Official Bear studs n duds

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe they think Nijman is one of their 5 best?
I believe the best 5 were starting & just need some time together to "gel". Jenkins fully practiced only a few times...he's more than capable of being a stud RT once he's confident in his knee & gets more time with the others, IMHO.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting, goes to show you can't always tell what is going on just by watching.

In the replays they showed you could see the surprise on Watson and Rodgers face, fact both seemed to illustrate this I wondered if the snap was not on time - Rodgers confirmed it.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
largely considered to be one of the absolute best all time at moving in the pocket to manipulate pass rushers with his blockers to create MORE time to throw the ball by every analyst, former player, and coach and everyone that matters in the NFL disagree with you. Completely.
for the record so do I…. but I don’t really think his silly statements deserve serious debate.

D

Deleted member 6794

Just don't know how you guys can be so sure. He got juked a lot in that game. Fine if it turns out true but I'll bet he would not have to shake off so much rust on the inside. And I don't have a lot of confidence in our coaches putting O linemen in the right places based on the past two years in the playoffs. Too much wishful thinking imho. I would prefer an A interior than a C tackle.

I agree. Just go with what he's best at, don't move him around

His versatility is great but no need to play musical chairs with the 5 OL bc it's not like Madden where you just "plug a guy in based off ratings" there are also line adjustments and protection schemes that change as well as familiarity

In my opinion Jenkins presents a bigger upgrade at right tackle over anyone else on the roster compared to the drop-off in performance with Runyan lining up at left guard. It shouldn't be surprising to anyone it might take him some games to get back to performing at an elite level.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jenkins is definitely worth watching. Did not look good at pass pro. Worse than his stats. If he does not do better quickly; it is a waste not to put him on the inside. Let him get back to his "elite level" from the inside.

Reaction score
Another thing about that Bears game. We fumbled on a drive that should’ve resulted in Points.
We were at the 28 yard line with a 1st n 10 (FG position) on this handoff fumble
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Instead we handed them good Field position on the 32 yard line. They were able to squeak into FG range and get 3 points off our mistake.

Reaction score
On another drive, Preston caused a Justin Fields fumble on the sack. It was by grace alone Chicago recovered this. Look at the position on that field It’s 3-7 points lost here.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Deguara, Watkins, Cobb, Lazard (to name a few) these guys all take Run block very seriously. Watson is also showing early signs of what he did well at ND State. You’ll see him here push his guy 4-5 yards backwards and he was the last blocker still fighting his guy when the play ended.

Now to preface this post, it’s doubtful his guy ever gets actively involved in that play. Same thing with Sammy blocking on the opposite side of that field (not in picture). Yet you never know (if #33 breaks a couple tackles or changes field direction) is that block the one that springs him for a TD. Superb effort

Attachments

• CF3FA2AA-0A1B-4DA8-A322-3BE2AFEA0CC1.png
    CF3FA2AA-0A1B-4DA8-A322-3BE2AFEA0CC1.png
    454.5 KB · Views: 61
D

Deleted member 6794

Jenkins is definitely worth watching. Did not look good at pass pro. Worse than his stats. If he does not do better quickly; it is a waste not to put him on the inside. Let him get back to his "elite level" from the inside.

I suggest you should be a little more patient with a player coming back from major injury. Heck, the rest of the team needed one game to get back into playing shape as well.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I suggest you should be a little more patient with a player coming back from major injury. Heck, the rest of the team needed one game to get back into playing shape as well.
I'm not saying don't play him. I'm saying put him on the interior where he won't get beat by the DE. Let him get his sea legs back from a position where he is more comfortable.

D

Deleted member 6794

I'm not saying don't play him. I'm saying put him on the interior where he won't get beat by the DE. Let him get his sea legs back from a position where he is more comfortable.

I understand what you're trying to say but in my opinion the offensive line as a unit is better with Jenkins at RT and Runyan at LG than they would be with Jenkins at LG and whoever ends up at RT in that scenario.

In addition I'm confident Jenkins will perform up to potential at right tackle pretty soon.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I understand what you're trying to say but in my opinion the offensive line as a unit is better with Jenkins at RT and Runyan at LG than they would be with Jenkins at LG and whoever ends up at RT in that scenario.

In addition I'm confident Jenkins will perform up to potential at right tackle pretty soon.
I hope so. But if he is continually getting beat; I hope the coaches do something that they don't do very often i.e. make an adjustment and put him on the interior.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
It took Joe Thomas a half season of games to look like his normal self after his return from ACL surgery. There is a mental component in these recoveries from severe injury that should not be discounted.

D

Deleted member 6794

I hope so. But if he is continually getting beat; I hope the coaches do something that they don't do very often i.e. make an adjustment and put him on the interior.

Jenkins needs to play better but he wasn't beat consistently as he allowed a total of three pressures, being responsible for one of the sacks.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw him get beat badly but the QB had already thrown the ball. That would not have counted as a pressure but he did get beat.

D

Deleted member 6794

I saw him get beat badly but the QB had already thrown the ball. That would not have counted as a pressure but he did get beat.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting Jenkins played well vs. the Bears. I'm optimistic he will significantly improve in a short period of time though.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting Jenkins played well vs. the Bears. I'm optimistic he will significantly improve in a short period of time though.
Maybe he improved this week in pass pro. But I did not really watch him and am not familiar with tampa's D end.

D

Deleted member 6794

Maybe he improved this week in pass pro. But I did not really watch him and am not familiar with tampa's D end.

According to PFF Jenkins improved blocking for the run but didn't do any better in pass protection.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts