Official Carolina game

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's the keys to beating the Panthers

1. Double cover Greg Olsen every play

2. Keep Cam Newton in the pocket

3. Throw opposite Josh Norman every play

Panthers don't have the weapons Denver does and have a QB with no accuracy. Just use the same game plan we used on them last year and we'll smoke em.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need to bounce back HARD. This will be a big game.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's the keys to beating the Panthers

1. Double cover Greg Olsen every play

2. Keep Cam Newton in the pocket

3. Throw opposite Josh Norman every play

Panthers don't have the weapons Denver does and have a QB with no accuracy. Just use the same game plan we used on them last year and we'll smoke em.

so isolate hayward on olsen and rush clay up the middle every other down? got it!

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We just came out flat tonight against Denver. But whether we won or lost tonight, this game against Carolina is for the current #1 seed in the NFC, so if it took us losing to Denver to be a wake up call, I'm all for it. With that being said, it will be a tough game on the road, but I think we come into this one with a chip on our shoulder. I'm going with:

Packers: 27
Panthers: 24

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Phillip rivers exposed our defense, Denver perfected it. Offense been playing not up to par for a few weeks now. Receivers been struggling to get open. Panthers defense is also good. I believe the pack can win this game if the offense gets going.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Do not fall behind, Bring a Offense, A-rod take off if there is and opening down field (these hits do make me nervous)
tackle, Capers (stop being Capers) A little more play calling creativity

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Panthers 21 Packers 20

Wanted to pick us, but after what I watched last night why should I? Carolina has a great defense and all of a sudden this is offense can't do anything the past six quarters . How cDNA Cobb not get"separation?" guys quick as a cat. The offense needs and overhaul starting with letting Janis play more if guys can't get "separation" and using Starks more as Lacy looks out of shape a slow.

Defense? Meh. Just pray they don't give up 400 yds passing and 100 yds rushing to cam which I can easily see happening.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is the kind of game we know how to win in breakout fashion as far as tradition goes and Ty Montgomery is coming back

Packers 42 Panthers 13

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is the kind of game we know how to win in breakout fashion as far as tradition goes and Ty Montgomery is coming back

Packers 42 Panthers 13

Have you watched our offense drives lately? No way we score 42points...absolutely not. The Panthers D isn't #1 like Denvers but they aren't bad either. Not bad at all.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have you watched our offense drives lately? No way we score 42points...absolutely not. The Panthers D isn't #1 like Denvers but they aren't bad either. Not bad at all.

Gave up 300 plus passing yards to Luke McCown, Rodgers will do better than that I guarantee.

Sky King

Reaction score
Based upon the results so far this season, maybe Jordy Nelson was the MVP last season.

If the current trend continues the short middle may be wide open for the Carolina offense the same as it has been for recent other teams. It has been frustrating to watch Hyde or some other DB repeatedly trail a receiver by two or more steps as he sprints across the middle. This continues to be a daunting problem to solve.

Hopefully, this offense has hit bottom and now the only way to go is up. Whatever it is they've been trying to do is not working.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that we're seeing the growing pains from a switch in head play caller. I see it as a hiccup and not the end of the road. The Packers don't lose many back-to-back games last time was in 2013 when Rodgers was out for several games. The last time for Rodgers was 2010. I expect a much better effort against Carolina and a less hostile environment - no comparison in terms of fan base. I see a win but no explosive victory.

D

Deleted member 6794

Ian Rapoport reports that Sam Shields shoulder injury isn't serious and he's day-to-day. Hopefully he'll be able to play vs. the Panthers.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ian Rapoport reports that Sam Shields shoulder injury isn't serious and he's day-to-day. Hopefully he'll be able to play vs. the Panthers.

Didn't look to serious but Shields is one of those guys who gets a ding and misses multiple weeks so......our training staff and doctors baby these guys big time.

Royal Pain

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Absolutely not, Panthers are no easy team, but if you cover their TE, you take em out of their game.
BTW - I have tickets to the game, anyone have any idea re: Packer tailgate or Sat night parties in Charlotte?

I live in Charlotte and am going to the game as well. Parking is confined to small lots surrounding the stadium, but you shouldn't have a problem finding Packer fans tailgating. We are always well represented at Bank of America stadium. I'm not aware of any Saturday night festivities, but the uptown area has a lot to offer in terms of nightlife.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This Carolina team is garbage out there, Luck has wide open men in the field and missing them, what a big old overrated 6-0 team if I ever saw one. Only winning the game right now cuz the Colts are calling dumb plays.

We even get half the opportunities that Indy is getting tonight and Rodgers is going to pick these guys apart. And so will the Arizona Cardinals

Reaction score
After watching that 4th quarter comeback by Indy the Pack have got to keep it high paced and tire out their pass rush also this team can be run on. I look for the defense to get back to form as we have done well against non elite qbs. Cam is terrible under pressure and their backs are not fast tackling is a must they also have recievers that won't stop dropping the ball besides Olsen. The way the colts opened up their defense in the 4th I'm hoping Aaron was watching. GB: 31 CAR: 17

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
11 straight is going to come to an end this Sunday. This is not a great team, they're a lucky team. I'd equate them to being a slightly better version of the 2010 Bears.

The things we got going for us. They were down without Addison Richards and Charles Johnson and if both those 2 are out again, our O-line should be able to hold up. The Colts held up just fine tonight and Luck was untouched without the Panthers blitzing late in that game. Blitz on Rodgers and he will torch you.

Between Luck making terrible throws and reads, and awful play calling on the Colts part for all of 3 quarters, the fact they were still able to come back and bring it to OT should be concerning to Carolina. We may have had our issues but they got far more in Indy.

The Panthers luck is going to run out, we are not losing back to back games. Expect an angry Rodgers to show up Sunday.

Members online

Latest posts