Official Game Day Thread: Packers @ Falcons 11/28: LOSE 20 - 17

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CLAY MATTHEWS MUST TAKE OVER TOMORROW !!!!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Matthews has been a beast, but he hasn't had a huge day since the first couple a weeks when he had a couple of 3-sack games.

Matt Ryan has to feel the wrath of Clay tomorrow.

I want:
-3 Matthews sacks, and one forced fumble
-1 Zombo sack
-1 Jenkins sack

-1 Woodson pick-6
-1 Collins int
-1 Tramons int

-3 Rodgers TD passes
-1 to Jennings
-1 to Jones
-1 to Havner

I want to see a rare Packers special teams TD with a Sam Shields KR touchdown to open the 2nd half.

I want to see Packers 38, Falcons 14

But realistically, this is gonna be a close game and I think Matthews is overdue for a commanding MVP type of game.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
CLAY MATTHEWS MUST TAKE OVER TOMORROW !!!!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Matthews has been a beast, but he hasn't had a huge day since the first couple a weeks when he had a couple of 3-sack games.

Matt Ryan has to feel the wrath of Clay tomorrow.

I want:
-3 Matthews sacks, and one forced fumble
-1 Zombo sack
-1 Jenkins sack

-1 Woodson pick-6
-1 Collins int
-1 Tramons int

-3 Rodgers TD passes
-1 to Jennings
-1 to Jones
-1 to Havner

I want to see a rare Packers special teams TD with a Sam Shields KR touchdown to open the 2nd half.

I want to see Packers 38, Falcons 14

But realistically, this is gonna be a close game and I think Matthews is overdue for a commanding MVP type of game.

Funny thing about Clay is he doesn't even have to sack the QB to create havoc and give an offensive cordinator a headache the size of Percy Harvin. Just Clay's presence on the field will do it. If he is not involved in a tackle or haunting the hell out of the QB, he is at least, a decoy that can free up another D lineman, or two depending on how many they got blocking Clay. He really is a nightmare to an offense. I like the sacks very much but I think he can be just as effective without them.

L

Lunchboxer

Clay does not need sacks to get pressure on the QB. If he can flush the QB out of the Pocket every time that would increase our chances of picking the ball off.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Clay does not need sacks to get pressure on the QB. If he can flush the QB out of the Pocket every time that would increase our chances of picking the ball off.
True, yes Clay is a factor regardless because the QB always is aware of him now.

But I can tell you for certain that the sacks are big plays, bigger than non-sacks.

Anyone remember Reggie White sealing some games with big sacks? I remember 2 great games he pretty much stamped-off on with 3 sacks in a game. One was the Super Bowl win, the other over Elway's Broncos in about 1993 or 94.

Anyone remember our last-second loss to the Steelers last year? You all remember the final play. But the play before that Cullen Jenkins got right to Rapelisberger, and missed him. If he got the sack, the game would have ended right there.

Sacks are huge.
Then the QB really starts to hurry and worry.

That's the type of game I want Matthews to have today.
Sack him early. Harass him early. Hit him early. Get them worrying so much about Clay that you then see Bishop flying thru the A-gap.... you see Jenkins left one-on-one and smothering Ryan's shoulder to the turf. I like Zombo, but it's time for him to get his first 2-sack game ever too!

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
True, yes Clay is a factor regardless because the QB always is aware of him now.

But I can tell you for certain that the sacks are big plays, bigger than non-sacks.

Anyone remember Reggie White sealing some games with big sacks? I remember 2 great games he pretty much stamped-off on with 3 sacks in a game. One was the Super Bowl win, the other over Elway's Broncos in about 1993 or 94.

Anyone remember our last-second loss to the Steelers last year? You all remember the final play. But the play before that Cullen Jenkins got right to Rapelisberger, and missed him. If he got the sack, the game would have ended right there.

Sacks are huge.
Then the QB really starts to hurry and worry.

That's the type of game I want Matthews to have today.
Sack him early. Harass him early. Hit him early. Get them worrying so much about Clay that you then see Bishop flying thru the A-gap.... you see Jenkins left one-on-one and smothering Ryan's shoulder to the turf. I like Zombo, but it's time for him to get his first 2-sack game ever too!

Those are some good points! You had to throw Reggie in there, I remember those sacks, they were HUGE! If Clay can get to Ryan early, (maybe sneak up from behind and sack him, that's my favorite) then he can get him all rattled so he starts making mistakes. While I wanted to make the point that a linebacker can be just as dangerous without sacking the QB at all, I also don't want to undermine the importance of sacks. Besides, who doesn't like seeing that Predator Pose? Well, Ryan for starters might not fancy it! LOL!

A12ROD903

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tom Jackson thinks GB will win the North over chi-town. LETS GO!

So does keyshawn.

A little inspiration and confidence for todays game.

packers020802

Cheesehead
Reaction score
30-17 Green Bay
Clay proves too much for ATL!
Can't wait for kick off!!!!
BTY
Just saw ATL's next 3 games
TB
CAR
SEA

If ATL does win this game Vs the Pack, it looks like the Falcons and Philly will be in the best position to lock up the #1 & #2 spots for the playoffs....

A12ROD903

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know this is irrelevant to this thread but I found it funny that Chris Carter just called this current Vikings team a bunch of chumps on ESPN NFL Countdown. Thats a low blow coming from a Vikings great! The queens should take that to heart.

jakeslaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cant wait for noon! gonna be a huge game. To be honest i think this game will come down to the guys OTHER than our big play makers. Does brandon chillar suck it up on gonzo? can Zombo get some pressure? Also look for peprah and sam shields. the way these guys play from now on i think will have a HUGE outcome on the rest of the year

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Poor Aaron!!! Praying!!! Oh my D, there you go!!! A sack!!! I love how they all have little sack dances!!! Lets shut em down!!!

Please please please let Aaron be OK!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts