Nfccg duds

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers unfortunately gets a heft of the blame here. I get the oline wasn't great and whatnot, but not being able to convert on those 2 interceptions and going 3 and out, that is unacceptable. And if we're being honest Rodgers probably could've easily ran the ball in for the TD, and he missed a wide open Lazard earlier in the game. He's not the reason we lost, and that int was more on the refs if anything, but damn... This feels like 2014 all over again.

jhawk008

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not all of it is on the refs obviously, they had a HUGE part in it tho. Obvious hold on Lazard negates the INT and who knows if we drive and get into FG range (more importantly that atrocious end of the half play doesn't happen)

Another hold on Lazard after the Jaire pick extends the drive on 3rd down and finally we're able to move the chains. Who knows what happens then.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers unfortunately gets a heft of the blame here. I get the oline wasn't great and whatnot, but not being able to convert on those 2 interceptions and going 3 and out, that is unacceptable. And if we're being honest Rodgers probably could've easily ran the ball in for the TD, and he missed a wide open Lazard earlier in the game. He's not the reason we lost, and that int was more on the refs if anything, but damn... This feels like 2014 all over again.
The oline was a turnstile all day. Hard to convert when Rodgers had the defense in the backfield with him all day.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
True but championship teams need to focus on controlling what they can control

The Lazard interception was obviously holding but its done and over

The O just needed to focus on capitalizing on those J'aire interceptions and winning the game

Sometimes thats all you can do

Obviously that's all the team can do. They can't control the officiating.

But the officiating can affect the game. And they did-- to the tune of tipping it in TB's favor.

For instance, if they call holding on Lazard before the half, we go into Q3 at 14-10, 14-13, or even up 17-14.

Instead it was 21-10. That's a swing of anywhere from 7 to 14 points. That's massive!

And it's just one play. You can forgive one play. Refs aren't perfect. But they gave it to Tampa literally the entire game, and then nailed GB when it was literally the difference between losing or continuing the fight.

No one can tell me that wasn't the difference.

I'm more than happy to discuss failures on the part of coaches and players eventually. But all coaches and all players make mistakes in all games. The refs' job is to make it a level playing field so that the team who wins, deserves to win and vice versa. They absolutely failed in their jobs, they tilted the field, and they cost Green Bay a shot at a Super Bowl. So before anything else, I'm pointing the finger squarely at that.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great last games as Packers from Kevin King and Aaron Jones!

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Blame me guys... I put habanero wings in at half, ate a couple when the offense was moving the ball to my own detriment (these were insanely hot for me) then when I stopped the offense began to sputter.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And even if Lazard didn't get held, the pass was so far behind Lazard that it would have been picked anyway.
That's not the point. It was an egregious hold and should have been called. First down. Keep the drive going.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The oline was a turnstile all day. Hard to convert when Rodgers had the defense in the backfield with him all day.
Oh I agree, today we missed David Bakhtiari, but still there were plenty of chances. The missed throw to Adams, Lazard being open, him running it in, etc. It's not on him but he definitely gets a fair share of the blame.

jhawk008

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm sorry but no. Rodgers played great. He wasn't going to get that TD if he ran it, he would have gotten stopped at the 3 or gotten clobbered. JPP was chasing him, and there were 2 DBs right in front of him and one was already leaning towards the pylon in case Rodgers ran. Adams was the hot route and he kept pushing up field a lil too much instead of slowing down because there wasn't much room

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh I agree, today we missed David Bakhtiari, but still there were plenty of chances. The missed throw to Adams, Lazard being open, him running it in, etc. It's not on him but he definitely gets a fair share of the blame.
I think AR should have tried to run it in, but there was a safety on the goal line in the area. Not a sure thing.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: WR and RB especially Dillon.

Duds: DBs: but especially Toast King and Amos who didn't know their assignments or didn't cover. Any O-Lineman who got trucked by an 8 fingered man. Refs for putting Goodell's game fixing plan into practice. Goodell for allowing several of the calls to stand, and KNOWING he won't come out and hand this crew it's a**es.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Blame me guys... I put habanero wings in at half, ate a couple when the offense was moving the ball to my own detriment (these were insanely hot for me) then when I stopped the offense began to sputter.

I'm disappointed in you, obviously-- but knowing what happened does make this whole thing easier to accept.

GBowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers choked, pure and simple. Passed up open receivers, looking for the big one. And why didn’t he run that last one in? Could’ve at least made it far enough to go on 4th. He couldn’t finish a game early in his career and can’t now either. He’s focused on passing td stats and not on the W. And King, need I say more? I was called out for my criticism on him all year, but he was a liability for much of the game. Let’s hope this results in the firing of Pettine and Menenga. What a disgrace.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
duds- Lafleur, he got badly outcoached. Why did he leave King in when he was dreadful even before the game deciding play at the end of the second quarter.

King - Both TD 1 and 3 were his fault.

O line got manhandled.
D line had too many instances of no pass rush on critical 3rd downs.

Pettine- Nothing to add here.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Pettine experiment is over... We need Fangio if he's fired. Is there a linebacker coach for San Fran or something that we can steal?

King - gone. Should have been on the plane at half time.
Aaron Jones - let him test the market, I don't care.
Jamaal Williams - see above, but probably try keep one of these guys.
Kirksey - I don't care, but probably gone.
Tonyan - should be back. Hard to groom these guys, so he's a luxury we should try keep.
Big dog - sayonara. Thanks for the couple catches and blocking and leadership.
Corey Linsley - probably 50% chance he's back. He's 30 though.
Aaron Rodgers - 15% chance he retires. This will go up every offseason now. If I'm him, I'm eyeing AFC teams with upside and drafting early... Denver or Miami, and ask for a trade in 2022.

I think we have one more year with Aaron. Just my opinion, can't back that up.
Will have a massive hole at CB with no King. Maybe they use Jackson there if they don't take a CB.

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't necessarily say AR "choked" or had a "bad game" but he didn't play well enough to win for sure....

Again, those 2 J'aire interceptions you 110% HAVE TO GET POINTS off those

If that happened, this game wouldn't be close lol

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wagner really sucked!! So did J.K. Scott..especially on that first punt! Why oh why did they keep kicking it short every time on the kick off? Pettine needs to go asap..you supposedly had all the pieces you needed...pfft. Dline is weak..corners and their no coverage are awful..well except Jaire..ilbs..slow and ineffective .the defense was atrocious in the first half.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
So ... I would not give the refs the lion's share of the blame

Mike Pettine royally ****ed up before the half there and in the game in general ...

And LaFleur made a bad decision to kick the fg there after his defense had struggled a lot during the game.

But I have to agree that the refs do deserve about 25% of the blame because the Bucs corners were getting away with the same thing King did at the end. If you're going to make that call, at least be consistent about it.
I agree that was the pt refs decided in the end to be inconsistent, but King didn’t help with his stupid play today hope its the last he’ll be seen in a Packer jersey

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We can be favored by 2 touchdowns in next years NFCCG and I'll still fully believe we'll find a way to choke until we actually reach a Super Bowl. It's become synonymous with Packer football and Wisconsin sports in general. I let myself believe today that this was our turn -- that we would finally get it done and none of the past mattered. I truly believed we would win.

I won't believe again. They let us down -- again.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers - 15% chance he retires. This will go up every offseason now. If I'm him, I'm eyeing AFC teams with upside and drafting early... Denver or Miami, and ask for a trade in 2022.
You forget that we had a very good season. Can't imagine ARod wanting to leave. We have some thinking to do about contracts but we also have a draft and The Gute has done pretty well in drafts so far. imo

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You forget that we had a very good season. Can't imagine ARod wanting to leave. We have some thinking to do about contracts but we also have a draft and The Gute has done pretty well in drafts so far. imo

I"ll have to watch Rodgers press conference. During MLF's press conference they were saying Rodgers sounded like he's had enough of this crap.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts