Official Game Day Thread: Green Bay Packers @ Carolina - 9/18: Win 30 - 23

Pat4DaPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ill take the win. Looking forward to next, hopefully the coaches and players watch this Saints-Bears game. The Saints pass rush looks unstoppable.

cheesehurdler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whew...

That... was ugly. Real ugly. Like face of a Lovecraftian monster ugly. We came out of here with a win, but we can't help but see that we have problems with this defense. I'm starting to suspect that the bad defensive play isn't rust, especially since Collins is out. We at least get Tramon back next week, against the Bears.

I have to admit, Cam Newton looked good. Over 400 yards again, against a SB caliber defense, too. Now, I think he's legit, and that's coming from a Cam hater. Great game, Panthers fans!

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
Not the type of win that I was expecting but its a W in the win column so thats all that matters. To me Rodgers seemed to be off at times-or at least the communication between him and the recievers. The o-line played bad as well, bulaga coming to mind with his 2 holding penalties. Well on to next week its gonna be tough as always.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
We pulled this game out of the magic hat. I expected us to win, I just didn't expect it to be such a struggle. Still. a win is a win. I think they will fix what was off in this game and next week, the Bears are gonna take another beating. To the Panthers fans, you guys got yourselves a good QB in Cam. I may not like him, but he is good and has enormous potential. I just hope all the hype he is getting doesn't go to his head and make him overconfident. You guys came very close to beating us today, I don't think the Pack was on their A game, but still. I wish you guys good luck with the rest of your season. I think you have found your QB!

Packers! Get those Bears next week!!! :) Very happy they won this game!!!

Some healing prayers to Collins, I might add. We will miss him something fierce! Heal up!!!

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rough one, but the score was wayyyy closer than the game. The pass defense was BAD, but the redzone defense was still very clutch. Cam was who we thought he was, big arm, good legs, but also comes up with big mistakes. Those INTs to woodson were TERRIBLE decisions by him. Ugly win, but a win is a win. Any news on the status of collins? He was moving his hands so hopefully not too serious .

maxlives

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was it just me or was that announcer (Mora) almost obnoxiuosly biased toward Cam Newton (will be really special someday just not so much today) and the Panthers? Will replay but I could have sworn I actually heard him say something along the lines of "we have to do a better job on defense..." after a Packers reception down the sideline. That is what is referred to as a "journeyman's effort" by the Pack. Not quite clicking on all cylinders but still good enough. Next week should be fun.

OneHotelFoxtrot

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was it just me or was that announcer (Mora) almost obnoxiuosly biased toward Cam Newton (will be really special someday just not so much today) and the Panthers? Will replay but I could have sworn I actually heard him say something along the lines of "we have to do a better job on defense..." after a Packers reception down the sideline. That is what is referred to as a "journeyman's effort" by the Pack. Not quite clicking on all cylinders but still good enough. Next week should be fun.

It wasn't just you, he was obviously biased. I'm not sure why the reasoning was behind it. I remember on the roughing the passer call they made on the hit on Rodgers he made the comment that thats what Championship winning teams get (referring to the beneficial calls). Give me a break.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It wasn't just you, he was obviously biased. I'm not sure why the reasoning was behind it. I remember on the roughing the passer call they made on the hit on Rodgers he made the comment that thats what Championship winning teams get (referring to the beneficial calls). Give me a break.
I hated these announcers. They obviously were rooting against the Packers and got a woody every time the Packers screwed up or the Panthers did anything good against them.
It doesn't matter though. The Packers won.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was two games ago. We've given up 800 yards on defense two weeks in a row. We're 2-0 but if we're going to defend a championship we need some better play.
Right now, I see the Pack as being more of an offense team.
And if that's what it takes to win games, then so be it.

maxlives

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Added dressing to the Packer victory was daBearz and Viqueens going down like they did. Lions look serious so far though.

maxlives

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Ainna?? The roughing call on Newton was something 'you just can't do today' but the call on Rodgers was 'the NFL going too far protecting the QB'?!? Can't remember hearing this guy (Mora) before but don't care for him; wish there was a secondary audio in my area. 2 and 0

Members online

Latest posts