NFCCG: Rodgers vs. Brady @ Lambeau Field

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brady proved this year that he was more integral to the Pats success than Belichick was.
Brady went to a team that was built and waiting for a QB. Belichick is still with a team that has to let stuff go and rebuild. I know it's the narrative the media probably is pushing, because that's what they do. Race to conclusions and keep people clicking, but this season is hardly an indictment on who was better. That Tampa team has more playmakers on offense at the same time this season than NE probably had their entire run of 20 years. and much like the NE teams, the defense is really good too.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd say, yeah, you have to get to Brady, but Brady doesn't make it easy to get to Brady. Their Oline is good and he's seen it all. he knows when the ball has to come out quick and he gets out and he knows when he has a tick or 2 more. He doesn't give you many opportunities to bring him down.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
everyone's entitled to their opinion, but sometimes it's better to keep that opinion locked up in an ugly little box inside your broken heart where nobody has to look at it <3

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
It took Tampa Bay 4 turnovers to win that game. They scored 14 points when their offense started with the ball in the red zone. This game is simple. Secure the ball and go to the super bowl.

While the Packers regular season game last year was an indication of the NFCCG, the same will not be said for this year. The Packers were outplayed, but mostly out coached by the niners in both games. Tampa beat the packers in 90 degree weather, off of 2 of Aaron Rodgers 5 picks throughout the season. The Saints also beat Tampa 38-3 in November.

Packers 38; Tampa 21

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hoping the Saints would win and avoid the Bucs D. At some point, if the Packers want to be champions, the defense will have to make some big plays. I'll take 4 sacks next week if they come on 3rd or 4th down!

I've been doing some research and the Bucs' D isn't as dominating as it was in October. I doubt they are better than the Rams (even the Rams without A. Donald).

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And my sister grew up in Wisconsin yet she lost the ability to handle the cold when she moved to Florida in her 20's. Being in the cold adapts one better than just showing up for a weekend business trip. Plus as noted upthread, the other 50 players beyond Gronk aren't NE winter hardened.

I'm a GB borne and bred gal who now shivers when the temps are under 70° after 15 years in southwest FL. lol

Fat Dogs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So he didnt make the Pats def better? Brady did that?
That has nothing to do with this

I dont hold lot of stock in this theory..could this be an issue? Maybe but the players arent the same..

So my questions are.

Who were the players he had then?
What were their Def ranks in points scored for entire season those years?

For those stat geeks..

Let PAC figure it out

Your right about different players. The same applies to week #6. Kevin king was out with a quad so Josh Jackson played 100% of the snaps. Z. Smith and Gary were nursing ankle injuries and were both limited in snaps. Smith had his lowest snap count percentage of the year and Gary had his 2nd lowest. It was also Kenny Clark’s first game back off his injury. This D was banged up. Brady had his way with Jonathan Garvin, Raven Greene, Ty Summer and Josh Jackson. I think we’ve gotten healthy and improved significantly on that side of the ball.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You mean outside of the 85 yards rushing averaging just under 5 yards a carry?

Honestly the Saints would've won if they just used him more

And if they didn't turn it over like the Saints did yesterday. If we don't turn it over and/or screw up with stupid penalties we should be successful on Sunday.

Fat Dogs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, but its an afternoon game so the frigid cold will he negated. I guess cold temps only affect players in night games.

I was a little irked that both were afternoon games. I wonder how they decide.

Guacamole

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every Packer player knows what's on the line, and that they need to bring their "A" game. Hopefully our Special Team/Kicking Team does their job. NEVER GIVE THEM A SHORT FIELD, put the ball in the end zone on all kick offs and if they ever have to punt, punt the ball to one of the sidelines, no run backs. I have the Packers winning, 30-20

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Assume the NFC/AFC times are rotated. Spot checking times for the last 4 years appears they rotate early/late (with about an hour fudge factor). As for the early time this weekend, fine by me. Gives them an extra day of rest.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Championship games go on an alternating early/late game schedule. This year the AFC is scheduled for primetime. Last year the Packers were the late game. For this past weekend, I guess the Brees/Brady matchup would grab the most eyeballs so everything was based off of that. Both NFC games couldn't be the late game and the Rams played WC on Saturday so the Sat early game was the most logical choice.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The thing I noticed during the Saint's game was that Brady threw a lot of passes into the flat. And they were open enough to get 1st downs. It is really tough because they have a lot of guys that can get deep. But I don't think we can just give up that play all of the time. Their D looked like they did against us imho. Which was tough against the run and tight against the pass. Maybe we can loosen them up with throws to Bobby and Mercedes.

rdawsoniii

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ugh same crap different season... facing the one team that Punished them in the regular season. Niners Seahawks Atlanta.. now Tampa bay. I won’t hold my breath on this one but history is not looking good here. I hope to god they play good but Tom just don’t lose.. Green Bay might score a few more points than last time. 43-16 Tampa. Go on let me have it guys
It won’t be that bad, but I fear you are right. I don’t see the Packers winning.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The thing I noticed during the Saint's game was that Brady threw a lot of passes into the flat. And they were open enough to get 1st downs. It is really tough because they have a lot of guys that can get deep. But I don't think we can just give up that play all of the time. Their D looked like they did against us imho. Which was tough against the run and tight against the pass. Maybe we can loosen them up with throws to Bobby and Mercedes.

I doubt Mercedes will get open unless they just plain forget him. There’s a reason he’s not targeted frequently.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is it Sunday yet?
Sunday cannot get here fast enough.

It won’t be that bad, but I fear you are right. I don’t see the Packers winning.
And why is that exactly? I don't get it with you guys.

We get questioned about our physicality and we check that box.
We get questioned about stopping the run and we check that box.
We get questioned about facing how well we do against stellar defenses and we once again check that box.

I don't understand what possible reason you have to believe that Tampa is going to come into Lambeau and beat Rodgers and company. Based on what? What have you seen from Tampa that scares you guys so much? What do they do better than us? I saw the game against The Saints, and quite frankly I'm not impressed. Had it not been for those turnovers, like when we had faced them, The Saints would've likely won.@Snoops this goes to you as well.

Was it our game against them in WEEK 5, when Rodgers basically played the worst game of the season? Keep in mind we spotted them 2 scores and Brady didn't really play that well. You HONESTLY believe Rodgers is going to play that sloppy? We played a Rams team and several other teams that had better defenses and dropped over 30 points, and you guys are still afraid? Of what? Help me understand.

I respect the Bucs, but there's no doubt in my mind we're kicking their *** this Sunday. We OWE these chumps. We're gonna win, and it won't be close. Rodgers is on a mission, and not even the "GOAT" is going to get in our way.

Fat Dogs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Championship games go on an alternating early/late game schedule. This year the AFC is scheduled for primetime. Last year the Packers were the late game. For this past weekend, I guess the Brees/Brady matchup would grab the most eyeballs so everything was based off of that. Both NFC games couldn't be the late game and the Rams played WC on Saturday so the Sat early game was the most logical choice.

That makes sense. Wasn’t sure weather it was just some random decision. The colder the better. Let’s hope for snow because footing will be a factor for them.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m optimistic about this game, but I also think the Packers need to be extremely careful. The Bucs are not gifted turnovers... they create them. It’s a big part of what they do.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just watched the highlights of the last game vs TB and it was just an aberration, a bad game by Rodgers. After 2 quick INTs returned for score, he just lost his rhythm. He certainly had time to throw most of the game. Lots of short good passes to Adams, Tonyan and couple of good runs from Jones and Williams too.

All sacks look like missed assignments as defenders got a near direct line to AR12 without blockers.

I don't think we'll see a repeat of that again.

Latest posts