The Adams Poll

What would you choose if you could go back and pick?

• Keep Adams

• Take the Deal

Results are only viewable after voting.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Adams and Rodgers weren't as close as some were led to believe. Adams was not part of Rodgers Friday Night Crew. Hurt feelings played a HUGE part in him leaving. Carr is his boy.

Reaction score
Thats exactly my point...obviously Rodgers is more talented than moat every qb in NFL history but even he is still at his best with a real supporting cast
Our team outlook is really strong right now. Our weakest link is WR and it’s about to turn to a relative strength. Depending on how quickly these newer additions get going, we get a few difference makers and several solid depth pieces across 4-5 positions? Watch out.
Also our new ST Coordinator could use some juice there on Day 3 and that’s a great place in Rounds 5-7

Last edited:

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our team outlook is really strong. Depending on how quickly these newer additions get acclimated. This could be one of the more talented teams we’ve seen since 2010
I think your statement is true on so many levels. Inexperienced offensive linemen have gotten their reps, and will be even better. Add in the return of those from injury (Bakh & Jenkins - hopefully both better than ever), Tonyan, and others who were nicked up towards the end of the season, and there's some definite experience. Add in four picks in the first two rounds, for guys who might just be able to add some additional help as the season rolls along. Changes obviously coming in special teams that are needed.

All of it points at what could be an impressive year ahead. No reason for doom and gloom. I'm looking forward to it.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
FTR Bakh is back, Jenkins won’t be for some time and Tonyan didn’t even see late in the year, believe he went down to what about six games in?

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
FTR Bakh is back, Jenkins won’t be for some time and Tonyan didn’t even see late in the year, believe he went down to what about six games in?
I figure Jenkins back sometime in November. About half a season. Tonyan, hopefully, will be ready by the time the season starts. He might be limited early, but he's going to be fine after about 3 or 4 games. Bakh should be ready to rock and roll when camp opens. We might even see both Jenkins and Tonyan hanging out on the sidelines and going through some of the lesser drills.

I've got my fingers crossed. It's like the cavalry coming over the hill to the rescue.

Well.... maybe not that dramatic but.... why not?

D

Deleted member 6794

Our weakest link is WR and it’s about to turn to a relative strength.

There's absolutely no way of knowing that at this point.

Tonyan was lost for the season in week 8 during the game at Arizona.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Adams has been dealt and has signed a 5 year, 141.25M deal (28.25M/season), making him the highest paid non-QB of all time.

The Packers received picks 22 and 53 in the upcoming draft as well as the cap relief of not having Adam on the tag or having to extend him.

Every indication is that the Packers themselves were willing and able to match the offer that Adams received, but he wanted to leave.

So with all of that understood, if you could wind back the clock and make the choice, would you take Adams at that price, or would you take the deal that Green Bay has received?

It's always difficult not to let biases influence these opinions (e.g. I am going to convince myself to like what the team did because that's the reality now, OR I am going to convince myself to hate what happened because I just love that player, etc.).
Green Bay will miss Adams.

Adams will miss #12 throwing him the ball with pinpoint accuracy.

But it's a new day for both parties - We'll see what those draft picks net.

Reaction score
Inexperienced offensive linemen have gotten their reps, and will be even better. Add in the return of those from injury (Bakh & Jenkins -
Huge losses last year. Not to mention no J’aire. That’s essentially 3 Pro Bowl level players that lost major production in 2021.
This was a significant loss last season. We should draft another TE Rounds 3-5 that excels at Receiving and have multiple choices this season Likely or Woods is my wish.
Add in four picks in the first two rounds Changes obviously coming in special teams that are needed.
That is significant firepower, especially in a draft top heavy at Edge and WR. What’s overlooked some is how important 22 is at WR. Considering there’s about 4 teams in between our Day 1 selections with WR towards the top of their lists
There's absolutely no way of knowing that at this point.
have Faith my friend! you’re probably looking singularly at WR and in a funnel we should all be speculative.
On the global look, I think people have underestimated (in general) what a great HC + QB combo we have and how they can adjust our playbook to spread out the passing targets.
The only significant loss is Adams off the menu. Yes, He was our Prime Rib. That said we’re about to offer a wonderful Packer PorterHouse and a Country Ribeye cooked to perfection.

MVS? He was an A La Carte item and EQ was just leftover grizzle.

I’d take Sammy + 2 more draft studs + $21-24M leftover to spend. That got us Rasul+Tonyan+Campbell+Reed resigned.

Imagine for a second cutting all those players and losing Sammy and #22 + #53 (I’ll fill in those names this Friday!)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

have Faith my friend! you’re probably looking singularly at WR and in a funnel we should all be speculative.
On the global look, I think people have underestimated (in general) what a great HC + QB combo we have and how they can adjust our playbook to spread out the passing targets.
The only significant loss is Adams off the menu. Yes, He was our Prime Rib. That said we’re about to offer a wonderful Packer PorterHouse and a Country Ribeye cooked to perfection.

MVS? He was an A La Carte item and EQ was just leftover grizzle.

I’d take Sammy + 2 more draft studs + $21-24M leftover to spend. That got us Rasul+Tonyan+Campbell+Reed resigned.

Imagine for a second cutting all those players and losing Sammy and #22 + #53 (I’ll fill in those names this Friday!)

I fully expect Gutekunst to address the wide receiver position in this week's draft but I have done that in the past as well with the front office going in a different direction. Therefore there's no knowing if the WR corps will turn into a relative strength like you proclaimed.

In addition I truly believe that a lot of fans underestimate the impact of losing Adams will have on the offense. While MVS was too inconsistent for most of his tenure with the Packers opponents had to adjust their coverages based on his speed. At this point there's no doubt the receiving corps is in dire need of an upgrade even with Watkins having been signed.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Packers gave up Davante Adams and pick #59.

Packers received Quay Walker, Christian Watson, and (on average) 20M in cap space flexibility over the next three seasons, some of which they've used on Rasul Douglas, Sammy Watkins, and Jarran Reed.

Reaction score
Packers gave up Davante Adams and pick #59.

Packers received Quay Walker, Christian Watson, and (on average) 20M in cap space flexibility over the next three seasons, some of which they've used on Rasul Douglas, Sammy Watkins, and Jarran Reed.
Exactly.
We might take 1/2 step backwards in the passing game this season. But imo I Think we take a 1/2 step forward running the ball. Plus another 1/2 step forward Defensively. Add a + on ST and we are a better football team than 2021 and we may not be fully done adding pieces.

This is bold.
But last year felt like 1995/2009. Really Good team on the rise.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts