Official Carolina game

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hoping for a win and positive answers to the questions about the team that have sprung up lately, but also......

FOR THE LOVE OF LOMBARDI CAN WE PLEASE GET THROUGH A GAME WITHOUT LOSING 2 OR 3 GUYS TO INJURY!!!!

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
Or perhaps McCarthy even goes to his infamous onside kick tries at rare points in the game. He does seem to be a master at that.

In other official news I heard Skip Bayless picked us to win Sunday. I don't pay much attention to that troll, but this one ... man that ain't like him. Either he took a bad pill this morning or only picked them to try to rub it into Stephen A Smith's face.
Maybe he hates Cam Newton more than he seems to hate Aaron Rogers.

Reaction score
Much like the Packers, the Panthers have not beaten anyone that good this year (jags, texans, Saints, Buccaneers, Seahags, Eagles and Colts). Their one "signature win" may have been at Seattle and it took a 4th quarter comeback to do it. Personally I think the keys to the game are: Our Defense needs to contain Newton and shut down Olson. On Offense, Rodgers has to remain patient, the coaches have to give the running game a chance to get going and open the field up with a few deep routes early.

Hoping the "short week" takes a lit bit of the home field advantage away from Carolina, The Packers step up their game on both sides of the ball and Carolina fans are left wondering after the game "hmmm....maybe we aren't legit?"

Packers 28-24
Well, we will certainly know how that feels. Lol
Let's Rock This SHIP!!

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lets face it this is a game the Packets would normally win but they won't. Their TE's are bad, pass rush has disappeared, coverage looks like 2011 ago an and the WR's aren't getting open. Throw in a scrambling qb and a big WR and you have all the makings of another ugly loss.

D

Deleted member 6794

Packers inactives:

Kennard Backman
Brett Hundley
Ty Montgomery
Andy Mulumba
Quinten Rollins
Sam Shields
Lane Taylor

grampi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lets face it this is a game the Packets would normally win but they won't. Their TE's are bad, pass rush has disappeared, coverage looks like 2011 ago an and the WR's aren't getting open. Throw in a scrambling qb and a big WR and you have all the makings of another ugly loss.

Add to that, the O line can't run or pass block, and it appears we have the old defense back, the one that apparently can't stop anything...if GB doesn't pull their heads outta their butts they'll be lucky to end up getting a wildcard spot, but they'll probably lose in the 1st round...

smacker

Smacker = Smack talking Packer Fan
Reaction score
Add to that, the O line can't run or pass block, and it appears we have the old defense back, the one that apparently can't stop anything...if GB doesn't pull their heads outta their butts they'll be lucky to end up getting a wildcard spot, but they'll probably lose in the 1st round...

Minnesota is right behind. We could have a tie in the NFC North if Green Bay doesn't figure this out soon.

smacker

Reaction score
How can you go from a 6-0 team to what we are seeing the last two weeks? First signs of dissension too. No emotion, even the sideline announcers seeing it. What the hell is up?

DMANDTM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Keep Lacy out. Get some better blocking - keep Ripkowski and or Kuhn in the entire second half if necessary. The DB's are right on top of our receivers at the line, we need some different schemes so they aren't jammed all the time.

smacker

Reaction score
Good start to the second half. Hope they can recover from the disaster that was the first half.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The last time the Packers were so bad in back-to-back games to the point where I had to change the channel, Seneca Wallace and Scott Tolzien were playing quarterback.

Packers are getting dominated in every facet of the game and it's embarrassing to watch.

grampi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How can you go from a 6-0 team to what we are seeing the last two weeks? First signs of dissension too. No emotion, even the sideline announcers seeing it. What the hell is up?

This didn't happen in 2 weeks. GB actually struggled in their last 3 wins too, but don't ask me what the problem is, I can't tell you. It isn't just one or two aspects of the team that's having problems, it's the entire team...even Rodgers...

smacker

Reaction score
The last time the Packers were so bad in back-to-back games to the point where I had to change the channel, Seneca Wallace and Scott Tolzien were playing quarterback.

Packers are getting dominated in every facet of the game and it's embarrassing to watch.
I was at that game, couldn't change the channel! Like a car wreck you just couldn't look away.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
I was not at all impressed with Carolina. Cam just threw prayers all game long. But, even prayers work when the receivers don't have a defender within ear shot...

But, they beat the Packers. And despite the last part where they clearly let down their guard, it was a smack down. For 53 minutes, the Packers didn't even deserve to be on the same field as the Panthers today.

Oh, well. 6-2. Thank goodness there are a lot more really sucky teams out there than contenders. We can beat sucky teams. Probably will do so enough to get one of the playoff spots. And then, anything can happen.

grampi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was not at all impressed with Carolina. Cam just threw prayers all game long. But, even prayers work when the receivers don't have a defender within ear shot...

But, they beat the Packers. And despite the last part where they clearly let down their guard, it was a smack down. For 53 minutes, the Packers didn't even deserve to be on the same field as the Panthers today.

Oh, well. 6-2. Thank goodness there are a lot more really sucky teams out there than contenders. We can beat sucky teams. Probably will do so enough to get one of the playoff spots. And then, anything can happen.

If they continue playing like they are now and still manage to make play-offs, they will lose in the 1st round...

coffee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know you probably aren't wanting to hear from a Panther fan right now, but I just wanted to thank you for letting me visit your message board this week. You were quite cordial to an "enemy." I think we'll see each other again this year.

One thing I'll mention to you: My Panthers have an odd MO this season, kind of the opposite of Seattle recently. You know how they said Seattle was so tough that teams were worn down and beat up and played bad the following week? Every team that plays us does just the opposite. Literally EVERY team we've beaten has won the following week and played much better than expected.

Our MO seems to be that we play ugly, ugly games ... and win. We make every team look drastically worse than it is. (That's why so many have felt that we are the worst of the undefeated teams.) I think you just got the schedule glitch of two teams in a row that do the same thing. Both made you look much worse than you are. I predict that you will crush Detroit bad enough that you'll go back to realizing you are the playoff team you thought.

Thank you again for the hospitality. I'll check in occasionally.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts