Rodgers Vs. Love-- A Packer Fan Poll

Which scenario would you choose?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually, now that I think about it, only someone who ignored games and looked at box scores would state that his accuracy isn't what it used to be...

When was the last time he threaded the needle to a receiver nobody else would even consider to be open? Once upon a time it was a regular occurrence. How many times in the last 3 seasons has he completely missed guys in the flat? Way too often. What about overthrowing guys downfield? It happens far more than it used to. And don't even get me started on his tunnel vision regarding Adams.

I get it, you made a really silly statement and now you feel you have to die on the "Aaron Rodgers isn't that good anymore" hill. I'm here to tell you, you don't! You can move to a different hill. It can still be a silly hill if you'd like but it doesn't have to be both silly AND absurd.

FAIL

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yet you think he wins a foot race with younger faster DB's with less ground to cover. you're talking out of both sides of your mouth.

Yes, that's how much space he had to get there. And just because he isn't as quick as he used to be doesn't mean he isn't quick enough. As for the DB in question, MVS was in position to make a block.

If his accuracy, zip and decision making hasn't suffered, then why did he throw it at Adams' feet when he was double-covered and not by any stretch, open? Sure, he might have made that throw 5 or 6 years ago, but he's not that guy anymore. And the decision-making criticism comes because MVS was a far better option 1-on-1 in the corner. But that's where his tunnel vision issues come in. It boggles the mind how people rationalize away all of his mistakes on that play. Hero-worship will do that.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When was the last time he threaded the needle to a receiver nobody else would even consider to be open? Once upon a time it was a regular occurrence. How many times in the last 3 seasons has he completely missed guys in the flat? Way too often. What about overthrowing guys downfield? It happens far more than it used to. And don't even get me started on his tunnel vision regarding Adams.

FAIL

You are firmly pushing your way into the race for biggest troll in the forum.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, that's how much space he had to get there. And just because he isn't as quick as he used to be doesn't mean he isn't quick enough. As for the DB in question, MVS was in position to make a block.

If his accuracy, zip and decision making hasn't suffered, then why did he throw it at Adams' feet when he was double-covered and not by any stretch, open? Sure, he might have made that throw 5 or 6 years ago, but he's not that guy anymore. And the decision-making criticism comes because MVS was a far better option 1-on-1 in the corner. But that's where his tunnel vision issues come in. It boggles the mind how people rationalize away all of his mistakes on that play. Hero-worship will do that.
sure thing LOL

There's 2 guys right at the goal line, besides the DB on MVS, and as soon as he commits to the run, the DB is going to between the QB and the WR with less ground to cover than the QB. and you throw it down low because that's where it's supposed to go in that situation. the higher up, the more opportunity to reach over the top and knock it down. Put it low, they can't other than to go thru you and that works in our benefit too.

If recognizing that neither the throw or the run were a sure thing and neither was the worst decision in the world is hero worship what do you call what you do?

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looking back on the play, I wish he would have ran it to the 3 yard line.

David Ciembronowicz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Read the thread before voting.

Ok, I am curious to see where Packer fans are at on this controversy if we strip away all of the rumors and unknowns.

So consider the following choices:

1) Rodgers signs an extension with the Packers that financially locks him in through the 2023 season. Jordan Love is traded for pick ~40 in the 2022 draft. No one is fired or reprimanded in the front office; there is merely agreement to give him a heads up regarding moves that will directly affect him on the field.

2) Rodgers is traded for a huge haul (multiple 1st round picks, additional day two picks, players) out of the NFC. A veteran QB is signed. The Jordan Love era begins, and the Packers have massive amounts of resources in 2022 and 2023 to build around him.

So ignoring all the rumors and the perceived diva behavior, forced firings, etc.-- essentially taking emotion out of it-- which of these two scenarios would you opt for if you could hypothetically pick and make it so.
Leaning towards #2 however, do not believe that Love is the answer for this team. Jumping up to get this guy in 2020 was based on ???? when most analysts had him 2nd round or 3rd. Understand, analysts are not necessarily right a lot however, the choice was questionable at best. His college stats were nothing to be excited about, especially his last year in school 20td/17 int, career 2: 1 td to int.. His escapability is questionable, running avg. 2.4 yrd/carry in 3 years. If you want to compare to when Rodgers came out; 43 td/13int; higher passer rating, about the same rushing stat. Bottom line, "Love era" not sure that will happen or at least not like Packer fans would hope.

Consider: Trade Rodgers and get the haul, bring in a useable QB either via the trade, in the trade for AR or FA for a year; draft another QB in 2022 or trade for a bridge veteran. In any case can you say "rebuild".....

Wonder what you would get for ARod and DAdams in trade as a bundle?

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Leaning towards #2 however, do not believe that Love is the answer for this team. Jumping up to get this guy in 2020 was based on ???? when most analysts had him 2nd round or 3rd. Understand, analysts are not necessarily right a lot however, the choice was questionable at best. His college stats were nothing to be excited about, especially his last year in school 20td/17 int, career 2: 1 td to int.. His escapability is questionable, running avg. 2.4 yrd/carry in 3 years. If you want to compare to when Rodgers came out; 43 td/13int; higher passer rating, about the same rushing stat. Bottom line, "Love era" not sure that will happen or at least not like Packer fans would hope.

Consider: Trade Rodgers and get the haul, bring in a useable QB either via the trade, in the trade for AR or FA for a year; draft another QB in 2022 or trade for a bridge veteran. In any case can you say "rebuild".....

Wonder what you would get for ARod and DAdams in trade as a bundle?

Most mainstream draft analysts had Jordan Love mocked/ranked/rated in the 1st round throughout the process, many in the top 10.

Reaction score
Jumping up to get this guy in 2020 was based on ???? when most analysts had him 2nd round or 3rd.
Where are you getting your information on those “Most” analysts??

I looked at a consensus board made up of a very large sample size of mock drafts. But mine show him merging as a later Day 1 selection(#24 overall) Which consensus type board are you using?

https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/big-boards/2020/consensus-big-board-2020?pos=QB

To be fair I looked for a few reputable draft and Walter C. bounced on him. He did have him as #56 overall. But I had a hard time finding anyone reputable beyond that area. You said most but I can’t find any grouping saying round 3
Just curious what your source is?

Last edited:

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score

FAIL
I think Rodgers was much better last year in his accuracy of throws, especially the long ball. It looked to me like he was content to slightly under throwing Scantling deep because he knew he could still get the long reception due to Scantling being able to get very open deep. I suspect his cleaned up mechanics had a good deal to do with that.

Reaction score
I think Rodgers was much better last year in his accuracy of throws, especially the long ball. It looked to me like he was content to slightly under throwing Scantling deep because he knew he could still get the long reception due to Scantling being able to get very open deep. I suspect his cleaned up mechanics had a good deal to do with that.
Pike what could be exciting is the timing that these WR now that they’ve got more work together (if Rodgers stays). It wasn’t long ago WR were not on the same page at all. I think that was a big source for Rodgers throwaways. He didn’t trust his Receivers to be where they should or their understanding of what to do in a scramble etc.. as much as an accuracy issue or lack of separation (he was used to tenured veterans like JJ and Jordy and Driver)
One thing I’ll say is MLF got that fixed quick. It appears his system has very concise route designations (think basketball plays or Karate forms) I think that’s also why MLF initially resisted changing plays on the fly. He allowed Rodgers to do that because of Aaron’s wealth of experience and ability to make a lightning fast diagnosis. That type responsibility (the last second audibles) could be the kiss of death for a young QB similar to Love or Hundley caliber.
One second can be the difference in a delay of game infraction

Last edited:

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sure thing LOL

There's 2 guys right at the goal line, besides the DB on MVS, and as soon as he commits to the run, the DB is going to between the QB and the WR with less ground to cover than the QB.

MVS was in prefect position to make a block on the play.

and you throw it down low because that's where it's supposed to go in that situation. the higher up, the more opportunity to reach over the top and knock it down. Put it low, they can't other than to go thru you and that works in our benefit too.

Sure, you throw it low, but NOT where it's un-catchable. The bigger issue is that he wasn't even close to open. And he could have beaten the two guys at the line, especially if he uses a pump-fake. The LOS was the 8 yard line. Those defenders all would have had to stay home until he crossed it and at that point if MVS even gets a piece of his man, Rodgers scores. But that wasn't even the best option. If Rodgers hadn't reverted to his tunnel vision he would have seen that he had a perfect chance to throw MVS open to the inside. I guess he just didn't "trust" MVS on that play.

If recognizing that neither the throw or the run were a sure thing and neither was the worst decision in the world is hero worship what do you call what you do?

There are those who think Rodgers is perfect in every way. I actually wasn't referring specifically to you.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So anyone who disagrees with you is a troll? You're the one who has descended in to childish ad hominems.

Nope just ppl that insist that accuracy is down despite him literally having the most accurate season of his career.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nope just ppl that insist that accuracy is down despite him literally having the most accurate season of his career.
I thought accuracy was down the two previous years. You cannot always see inaccuracy from the stats. Sometimes it is just consistently not hitting the receiver in a place that lets that receiver run with the ball. Could still be a completion. That happened to Rodgers a lot the two previous years. He said he changed his footwork and Wallah, he could throw again. :unsure:

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought accuracy was down the two previous years. You cannot always see inaccuracy from the stats. Sometimes it is just consistently not hitting the receiver in a place that lets that receiver run with the ball. Could still be a completion. That happened to Rodgers a lot the two previous years. He said he changed his footwork and Wallah, he could throw again. :unsure:

He was arguing that Rodgers accuracy is declining. His accuracy was a career high last year.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Accuracy is not something Rodgers struggles with. Does he make a bad throw sometimes, yeah, did Michael Jordan miss a layup sometimes, yeah he did.

The point is he does it better than just about everyone else in the history of the game and he's definitely not living off his reputation. Take a look at all his career ints, I'd bet a significant percentage were the fault of the wr. And he's already close to, if not the leader in career int %

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think either one of you actually read my post.

I did...I was more responding to the conversation in general.

As for the not hitting guys with the best opportunity for yac and not get injured..I get it but I don't think hes worse at that than any of the other current elite qbs

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Rodgers does more than enough to carry a receiving corps that, outside of Adams, is pretty terrible. Complaining that he doesn't hit Lazard perfectly in stride is a bit much.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers does more than enough to carry a receiving corps that, outside of Adams, is pretty terrible. Complaining that he doesn't hit Lazard perfectly in stride is a bit much.
I was talking about 2 and 3 years ago. I think not hitting a receiver crossing over the middle in stride is a big negative and not elite. So I want to see Rodgers back and I would like him to hit those receivers in stride. It's a big deal to me.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As for the not hitting guys with the best opportunity for yac and not get injured..
Not getting your receiver injured or just taking a huge hit is part it. The QB should be able to see if that is going to happen and then throw (or not throw) accordingly. But hitting an open man in stride makes for huge plays. It is certainly something I watch out for in a quarterback. Most times there is no excuse other than a bad pass. imho I'm not making a comment about Rodgers today. But two years ago most of those throws were slightly behind.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not getting your receiver injured or just taking a huge hit is part it. The QB should be able to see if that is going to happen and then throw (or not throw) accordingly. But hitting an open man in stride makes for huge plays. It is certainly something I watch out for in a quarterback. Most times there is no excuse other than a bad pass. imho I'm not making a comment about Rodgers today. But two years ago most of those throws were slightly behind.

I'm just saying I think you might be a tough grader

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just this question being asked ****** me off. Rodgers is a MVP. The packers leadership is blowing it, if we even have to ask this question. End of debate