Official Carolina game

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If they continue playing like they are now and still manage to make play-offs, they will lose in the 1st round...
Not necessarily. The offense has the players intact from the no. 1 offense (by DVOA) of 2014, minus Jordy. The defense, ranked 16th last year, is no better; but that's the way it is for the last 5 years. We just got shredded by an offense without a receiver and a 50% passer. It's up to MM to get the offense turned around--as was the case when we sneaked into the playoffs in 2010. Of course, we had a real defense then that didn't hurt--but miracles can happen.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
If they continue playing like they are now and still manage to make play-offs, they will lose in the 1st round...

I wouldn't say it that way. There is no way that I would predict that this team WILL lose in the 1st round, assuming that they make the playoffs.

In my very humble opinion, there are two types of teams that make the playoffs: dominant/elite teams & good teams that were good enough to earn one of the coveted six spots.
  • If you are a dominant/elite team, you expect to win every game including the Super Bowl.
  • If you are not a dominant/elite team, you hope that you get hot at the right time.
Right now, I think the Packers fall into the latter of those two categories. Perhaps the only teams that can call themselves "dominant/elite" are the Patriots and the Bengals. Despite their 8-0 record, the Panthers did not impress me yesterday. They beat a good team in the Packers, but caught them in complete disarray (it seems).

So, who knows. The Packers could get hot at the right time. They did in 2010 and the Giants the year after.

I am certainly less optimistic than two weeks ago, but am not going to write the season off either.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't say it that way. There is no way that I would predict that this team WILL lose in the 1st round, assuming that they make the playoffs.

In my very humble opinion, there are two types of teams that make the playoffs: dominant/elite teams & good teams that were good enough to earn one of the coveted six spots.
  • If you are a dominant/elite team, you expect to win every game including the Super Bowl.
  • If you are not a dominant/elite team, you hope that you get hot at the right time.
Right now, I think the Packers fall into the latter of those two categories. Perhaps the only teams that can call themselves "dominant/elite" are the Patriots and the Bengals. Despite their 8-0 record, the Panthers did not impress me yesterday. They beat a good team in the Packers, but caught them in complete disarray (it seems).

So, who knows. The Packers could get hot at the right time. They did in 2010 and the Giants the year after.

I am certainly less optimistic than two weeks ago, but am not going to write the season off either.

Pretty tough for even someone like me to argue with that. :)

grampi

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I don't disagree with any of this...