Official Game Day Thread: Packers @ Falcons 11/28: LOSE 20 - 17

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Give thanks for football and the Packers!!! This is gonna be a good game! I'm nervous but I also have faith and confidence in the Packers. They have proven they got it going on, why should I doubt them? I'm feeling a win here, I think it will by close, by 3 (a late Crosby maybe?), no blowout. But I have this feeling and I'm going to run with it. I'm not overly confident, the Falcons are perhaps the most serious challenge we have yet faced and they deserve our respect. They are a really good team and a serious competitor. That said, I still feel there is some sense of spirit, some magic spark with the Packers that will carry them through. I can't wait to gameday, I'm excited about it more than anything else. Have a Happy Thanksgiving to all and later some happy footballs!!!!

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A nice game to watch on a full stomach :). I think this will be a gg, I'm excited about this one if we beat atlanta at home knowing there dominace at home says alot about our packers. My key to winning this game I think we need get pressure on ryan and get off to a fast start to take the crowd out of it early like our past 3 games. What do you guys and gals think?

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I haven't seen the falcons play,so I don't know how good they are playing.But from what is being said they are good,I do know how the pack is playing and the o-line is finally playing like we had hoped,special teams doing good,d-line shaking up q.b,and I know we played two teams that gor rid of their h.c,but these teams didn't lay down for us they did play witch means we are good and I think they will be good this sunday think they make it another win,even if their coach is asking fans to come early and make some noise falcons fall to the pack.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Packers 31 Dikes 17

I was looking thru the last game thread and gasped when I saw "The Drew" nailed the Packer score!!! I'm trying to find mine,.I think I guess 21-0 or 21-3... gonna keep looking to see if anyone else came close!

Packers 24
Falcons 17

I'll go 24- 21 on this coming game! Packs win of course!

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
k...I guessed 28-0 on the queens game,... but feeling good about my prediciton this time! LOL!!

(since the games besides the blowouts were within a 3pt win)

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Oh i missed yours! We need just a straight up prediction thread,..its hard to search thru all of them! lol

maxlives

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I watched the Falcons on the DirecTV shortcut and think we match up pretty well with them. This game will be decided by mistakes and turnovers. We have to play disciplined but this should be a very winnable game for the Pack. I don't predict scores (suck at it) but will predict a Green Bay win and a blow out win by the Eagles for good measure.

falcon54

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have a feeling this gonna be a very close game. Whoever turns the ball over is going to lose. 24-21 final score but the 24 is the team that don't make the mistake. Good luck this weekend and happy thanksgiving to yall

OsiRis6661

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack win 45 to 28 high scoring game but the defense gets familiar with there style by the midlle of the third quarter. with a bears loss at the hands(and feet) of vick the pack stand alone at the top of the division and stay there. go pack:chisux:

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Packers win again, and the Eagles take care of the overrated Bears, then the Packers will jump to the #1 seed, and the Eagles will be the #2 seed. Bears will drop to #5 which means no bye and no home playoff game.

GINORMOUS difference between the #1/2 seeds and #5.

Go Eagles. Go Packers. Go Ravens too. And go Cowboys today!!!!

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Packers win again, and the Eagles take care of the overrated Bears, then the Packers will jump to the #1 seed, and the Eagles will be the #2 seed. Bears will drop to #5 which means no bye and no home playoff game.

GINORMOUS difference between the #1/2 seeds and #5.

Go Eagles. Go Packers. Go Ravens too. And go Cowboys today!!!!
True, true.

HOWEVER, being #5 seed isn't that bad. The #5 will probably play the NFC West champion, and though at their home, will undoubtely be the easiest game of the wildcard.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True, true.

HOWEVER, being #5 seed isn't that bad. The #5 will probably play the NFC West champion, and though at their home, will undoubtely be the easiest game of the wildcard.
True. But a bye is a 100% guaranteed WIN.
Playing a crappy #4 seed is not a guaranteed win.

I remember quite a few cases where the underdogs won those games.

Give me the bye like we had in 2007. We all thought we'd beat the NFC West Cardinals last year too. Plus it's about 3 less guys injured.

L

Lunchboxer

True. But a bye is a 100% guaranteed WIN.
Playing a crappy #4 seed is not a guaranteed win.

I remember quite a few cases where the underdogs won those games.

Give me the bye like we had in 2007. We all thought we'd beat the NFC West Cardinals last year too. Plus it's about 3 less guys injured.

Yea I want a #1 seed Home Field Advantage. But Im happy with a Seed that gives us a Bye.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yea I want a #1 seed Home Field Advantage. But Im happy with a Seed that gives us a Bye.
Exactly. And that's only a #1 & #2 seed.
We were the #2 seed in 2007, still got to host the title game.

Still, THIS PACKERS TEAM is good on the road and I wouldn't mind playing the NFC Title game at New Orleans or at Atlanta. I think our team is better in a dome anyway with our precision offense. Sucks for the fans, but our fans couldn't do anything in the 2007 NFCCG loss anyway.

But if we lose to Atlanta this week, they're 3 games above us because it'd be 2+tiebreak. So there's no way we could be seeded higher than them.

We'd have to then win the division (possible), and make sure our record was better than the east winner, Philly or Giants. Also possible. That would give us the 2 seed.

L

Lunchboxer

Exactly. And that's only a #1 & #2 seed.
We were the #2 seed in 2007, still got to host the title game.

Still, THIS PACKERS TEAM is good on the road and I wouldn't mind playing the NFC Title game at New Orleans or at Atlanta. I think our team is better in a dome anyway with our precision offense. Sucks for the fans, but our fans couldn't do anything in the 2007 NFCCG loss anyway.

But if we lose to Atlanta this week, they're 3 games above us because it'd be 2+tiebreak. So there's no way we could be seeded higher than them.

We'd have to then win the division (possible), and make sure our record was better than the east winner, Philly or Giants. Also possible. That would give us the 2 seed.

I'd rather have the NFC Title game played at home. In front of the Fans.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Looking at the records right now, it is a bit troublesome to think that anyone with a schedule worse than 3 losses in the NFC may not even have a shot when it is all said and done, other than the West division winner.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd rather have the NFC Title game played at home. In front of the Fans.
Obviously, that would be ideal because:

#1- that would mean we are in the NFC Title game
#2- we would be the favorite ton win the game
#3- our fans COULD help

I just would hope the weather is normal bad, and not historic bad like the 2008 Title game vs the Giants when it was 70-below zero wind chill. That was dangerous weather and the game should have been the DAY game not night game.

Still, playing at Atlanta or Nawlins wouldn't faze these Packers. They're good on the road.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Am I the only one super-pumped for this game TOMORROW?????
It's got HUGE playoff implications.
We can play well, and crush these guys about 38-21 and send a message.
Or we can lose another close game.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aim5oqwK8S0"]YouTube - ESPNweek12FieldPassPackers_Falcons[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mK_DOdCQB-Y"]YouTube - espn_CountdownDailyAccuScore_GB-ATL[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WECnFfQxnck"]YouTube - ESPNcountdowndaily_week12dilfer[/ame]

bozo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Am I the only one super-pumped for this game TOMORROW?????
Hell no you're not...I have been really pumped all season, & each week gets better!

Against all odds from the press, I like the Pack 35-24.