, away for so long.

Forum very different but it is good to be back.

Go Packers!

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Hey JENNINGS, DRIVER and NELSON!!! Quit dropping passes for 15 yard completions and that will help a long way toward a win!

Thanks - The Fanagement

TOP HAT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Active updates

1. Rookie DE B.J. Raji is active to make his NFL debut and will probably play both ends
  2. FB Korey Hall (shoulder/concussion) will play.
  3. De Montgomery deactivated to make room for Raji.
  4. Not active: S Bigby, RB Brandon Jackson, CB Brandon Underwood, FB Quinn Johnson, T Giacomini, T Clifton, DL Montgomery, LB Thompson.
  5. Former Packers Ruvell Martin and Anthony Smith both are out for game.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The game will be about this. The defense has to play well and shut down the run. It's always about shutting down the run. The offense has to stop dropping passes. That's a focus thing and it's a thing that has always bothered me about Mike McCarthy's teams. The special teams have to control field position and we have to win the battle of the clock.

I don't think Mike's teams have a strong history of practicing hard. I think they practice details but in games, when they get tired, their brains shut down. I believe you will always play just like you practice. I think Mike needs to be tougher on them during the week so that they're ready on game day. The first series today will be telling. You will be able to tell right away whether they're ready to play or not.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ted Thompson better be watching the waiver wires or he may have to make a trade. The offensive line is indeed offensive to me.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The ref completely miffed on the guy holding Kampman. It was an obvious hold. How do you miss that? If these amateur refs can't handle the job then the NFL needs to go to full time refs.

paco

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any streams?

I'm watching it via sopcast. You need to download the app, quality isn't great, but it works.

How about Johnny Jolly? If he keeps playing like this, he'll make himself a good deal of money.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Nope, Rogers is gonna get wrecked sooner or later and that will be that.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where the hell is the tight end in this offense? Rogers needs to get rid of the ball quicker. He sucks so far today.

paco

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good to see the Packers causing some turnovers. But the Rams should get this 2nd one back.

paco

Cheesehead
Reaction score
can't believe they didn't challenge forward progress. Great for us. But we need a TD on this drive.

paco

Cheesehead
Reaction score
where the hell has Rodgers judgement gone? Bad timing and bad throwing decisions.

Members online

Latest posts