• Yes

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • No

Votes: 31 86.1%

• Total voters

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Someone comes up with something incredibly stupid consistently or just complains about everything I just put them on ignore and move along. Makes chat and the forum more enjoyable.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
There are people that want to go, but can't stand the negativty. They shouldn't be missing out cuz of 3 or 4

I'm one who has decided not to moderate the shout-box during games because the excess of griping is no fun for me. When I was physically at games, people groaned from time to time about something bad, but they weren't griping non stop. They were into the game and cheering our boys on.

That's how I like to watch a game on TV, with those who are cheering the boys on. I was at a event with a bunch of church folks during the first Favre Super Bowl. There were so many of them busting on the Packers that I went home at half-time to watch the rest of the game.

Also; I don't mind missing out on the shout-box, because constantly reading things distracts me too much from the game as well.

Which reminds me. Please attempt to use the shout-box for in game discussion. Using the weekly game thread gets bogged down and requires more moderation.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are people that want to go, but can't stand the negativty. They shouldn't be missing out cuz of 3 or 4

So why don't those people simply use the ignore feature? Seriously? Is that not what all the moderators preach constantly when there is any kind of conflict? I know I am negative at times too, hell, at some point around 5 failed absolutely putrid drives where Aaron looked more like Connor Cook I said something about I was going to start considering him a bad quarterback if we lose another game playoff game in which he completely fails to show up. Which I would have stood by as let's face it, outside of the super bowl year, his playoff record sucks.

I was also the guy early on that was telling everyone to calm down as there was a lot of football left to play. However when posts like this are created and the moderators pile on, you all make it seem like no one is ever allowed to ever say anything negative at all. Hell, I am sitting here wondering if I am one of the unnamed people because I had a few minutes of worry, doubt and negativity when the offense was looking worse than they have dating all the way back to last year.

Anyway my point is why not use the ignore feature instead of whining about the whining and come to the shoutbox and enjoy the banter of other posters? I for one would be much more active in the shoutbox if the more moderate people would do the above.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One amusing thing I would like to mention, is that those fans that are really negative are the same fans who constantly ***** and moan about Troy Aikman and Joe Buck if they have the audacity to ever go against the Packers on any call or point out how badly they are playing when they are playing badly. Even though Troy Aikman is one of the most praising of the Packers commentators I have ever watched outside of packer specific commentators and John Madden.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One amusing thing I would like to mention, is that those fans that are really negative are the same fans who constantly ***** and moan about Troy Aikman and Joe Buck if they have the audacity to ever go against the Packers on any call or point out how badly they are playing when they are playing badly. Even though Troy Aikman is one of the most praising of the Packers commentators I have ever watched outside of packer specific commentators and John Madden.
I talked bad about aikman cause he is bias, hes against packers until he see the game is out of hand.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The shout box is unreadable. I go there just to see if I missed news on an injury. It is true if most in game threads though not just Packer ones.

However the defending of the chicken little and constantly negative fans is strange. No one said they couldn't be negative at times. Most of omus are at times. It is when all of your takes are negative. There a couple posters like that. I won't say names because people are sensitive today.

Also there have been some posts saying just enjoy the win and don't call people out. Do those people realize what this board would look like if the Packers lost. Do you think there would be even close to that amount of restraint. There is one thread about the negative fans.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How I look at it, If you ever played sports and was serious about it, emotions are apart of it. You dont know how people react to certain things some people type on a split second thoughts and some people are more calm and laid back. I was kicked out of chat last week for something i said but i have seen people say far worse things in chat then I ever would say, but somehow they got to stay in chat and i got kicked. Its not just the people but from my experience in the shoutbox ive been called a name by a mod and kicked by that same mod, but yet i see him on this post down talking what people are saying. I have no bad blood against anyone just dont call people out and your doing the same thing as a mod.

Last edited:

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
The shout box is unreadable. I go there just to see if I missed news on an injury. It is true if most in game threads though not just Packer ones.

However the defending of the chicken little and constantly negative fans is strange. No one said they couldn't be negative at times. Most of omus are at times. It is when all of your takes are negative. There a couple posters like that. I won't say names because people are sensitive today.

Also there have been some posts saying just enjoy the win and don't call people out. Do those people realize what this board would look like if the Packers lost. Do you think there would be even close to that amount of restraint. There is one thread about the negative fans.
Wonder how the Giants boards are holding up today? :)

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I talked bad about aikman cause he is bias, hes against packers until he see the game is out of hand.
You are definitely not watching the same football games as me Aikman is not to bias against the Packers he sings the praises of the Packers and Aaron Rodgers constantly except, except when the packers are playing poorly. I personally think that if there's any bias going on it's you against Troy Aikman forever being negative about the Packers.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How I look at it, If you ever played sports and was serious about it, emotions are apart of it. You dont how people react to certain things some people type on a split second thought and some people are more calm and laid back. I was kicked out of chat last week for something i said but i have seen people say far worse things in chat then I ever would say, but somehow they got to stay in chat and i got kicked. Its not just the people but from my experience in the shoutbox ive been called a name by a mod and kicked by that same mod, but yet i see him on this post down talking what people are saying. I have no bad blood against anyone just dont call people out and your doing the same thing as a mod.

Exactly. Just because you're a MOD don't think for one second I'm going to respect you if you don't respect me. I don't care what position you hold. There are a dozen Packers forums. I won't name names but I dont play that BS.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You are definitely not watching the same football games as me Aikman is not to bias against the Packers he sings the praises of the Packers and Aaron Rodgers constantly except, except when the packers are playing poorly. I personally think that if there's any bias going on it's you against Troy Aikman forever being negative about the Packers.
call me delusional then but aikman is not for packer games in my eyes lol.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man you think the things that said in chat hurt the players. Thats minor compared to what players hear on that field and in the locker room, and they see each other everyday lol.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
call me delusional then but aikman is not for packer games in my eyes lol.
Fair enough and you are certainly entitled to your own opinion I would not begrudge you that, However I would challenge you to truly listen to him sometime yes he is going to be negative when the packers are playing poorly yes sometimes he's not going to agree with a penalty call bot when things are going well he will sing their praises because they're doing stuff worthy of praise and he will at times agree with calls that go with the Packers way

Last edited:

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm sure it depends on which one you read, but I wondered this too and did some reading on Giants' forums last night. I was very surprised how stoic most of the people were and level-headed they were being in assessing why they lost. Maybe New Yorkers are mostly sad when they're drunk :laugh:

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I`m getting this off my chest, I DON`T CARE. How come, and we don`t actually KNOW what happens, do people call McCarthy everything under the sun for his bad play calling when it`s going wrong, but praise the QB to high heavens when it clicks ???. My point is who EXACTLY is calling the plays here ?
The game last night, point in fact. That 4th down call was unbelievably bad because it failed, but if it had worked, then probably would have been down to Rodgers genius. Aaron frustrates the hell out of me at times because he holds the ball so long, and if it doesn`t happen right, it`s down to the receivers not getting separation, or the line not holding long enough, or the pocket collapsing. When it works, it`s a thing of beauty, but not enough credit goes to the others involved in it, and he needs to stop trying to create what isn`t there. I`d sooner take 10 to 15 yard gains successfully rather than 40 or 50 yard gains 60% of the time.

I think people give more credit to Rodgers because many of the terrific, memorable plays happen when the offensive play call breaks down because Rodgers has bought time. When Rodgers is running around and giving the receivers 4+ seconds to get open, that's Rodgers doing a great job, not the play design. I don't think it's a coincidence that when Nelson got hurt the gameplan changed for the better; MM was forced to start calling different plays (far more slants and crosses). MM has a history of not adapting on game day when things aren't going well.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I think people give more credit to Rodgers because many of the terrific, memorable plays happen when the offensive play call breaks down because Rodgers has bought time. When Rodgers is running around and giving the receivers 4+ seconds to get open, that's Rodgers doing a great job, not the play design. I don't think it's a coincidence that when Nelson got hurt the gameplan changed for the better; MM was forced to start calling different plays (far more slants and crosses). MM has a history of not adapting on game day when things aren't going well.

But as I asked WHO actually calls the plays ? Didn`t MM hand that job over ? even briefly.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is no better feeling as a fan than screaming a battle cry when everyone is defeated. Run into the smokey firestorm, guns blazing, and come out the winner. Back up your team against all odds and they actually pull off the impossible!

I remember when they traded favre or got rid of him or whatever for Rodgers..... I was in a blackout rage for a week I bet. Then I decided this doesn't help. that the young QB needs his teams fans to embrace him or it will be a guaranteed failure... I come in with a clear mind and started watching closer. I already seen him get better every year. He had that comeback against the cowboys that we lost only because we ran out of time. His mobility turned that game around... As he started winning. as he started dropping 2/1TD/ints, then 3/1 then 4/1... I enjoyed the whole thing GREATLY!!!
Meanwhile years later you got people still hating TT. They missed the years of growing and Rodgers was winning superbowl and MVPs before they were forced to accept that it wasn't a bad decision way back then.......

Many missed the greatness because they were too busy *****ing about the old days.....

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I read one of the giants forums last night and i was laughing so hard, they want to fire everybody. They are talking so bad about obj i was like dammmnnnn lol. They're slitting wrist over there lol.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I read one of the giants forums last night and i was laughing so hard, they want to fire everybody. They are talking so bad about obj i was like dammmnnnn lol. They're slitting wrist over there lol.

You shouldn`t mock the afflicted......:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts