NFCCG: Rodgers vs. Brady @ Lambeau Field

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m optimistic about this game, but I also think the Packers need to be extremely careful. The Bucs are not gifted turnovers... they create them. It’s a big part of what they do.
Agreed, as long as we don't turn the ball over, I don't see Tampa beating us. Matter of fact I see us getting two ints off Brady. I think we're going to beat the breaks of Tampa and it won't be close. My final score is 48-21. It won't be much of a game more than just a straight up asswhooping. :laugh:

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree. When Fat Dogs started listing all of the defensive issues against the Bucs, I was shaking my head. The Packers were DOMINATING the Buccaneers until the pick-six. The pick-six and subsequent interception changed the Packers' psyche and completely flipped the momentum. Can that happen again? Absolutely. Does that give me fear of the Bucs? No.

I fear how the Packers will handle the adversity that inevitably shows up in playoff games. The Bucs don't scare me.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
It won’t be that bad, but I fear you are right. I don’t see the Packers winning.
Have you watched any Packers and Tampa Bay games this year? The way to beating the Packers is control time of possession with the run game. Tampa averages 2:1 pass:run. Even if Brady plays the best game of his season, even if Rodgers plays his worst, their passing attack, just gives Rodgers the ball back quicker.

The Packers gold zone efficiency is 80% and 75% in the last 3 games. The Tampa Bay defense red zone efficiency is 63% and 64% in the past 3 games (meaning their opponents score 63-64% of the time they get into the red zone). They have thrown 50 passing TDs; 18 rushing touchdowns and turned the ball over 11 times on offense. They average 4.9 yards per carry. Mason Crosby is 100% on field goals and missed 4 extra points.

Conversely, Tampa Bays red zone efficiency is 63% and 37% in the last 3 games. The Packers red zone defense is 58% and in the last 3 games 40%. They have thrown 46 passing TDs; 18 rushing TDs and turned the ball over 14 times in one more games played than the Packers. Their kicker is 90% on field goals and has missed 5 extra points.

If Bill Bellichik was on the other side of the ball, it would warrant being nervous. He would know the ONLY way to beat the Packers at home is to own time of possession by running it down their throats. Bruce Arians and TB12 want to throw the ball. Throwing the ball, just gives the best offense in the league the ball back quicker. If the Packers turn the ball over less than 2 times, statstically speaking, they win the game. Their game plan should be the exact same game plan as Saturday night. Establish the run with a 3 headed attack, pre-snap motion to confuse the secondary and open up the deep ball. The only member of the Tampa defense that scares me is Devin White.

For Tampa to win this game, the Packers have to play terrible, because they could play a perfect football game for them, and as long as the Packers play average, the Packers will still win the game.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I don’t think that Pettine will be able to wreck Brady or their offense.

But I don’t believe it will matter as I fully expect LaFleur and Rodgers to give Bowles a swirly, a wedgy, and to stuff him in his locker.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m not trying to be combative or **** in anyone’s Cheerios or be a Debbie downer as much as it sounds like regardless what u guys say. But they are shoot themselves in the foot against good teams Tampa bay is the ONE team I didn’t wanna play in the playoffs before the year started and then especially after they bent Green Bay over with no lube earlier in the season. They always struggle against the teams in the playoffs that they got punished in the regular season. Look at last year you guys were saying the same thing before we played San Fran in the championship that it’s a different team then the reg season blah blah blah and they got STOMPED AGAIN. I’m looking at the history here year in year out. They have a chance it’s good it’s at home they gonna come ball out and protect Rodgers get Aaron jones running play aggressive on defense it’s gonna come down to whoever has the ball last

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I’m not trying to be combative or **** in anyone’s Cheerios or be a Debbie downer as much as it sounds like regardless what u guys say. But they are shoot themselves in the foot against good teams Tampa bay is the ONE team I didn’t wanna play in the playoffs before the year started and then especially after they bent Green Bay over with no lube earlier in the season. They always struggle against the teams in the playoffs that they got punished in the regular season. Look at last year you guys were saying the same thing before we played San Fran in the championship that it’s a different team then the reg season blah blah blah and they got STOMPED AGAIN. I’m looking at the history here year in year out. They have a chance it’s good it’s at home they gonna come ball out and protect Rodgers get Aaron jones running play aggressive on defense it’s gonna come down to whoever has the ball last

They’re the most pathetic franchise in the NFL.

Their offense is a fluke.

They fell backwards in the NFCCG.

Anyone could have done it.

They’re going to lose by 60.

They should probably move the team to London.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There secondary doesn’t scare me. If the line can protect Rodgers he will shred them up. The first game they marched right down the field... and the second drive. Once they started getting to Rodgers that’s when the game was lost.

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m more confident about this game than the Rams honestly. Brady should’ve had like 6 interceptions vs the saints, he’s been throwing up gifts all season, it’s on our defense to capitalize and finally start to get some takeaways. Nobody can stop our offense, Rodgers won’t play like he did last time and the packers are hotter than anyone left. It’s about peaking at the right time, and we are peaking. It’s in Lambeau. Packers 37- Bucs-24

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I keep hearing people referring to that 9er game in reference to this upcoming game. sorry but anyone who brings up the niners game as a reason to why we will lose this one, their opinion is automatically disregarded. That packers team was not close to as good as this one, and this bucs team is no where near as dominant as that niner team. We were obvious underdogs headed to play the niners, we’re the favorites here in lambeau and for good reason.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They’re the most pathetic franchise in the NFL.

Their offense is a fluke.

They fell backwards in the NFCCG.

Anyone could have done it.

They’re going to lose by 60.

They should probably move the team to London.
I kept refreshing the page since last night waiting for your comment ha

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do tend to think that that first game was more of a fluke than a real assessment of how these teams matchup.

Let's look at personnel and our defense in particular. If I had to pick one guy who is indispensable to our defense, one guy we cannot go without it's a healthy Kenny Clark. We could lose Z, and have solid edge production from Gary and Preston. We could lose Jaire and we could make do with King Sullivan and a more conservative application of Amos and Savage, more shading over the top on routes and less roaming. We could lose either

Clark's push and disruption in the middle of the defense makes everyone else more effective both against the run and pass. His return to health is a big reason as to why our defense is giving up on 18 ppg over the last 7 games. Yes he played against Tampa but was severely limited with a nagging groin injury. For his first 5 games of the year Clark only played more than 63% of the snaps only once and did not register a single QB hit, sack or tackle for loss in those 5 games. Since playing 89% of the snaps against Jac he's produced 3.5 sacks, 8 qb hits and 4 tffls. That folks is pro bowl level production from an interior lineman.

Thats the sort of interior line play that makes everyone else on the defense better, his inside push creates better angles for our edge rushers and tends to screw with a quarterbacks passing reads.

Since Clarke started showing up Gary has registered 5 of his 6.5 sacks, Preston logged 3.5 of his 4 sacks on the year since Clarke returned to an impact level of play.

We will have a much better defensive unit, when we play the Buccs this Sunday.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed, as long as we don't turn the ball over, I don't see Tampa beating us. Matter of fact I see us getting two ints off Brady. I think we're going to beat the breaks of Tampa and it won't be close. My final score is 48-21. It won't be much of a game more than just a straight up asswhooping. :laugh:
I hope you are right lol I wanna see Brady pouting on the sidelines

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
If we look at points allowed the Bucs are ranked 9th in the league. The Packers beat the #1 Rams, #5 Saints, #12 Bears and put up points against the #11 Colts. The Packers are ranked #15 overall for points given up. Pretty much right in the middle. The Bucs do have a good defense. The Packers had their worst game on the road against them. They are not elite and can be scored on though.

Flip it over to scoring on offense and the Packers are #1. The Bucs are actually #3. Interestingly, the Bills are #2 and the Chiefs are #6. Statistically, it's so close points wise I'm not sure one can pick a winner based off this. I think the great equalizer is the weather. It will be cold with a 60% chance of snow. Green Bay is supposed to get 1-3". I think this plays into the Packers favor. They have 3 very capable running backs and throwing in the snow doesn't seem to bother Rodgers.

I like our chances. Bring on the Bucs!

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Flip it over to scoring on offense and the Packers are #1. The Bucs are actually #3. Interestingly, the Bills are #2 and the Chiefs are #6. Statistically, it's so close points wise I'm not sure one can pick a winner based off this. I think the great equalizer is the weather. It will be cold with a 60% chance of snow. Green Bay is supposed to get 1-3". I think this plays into the Packers favor. They have 3 very capable running backs and throwing in the snow doesn't seem to bother Rodgers.

Looking at this a little deeper, I didn't realize the Bucs are so bad at running the ball. They rank 28th in yardage and 29th in attempts. They seem pretty one dimensional. Packers are 8th in rushing yardage and 12th in attempts. They are much more balanced. With home field, that too might give them an edge.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You would have me if you didn't have that same pessimism that you did this past week against The Rams. ;p

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't stand Brady and I hope they knock him on his butt several times. Can't stand Gronk either. Neither one of them is going to be phased by the weather.

Yes, we played well against the #1 defense but Donald was hurt. TB doesn't have any significant injuries on their defense and their LB's are very good.

I just hope ML has a good game plan set up and that all phases hold up their end of the bargan.

The fans have to bring the noise like they did in the last game. Everyone has to play smart football.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well IMO Tampa Bay is a good team. There's no doubt about it. They do have a path to winning this game, but I just think the Packers are playing too good right now and should be clear favorites.

The way I see Tampa Bay being able to win this is for them to stop the run, which they can certainly do. They have the #1 run defense in the the NFL. Stop the run and try to get to Rodgers. Do I think it will be that easy? No.

On offense, I have to say I'm impressed by Fournette. He gives them a legit running option. Brady is not going to light them up, but if he plays steady that could be enough for the Bucs to win...if the Packers do not play well. If the Packers come to play, they'll take this one.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Turnovers, Sacks and Penalties could decide the game on Sunday.

If you look at the box score from the game in October here is what you will see. Very lopsided and IMO, the difference in the game.

Turnovers: Packers: 2
Bucs: 0

Sacks allowed: Packers: 5

Penalty Yards: Packers: (6) 76 yards

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would hang this up all week in the Packers locker room and let it stew.

“We knew them guys didn’t deserve to be on the field with us because we got too much talent and we fly around to the ball.”

PackerRyche

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Turnovers, Sacks and Penalties could decide the game on Sunday.

If you look at the box score from the game in October here is what you will see. Very lopsided and IMO, the difference in the game.

Turnovers: Packers: 2

Sacks allowed: Packers: 5

Penalty Yards: Packers: (6) 76 yards

There it is right there. Packers laid an egg back in October. They look like a different team over the last few games. Unstoppable in my opinion. Saints handed the Bucs that game yesterday and still had a chance to take the lead late until Brees stepped on his d*** again. I feel the momentum is with us. Rams played a pretty good game and we dominated them. It will be the same thing with TB.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I feel the momentum is with us. Rams played a pretty good game and we dominated them. It will be the same thing with TB.

I fully agree and as long as we eliminate turnovers, penalties, protect Rodgers and knock Brady around a bit, we win.

Also, that last game was played in 90 degree weather. I doubt its going to be quite that warm in Green Bay on Sunday. :coffee: I love all the chatter by some that "the weather won't effect Brady or the Bucs". Hoping all the Bucs players believe that before they step out on the Frozen tundra and that cold air smacks them across their face. :sneaky:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I would hang this up all week in the Packers locker room and let it stew.

“We knew them guys didn’t deserve to be on the field with us because we got too much talent and we fly around to the ball.”

Devin White sure gave the Packers some bulletin board material there didn't he?

OP
OP
C-Lee

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Of course.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You would have me if you didn't have that same pessimism that you did this past week against The Rams. ;p
I don’t think I said anything about the rams ahead of the game lol I wasn’t worried about Goff or wolford butttttttt I did say all season anyone but the Bucs. I knew it just felt it all season long

Members online

Latest posts