Nfccg duds

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did you see the amount of 5 wide we were running today when Wagner had been an absolute turnstile and clearly needed some help? That's adjustments (or lack thereof). That's coaching. That would have been a good place to start to chip with a TE.
maybe, but an NFL tackle needs to at least stand in the way. There were way, way too many plays they didn't even do that. Chip with a TE, so what. their LB'ers are fast, who you gonna throw to? a TE that didn't get into a route? a WR that had nobody running routes underneath to clear any body out? and leave the tackle that can't block anyone anyway. Out Tackles were horrid today. and it showed.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Notable Studs:

MVS answered every call given.
Dillon - soft hands, power and showed vision
Jaire
Barnes - gutted out more than he should have
Kirksey

Notable Duds:

Rodgers decision making at times was not HOF level
Jones, two fumbles
Pettine
King - that Miller coverage was the worst play of his career
Sullivan
Redmond

Seriously everyone is gonna harp on King or Pettine...but here is just a few examples of plays we make that tight game swings:

-Redmond catches the fair catch type pass, they don't get the touchdown to end the half.

-King...does literally anything pro level on the coverage before half they don't score.

-Rodgers not make a terrible throw decision to Lazard on the INT, nothing swings.

-They call holding a PI the whole game that above INT doesn't happen and they don't score before half, and we might have.

-If Adams catches the back shoulder ball on the drive we settled for FG that he catches always, albeit he is one of a few that normally make it look easy -that TD swings things.

-Two plays following that one above, Rodgers tried forcing it to Adams way too much.

I was with you until here. Lazard was getting held on that INT.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Disappointed. Disappointed in 1-5 championship games. Disappointed we couldn't capitalize when the GOAT had a pretty poor game. Disappointed Mr. "ALL GAS NO ****ING BREAK" decided the best course of action was counting on the D to be flawless. Disappointed our stud qb shriveled in a big moment and didn't try to run it in. Disappointed the refs swallowed their whistles all game long until it meant sealing the game away. Disappointed our top tier RB who has been reliable all season long coughed it up twice. Disappointed in the fact when we all we had to do was keep receivers in front we let one sneak out with six seconds left.

GB is on the verge of nfl mediocrity for the next x years and we let another great season slip through our fingers.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The shoutbox that ignorantly said it was a blowout and over the second the game started? The box that continually kept saying that was our last chance, when it wasn't?

The shoutbox calling for MLF to be fired??

Sorry take that shizz elsewhere the shoutbox is a joke of knee jerk ignorance during a game. Solid commentary happens but it is tough filtering through the ignorance.

This is why I don't go in there.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Biggest dud was Rodgers. Despite a few of those key plays not being his fault, he needed to play a flawless game and he didn't. Unfortunately this game will end the conversation for GOAT. Brady gets to come into the NFC for ONE season and make the SB. Goodnight.

Brady was hardly touched and our OL let the Bucs harass Rodgers yet again. Brady's TEAM played better than ours did.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I think many are missing the boat on this one.

You could obviously point to the last holding call committed by King (which even if it wasn't called wouldn't have guaranteed a victory for the Packers). Yet I agree it shouldn't have been called based on how the game was called previously.

But the single biggest turn in this game was the play at the end of the half.

Mike Pettine should be fired TOMORROW. And I'm not sure why there isn't more attention being placed on him in this thread. And I've read every post.

The TWO THINGS you cannot afford to do is 1. let a guy get outside on you (Bucs had no timeouts, don't let them get to the boundary). and 2. Don't let a guy get behind you. But SOMEHOW, Mike Pettine allows Kevin King to be lined up on the fastest skill guy that the Bucs have. And King gets absolutely burned by not only playing inside when he should have been guarding against the outside move, but lets Scotty Miller get over the top on him.

I don't care how anyone decides to slice this baby. THAT is the fault of the defensive coordinator. The difference in 14-10 and 21-10 is enormous.

And then at the end......

Matt LaFleur made an awful decision. Instead of trusting your hall of fame....MVP QUARTERBACK....to get 8 yards, you put the game in the hands of the DEFENSE that absolutely, under no circumstance whatsoever under the direction of Mike ****ing Pettine, should be trusted. Against TOM ****ing Brady. I don't give a **** how old he is.

That was 100% a gutless call by Matt LaFleur, and I've been one of his biggest supporters. Horrendous decision making.

At worst, the offense doesn't convert and you have TB backed up on their own 8 and STILL need a touchdown to have a shot to win.

This will be an unpopular opinion with some, but Rodgers got failed again. I'll have to rewatch the film before I can provide my final assessment, but for the most part, he did exceptional with the hand he was dealt. I didn't even get into the fumble by Jones or the drops by Adams and others.

Bottom Line: Pettine has to GO.

TOMORROW.

And LaFleur better learn something from this experience.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m full doom/gloom right now hahah

We’ll never see AR12 be in a super bowl again, at least as a Packer. That’s so haunting and sad.

Really? Unless he retires where is he going? This is a good team and we should be in the mix again in 2021.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dude I'm deflated. The ref throwing that flag on such a ticky tack play really and late of all things and they missed a holding call on the same play. Like how do you do that? The dude flopped. I won't blame the loss on the refs, but damn how do you throw that flag?

It wasn't ticky tack. King grabbed the jersey big time. It should have been holding and not PI. What most of us are upset about is the refs let this crap go on all day until late in the 4th.

MadCat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How many teams ever come close to having as large a window of opportunity as the Packers have had in the past 10 years? It remains to be seen whether or not it just slammed shut.

And it appears that the elusive home field advantage, which was all they supposedly needed, was no advantage at all.

This was such a huge disappointment.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hopefully he tells them like it is..GET ME A DAMN DEFENSE, and a defensive coordinator that knows what he is doing!! It sucked that they couldn't stop anything in the first half. It also sucks that that ******* pettine thought they would be fired up by having to rewatch the championship game from last year. If anything it probably made them feel like they were incompetent!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You could obviously point to the last holding call committed by King (which even if it wasn't called wouldn't have guaranteed a victory for the Packers). Yet I agree it shouldn't have been called based on how the game was called previously.

Mike Pettine should be fired TOMORROW. And I'm not sure why there isn't more attention being placed on him in this thread. And I've read every post.

The TWO THINGS you cannot afford to do is 1. let a guy get outside on you (Bucs had no timeouts, don't let them get to the boundary). and 2. Don't let a guy get behind you. But SOMEHOW, Mike Pettine allows Kevin King to be lined up on the fastest skill guy that the Bucs have. And King gets absolutely burned by not only playing inside when he should have been guarding against the outside move, but lets Scotty Miller get over the top on him.

I don't care how anyone decides to slice this baby. THAT is the fault of the defensive coordinator. The difference in 14-10 and 21-10 is enormous.

Matt LaFleur made an awful decision. Instead of trusting your hall of fame....MVP QUARTERBACK....to get 8 yards, you put the game in the hands of the DEFENSE that absolutely, under no circumstance whatsoever under the direction of Mike ******* Pettine, should be trusted. Against TOM ******* Brady. I don't give a **** how old he is.

That was 100% a gutless call by Matt LaFleur, and I've been one of his biggest supporters. Horrendous decision making.

At worst, the offense doesn't convert and you have TB backed up on their own 8 and STILL need a touchdown to have a shot to win.

This will be an unpopular opinion with some, but Rodgers got failed again. I'll have to rewatch the film before I can provide my final assessment, but for the most part, he did exceptional with the hand he was dealt. I didn't even get into the fumble by Jones or the drops by Adams and others.

TOMORROW.

i'm with you on all of it but the fg. I'm fine with it. getting the ball back with 1:30 and Rodgers I like our chances from anywhere on the field. down at the 8, yeah, we're close and the other part is, the field is small. I'd rather have Rodgers and 4 shots from the 10-20 for the win than 1 shotfrom the 8 with no threat of a run game. and then have to do it again from the 2 or 3 one play later to tie.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obviously that's all the team can do. They can't control the officiating.

But the officiating can affect the game. And they did-- to the tune of tipping it in TB's favor.

For instance, if they call holding on Lazard before the half, we go into Q3 at 14-10, 14-13, or even up 17-14.

Instead it was 21-10. That's a swing of anywhere from 7 to 14 points. That's massive!

And it's just one play. You can forgive one play. Refs aren't perfect. But they gave it to Tampa literally the entire game, and then nailed GB when it was literally the difference between losing or continuing the fight.

No one can tell me that wasn't the difference.

I'm more than happy to discuss failures on the part of coaches and players eventually. But all coaches and all players make mistakes in all games. The refs' job is to make it a level playing field so that the team who wins, deserves to win and vice versa. They absolutely failed in their jobs, they tilted the field, and they cost Green Bay a shot at a Super Bowl. So before anything else, I'm pointing the finger squarely at that.

That TD they got at the end of the half was the difference in the game.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really? Unless he retires where is he going? This is a good team and we should be in the mix again in 2021.
I hope that I am absolutely dead wrong, but this team traded up in the first round for a QB for a reason.

AR12's presser tonight was brutally honest. Gute's plans at QB is a convo for another time (will come up soon), but it's clear that they for some reason want to move on from him.

(Fun Fact: Gute tried to draft Drew Lock in the draft before)

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Matt LaFleur made an awful decision. Instead of trusting your hall of fame....MVP QUARTERBACK....to get 8 yards, you put the game in the hands of the DEFENSE that absolutely, under no circumstance whatsoever under the direction of Mike ******* Pettine, should be trusted. Against TOM ******* Brady. I don't give a **** how old he is.

TOMORROW.

I don't know man... You realize we are 1-5 in the NFCCG since 2007, including Brett's last NFCCG here and when MM was here..

The Packers have had 2 Top 15 First Ballot HOF QBs since 1993, so the past 27+ years or so and have only played in....

3 Super Bowls... lol

It's almost comical at this point.

Tom Brady will be playing in his 10th in 2 weeks.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
i'm with you on all of it but the fg. I'm fine with it. getting the ball back with 1:30 and Rodgers I like our chances from anywhere on the field. down at the 8, yeah, we're close and the other part is, the field is small. I'd rather have Rodgers and 4 shots from the 10-20 for the win than 1 shotfrom the 8 with no threat of a run game. and then have to do it again from the 2 or 3 one play later to tie.
But you trusted the defense to actually get a stop? cmon Mondio....

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Arians massively outcoached MLF today. I was praying they would punt before half but told my buddies I didn't think they had anything to lose by going for it and after a timeout Arians thought better of it too. Turned out, they had 7 points to gain.

Passing the ball on 1st and 10 with 2:02 was also brilliant because the 2 minute warning will hit after the play regardless of the play outcome and our defense was unsurprisingly anticipating run and not ready.

Trusting Mike Pettine's defense to make a stop with everything at stake over trusting Aaron Rodgers to get 8 yards on one play and then a 2 was an egregiously terrible move. At that point I don't think many people realistically thought we'd get another chance and even if we did we still needed a TD. Just a horrible, horrible move.

The playcalling sucked and it's yet another NFCCG that we looked ill prepared for and fell down by 17+. The comeback was commendable but unfortunately the hole was too big.

MLF is obviously quite safe but he's well on his way to establishing a Marty Schottenheimer type reputation of being a guy who rides great regular seasons and then gets outcoached when the stakes are highest.

This is only his second year as a HC. I think your assessment is a little premature.

TexasCheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It wasn't ticky tack. King grabbed the jersey big time. It should have been holding and not PI. What most of us are upset about is the refs let this crap go on all day until late in the 4th.

100g Agree, it was ok call BUT the entire game it wasn't called on either defense. Typical Brady calls for a scripted home field SB. I think brady is amazing but the dude is tainted with favorable call cheating scandals and hissy fits. This one stings bad. Hope he loses the SB in blowout style.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
At the end of the day....

Can anyone explain:

1. Pettine at the end of the 1st half

and

2. MLF for trusting Pettine at the end with defense rather than his HOF, MVP quarterback?

Like at the end of the day, these are inexcusable.....

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's highly likely that next season is Rodgers' last in Green Bay. If they win it all, I think he'll retire. If they don't, I think he'll have had enough and look to finish up his career elsewhere.

Imagine Rodgers with the Saints. Or the Colts. We've had 10 years to get him enough help to win another championship and we haven't even been able to get back to the game. The organization has failed him. Tampa Bay did everything they could to put enough talent around Brady to win today despite him not having his best game and that's part of the reason they're playing in Super Bowl 55 and we are not. It took them one single try with a HOF QB to get to the game that we've had 10 consecutive failures at getting him to.

MadCat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would be curious to know how MLF thought our defense was going to get the ball back after opting for the FG.

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
my bet is Aaron is looking at AFC teams right now like the Steelers or something...
100g Agree, it was ok call BUT the entire game it wasn't called on either defense. Typical Brady calls for a scripted home field SB. I think brady is amazing but the dude is tainted with favorable call cheating scandals and hissy fits. This one stings bad. Hope he loses the SB in blowout style.

I mean for the record I 100% feel you on that last holding call on King. NOt just that it was going back and forth all game but if it isn't called AR isn't "handed" a "gimme scoring drive"

We probably get the ball back with 1:30 with 80+ yards to go...

****, if i'm the refs i'm thinking "let's see this happen"

But I feel like blaming ONE call is like putting the "scapegoat" on ONE play like the Bostick play from 2014. Obviously it was a bonehead play by him and cost him his job, but we had 5 interceptions in that game too and had 6 points off of those interceptions

Our team as a whole had numerous opportunities to make things happen and they didn't... plain and simple

Tom made "just enough" plays to win the game, like enough for them to get that last FG as an example.

In football, sports, life, etc you can't just point your finger and blame at ONE play/thing and just if it doesn't go your way start making excuses and making it a "scapegoat"

That's not how I roll at least

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really don't get the uproar with the kick.

The defense had to stop them no matter what

Members online

Latest posts