Official Game Day Thread: Packers @ Rams 9/27: WIN 36 - 17

paco

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers need to try to run the ball more in the 2nd half, to keep the Rams off the field. Or else the Pack need to start putting Boller on his back more. He's no good when under pressure.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
4-3 is designed to stop the run. Apparently we need to go back to that. We are sucking hard.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Play Bishop. Barnett, Chiller and Hawk are getting eaten up. The traitor will have a field day with these guys. Bishop is your best linebacker

paco

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Play Bishop. Barnett, Chiller and Hawk are getting eaten up. The traitor will have a field day with these guys. Bishop is your best linebacker

agreed, you put the best players on the field. Not the guys who make the most money.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
can't this team play a complete game? Offense is on now, but the D looks lost.

Their linebackers and nickel backs don't play their assignments. How many times do you see Nick Barnett completely out of the play simply becuase he didn't stay home and play his assignment? How many times do you not see Hawk in a play because he can't get off the block? Unlike Sanders defense, I think the scheme is right, but Barnett and Hawk just don't play the scheme very well. Chiller is supposed to be their best cover backer but he can't play on a wide receiver or tight end. Mathews looks like he can play and Bishop is the other play maker linebacker. Get your play makers in the game.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4-3 is designed to stop the run. Apparently we need to go back to that. We are sucking hard.

In the 3-4, the linebacker has to fill the hole. Barnett over runs almost every play which is why he doesn't make plays. Hawk can't get off of the block to make plays. Hence they run the ball on us.

paco

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In the 3-4, the linebacker has to fill the hole. Barnett over runs almost every play which is why he doesn't make plays. Hawk can't get off of the block to make plays. Hence they run the ball on us.

Doesn't help when they get sucked inside on outside runs either.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
how did you not make that catch Jordy? Too damn many drops to be considered a legitmate contender. Rogers, doin't quit on these guys, keep throwing the ball on the money.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Doesn't help when they get sucked inside on outside runs either.

Exactly, that's why I get pissed off at Barnett when he does his hot dog thing. it's like you've missed ten plays in this game and you finally make one and now you're going to show boat. There is one way to fix it. Bench him and put Bishop in.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Yep, if the LB can't play their assignments right, stick another D-lineman in there. Put Kampman back on the line. He's nearly useless in the 3-4.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That last run by Jackson is a classic example where the linebacker didn't stay home and so instead he gains 20 yards when it should have been stopped for a loss. The linebacker just didn't play the scheme.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
might be a blessing in disguise. Packers looks bad on both sides of the ball right now.

except we had two drops in the last series that would have kept the drive alive for first downs. Focus is a problem on this team and I think that stems from how they practice. I think Mike McCarthy is a horrible practice coach.

paco

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That last run by Jackson is a classic example where the linebacker didn't stay home and so instead he gains 20 yards when it should have been stopped for a loss. The linebacker just didn't play the scheme.

The linebacker wasn't within 10 yards. time to put in all DB's. they should be able to run guys down from behind at least.

paco

Cheesehead
Reaction score
except we had two drops in the last series that would have kept the drive alive for first downs. Focus is a problem on this team and I think that stems from how they practice. I think Mike McCarthy is a horrible practice coach.

I think MM needs someone else to call the plays.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Play action pass and you're out of the hole. Instead we run the ball. We don't have speed backs. The ref missed a collar tackle.

paco

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers needs to look for the underneath guy more. He keeps throwing downfield in double coverage.

Members online

Latest posts