Official Bear studs n duds

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you can't even do ARodgers. They're making me type everything out, what is this madness

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: Aaron Jones - Without his hair literally being on fire, this game may have had a different outcome. Slicing and dicing and super vision.

Preston Smith - Impacted the opposition as he stays patient and reads well while bringing good pressure.

Sammy Watkins - great routes and consistency. Smooth as silk on a few of his catches.

Duds: Offensive line pass pro - Jenkins still shaking off the rust. Myers looked a little shaky at times but good run blocking. Nijman concerns me.

Devondre Campbell - I am not sure what was going on here. Looked sluggish in zone and didn't read and react.

Dean Lowry - same old story. getting run on with no good push, but had a few good fills at times.

All in all, the running game ruled the day. A must win and they got it done. The offensive line looks frightful at times, but should improve. Getting gashed on the run we have seen before, and should improve as well.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: Aaron Jones - Without his hair literally being on fire, this game may have had a different outcome. Slicing and dicing and super vision.

Preston Smith - Impacted the opposition as he stays patient and reads well while bringing good pressure.

Sammy Watkins - great routes and consistency. Smooth as silk on a few of his catches.

Duds: Offensive line pass pro - Jenkins still shaking off the rust. Myers looked a little shaky at times but good run blocking. Nijman concerns me.

Devondre Campbell - I am not sure what was going on here. Looked sluggish in zone and didn't read and react.

Dean Lowry - same old story. getting run on with no good push, but had a few good fills at times.

All in all, the running game ruled the day. A must win and they got it done. The offensive line looks frightful at times, but should improve. Getting gashed on the run we have seen before, and should improve as well.

Wait really in Lowry? Perhaps one or two isolated plays stuck out to you but I actually thought we performed much better against the run when he was in vs when out all night

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think I missed what he did that was so bad. No fumbles, no drops, no running room, hit by a bad snap.
Caused the fumble...huge drop in week 1...I'd like to see him get through one week without a huge f***up before I move off my vibe/opinion...just ONE!

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
He doesn't know not to run AT a pass rusher soooooooooooo
I know you've never really cared for the QB all that much, but to insinuate you know more than him about football is quite a bit much. But maybe your credentials outweigh his. I'd love to hear about them some time.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Collins kept saying how we got our R tackle back. But Jenkins rarely played tackle, even in college I think. And maybe he is just a lot more valuable on the inside. Maybe it's because he's been out but he got beat a lot more times than his guy actually pressured Rodgers because the pass got off quickly.
Jenkins was shaking off some rust. I have no doubt that he will excel at RT if that's the route the Packers choose moving forward.

You could be right in your assessment that, in a vacuum, he's more effective inside. But lets try to keep it in the perspective that when he came into the league his rookie year, he had Bakhtiari in his prime at LT, Bulaga played all 16 games at RT, Linsley played all 16 at center, and you had Billy Turner holding it down at RG. So Jenkins had the freedom to excel at the LG position.

It's a little different now with the current oline situation. With the versatility of Jenkins, it would be foolish not to exploit that by having him hold down the RT spot, with the obvious hope that Bakhtiari can return this season at LT.

Wouldn't be all that surprised to eventually see Jenkins at LT if (heaven forbid) Bakhtiari can't make it back in the lineup. My hope though is that the Packers have been circling the Tampa game as the welcome back spot for Bakh. If not, I'd start to worry.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
This game is the formula for how the Packers want to play in 2022.

The running backs were both heavily involved and effective.

The ball was getting spread around very evenly in the passing game.

The defense was stifling and allowed the offense to do whatever it wanted to do and stay unpredictable.

The special teams were effective and efficient.

The flies in the ointment were/are:

-The OL isn't quite there yet; they're still learning to play together and Jenkins is still on his way back to form.

-The Bears are going to be in contention for the #1 overall pick; most teams won't make it this easy.

This is now what I I believe to be Matt's true offensive style

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He doesn't know not to run AT a pass rusher soooooooooooo
largely considered to be one of the absolute best all time at moving in the pocket to manipulate pass rushers with his blockers to create MORE time to throw the ball by every analyst, former player, and coach and everyone that matters in the NFL disagree with you. Completely.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Studs: The fans. Mainly because I was at the game. However, when it neared the end of the game almost the entire stadium was chanting "the bears still suck". It was spectacular. When the chant started a big, what I assume was an olineman, guy for the bears put his head down and started shaking it. Almost as to say, "we do suck".

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: The fans. Mainly because I was at the game. However, when it neared the end of the game almost the entire stadium was chanting "the bears still suck". It was spectacular. When the chant started a big, what I assume was an olineman, guy for the bears put his head down and started shaking it. Almost as to say, "we do suck".

Wonder if it was Lucas Patrick....man I miss having that versatile offensive lineman in GB as our floating depth guy

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Wonder if it was Lucas Patrick....man I miss having that versatile offensive lineman in GB as our floating depth guy
Yes, I'm sure inside he was thinking that he wished he was on the other side of the ball. He got paid though. Bully for him.

D

Deleted member 6794

Duds: O line pass blocking (maybe Jenkins should not be at tackle), D line against the run

It will take Jenkins some time to knock the rust off but he's definitely the best option to line up at right tackle.

Unforced errors are (easily) correctable, though. They're mistakes that can be addressed...much like ILB's in the wrong place or pi$$-poor tackling.

Unfortunately I don't believe that those mistakes are as easy to correct as you imply.

It’s unfortunate, but Lazard did not look completely healed up. If his injury is going to linger anywhere near trade deadline, then we need to consider bringing in outside veteran help at WR.

I'm absolutely convinced Lazard's injury won't be an issue around the trade deadline anymore.

Collins kept saying how we got our R tackle back. But Jenkins rarely played tackle, even in college I think. And maybe he is just a lot more valuable on the inside. Maybe it's because he's been out but he got beat a lot more times than his guy actually pressured Rodgers because the pass got off quickly.

Jenkins played half of his snaps at tackle in college in 2015 and '16 but after that hardly played any until last season when he lined up at left tackle for all but one snap before getting injured.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It will take Jenkins some time to knock the rust off but he's definitely the best option to line up at right tackle.
Just don't know how you guys can be so sure. He got juked a lot in that game. Fine if it turns out true but I'll bet he would not have to shake off so much rust on the inside. And I don't have a lot of confidence in our coaches putting O linemen in the right places based on the past two years in the playoffs. Too much wishful thinking imho. I would prefer an A interior than a C tackle.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just don't know how you guys can be so sure. He got juked a lot in that game. Fine if it turns out true but I'll bet he would not have to shake off so much rust on the inside. And I don't have a lot of confidence in our coaches putting O linemen in the right places based on the past two years in the playoffs. Too much wishful thinking imho. I would prefer an A interior than a C tackle.
I agree. Just go with what he's best at, don't move him around

His versatility is great but no need to play musical chairs with the 5 OL bc it's not like Madden where you just "plug a guy in based off ratings" there are also line adjustments and protection schemes that change as well as familiarity

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree. Just go with what he's best at, don't move him around

His versatility is great but no need to play musical chairs with the 5 OL bc it's not like Madden where you just "plug a guy in based off ratings" there are also line adjustments and protection schemes that change as well as familiarity

Problem is say you put him at LG, that is JRJ's best spot....and JRJ is one of our best 5 OL. So do you move him out of position to the RG? If you put Jenkins at guard but on RG, now you are putting another out of position (Newman) or rookie (Tom) at RT

Jenkins playing RT signaled they are putting what they deem their best 5 OL on the field. I do wonder why Jenkins wasn't at LT...it either is because he isn't 100% or they want Yosh comfortable and consistently playing LT as it will be that way for a bit longer and they don't want to shuffle him around each week perhaps.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Like LaFleur mentioned, might need to stay a little lower at impact on pad level.

Doesn't take long to get your clock cleaned in the NFL.
Yes, it's been very noticeable that he exposes too much of his body to impact. Welcome to the mens league.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Problem is say you put him at LG, that is JRJ's best spot....and JRJ is one of our best 5 OL. So do you move him out of position to the RG? If you put Jenkins at guard but on RG, now you are putting another out of position (Newman) or rookie (Tom) at RT

Jenkins playing RT signaled they are putting what they deem their best 5 OL on the field. I do wonder why Jenkins wasn't at LT...it either is because he isn't 100% or they want Yosh comfortable and consistently playing LT as it will be that way for a bit longer and they don't want to shuffle him around each week perhaps.
Maybe they think Nijman is one of their 5 best?

Reaction score
you can't even do ARodgers. They're making me type everything out, what is this madness
I know right. I just use #12 it’s easier. Plus it makes us cool like Rodgers, he uses Jersey #’s quite often in referencing players :cool:

Members online

Latest posts