Nfccg duds

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obviously Pettine deserves huge blame for giving up the TD before the half.

But we still had a timeout before that play. Did MLF not recognize the defense we were in? Why was no timeout called to correct the defensive scheme?
You are correct. I was shouting at the TV to get safeties back and call a time out. LaFleur should've called timeout to correct Pettine's mistake. Total coaching failure! Even if they don't have a timeout, you can always stop the clock with an emergency jumping off sides. Even with the coaching meltdown, King still deserves much of the blame for allowing a receiver to get behind him.

packers4lyfe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Had to go for it down by 8 with 2:09 remaining when you have Aaron $%ucking Rodgers and you're playing Tom $&%*ing Brady.

A field goal is passive and totally unacceptable. We all know this though.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Had to go for it down by 8 with 2:09 remaining when you have Aaron $%ucking Rodgers and you're playing Tom $&%*ing Brady.

I believe you need to listen to Rodgers breakdown of that choice on the Mcafee show. I'll trust his judgement and criticism in higher regard to most of us fans.

packers4lyfe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe you need to listen to Rodgers breakdown of that choice on the Mcafee show. I'll trust his judgement and criticism in higher regard to most of us fans.

Listen, I've been armchair quarterbacking for a few years now and let me tell you... ok you're right I'm not an authority.

But my gut tells me that one must be aggressive in this situation and go for glory. To play passive is a recipe to get beat in this situation. If one is down material in chess (points) you don't just play logically and hope the other guys screws up... you have to take the initiative, throw the kitchen sink at them and go for bust.

I'll listen to that audio and come back.

EDIT: Ok I listened to the full thing. I get it. The "what if" game for critics to have a field day with. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Either decision and your either a genius or hated. I still stand by my gut feeling and think that they gotta go for it and put it all on the line. My opinion. I totally get that it's basically a no win situation if it doesn't work either way.

Last edited:

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Go back and look at the tape again. IMO chances were pretty good Rodgers wouldn't have made it to the end zone. There were 2 defenders close by and another who would have come back from the end zone to tackle Rodgers so I don't mind the call. We were behind by 8. We basically had to score 2 TDs there just to tie the game. Our D wasn't playing that poorly then and if we could have induced a 3 and out we were only down by 5 after the FG. Then we can drive for a game winning TD but we couldn't get that 3 and out there and the Bucs ran out the clock.

IMO the bigger gaffe was going for 2 earlier in the game when we really didn't have to. Because of that we were chasing those 2 points the rest of the game.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Go back and look at the tape again. IMO chances were pretty good Rodgers wouldn't have made it to the end zone. There were 2 defenders close by and another who would have come back from the end zone to tackle Rodgers so I don't mind the call. We were behind by 8. We basically had to score 2 TDs there just to tie the game. Our D wasn't playing that poorly then and if we could have induced a 3 and out we were only down by 5 after the FG. Then we can drive for a game winning TD but we couldn't get that 3 and out there and the Bucs ran out the clock.

Problem is the Bucs had 10 drives to that point and we only forced a 3-and-out on one of those drives (one of the Jaire picks). Asking the D to do something they really hadn't shown they could do the entire game.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Problem is the Bucs had 10 drives to that point and we only forced a 3-and-out on one of those drives (one of the Jaire picks). Asking the D to do something they really hadn't shown they could do the entire game.

True, but IMO the game was in jeopardy well before our last possession. Let's suppose Rodgers scores and we convert the 2 pointer. Brady and friends still have more than a minute and a half to move the ball into FG range and end it all there.

D

Deleted member 6794

IMO the bigger gaffe was going for 2 earlier in the game when we really didn't have to. Because of that we were chasing those 2 points the rest of the game.

I was absolutely fine going for two at that point, EQ just has to catch the ball.

Members online

Latest posts