Carl

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Lmao, going over the chat..

When Giants scored after the failed 4th down, people saying game over.. There's our classic Def... Good game... Rename to Eli field..

I could name all of you, but this is proof to shut up and have faith..

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lmao, going over the chat..

When Giants scored after the failed 4th down, people saying game over.. There's our classic Def... Good game... Rename to Eli field..

I could name all of you, but this is proof to shut up and have faith..

it's an emotional game, broham
take it easy

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I`m getting this off my chest, I DON`T CARE. How come, and we don`t actually KNOW what happens, do people call McCarthy everything under the sun for his bad play calling when it`s going wrong, but praise the QB to high heavens when it clicks ???. My point is who EXACTLY is calling the plays here ?
The game last night, point in fact. That 4th down call was unbelievably bad because it failed, but if it had worked, then probably would have been down to Rodgers genius. Aaron frustrates the hell out of me at times because he holds the ball so long, and if it doesn`t happen right, it`s down to the receivers not getting separation, or the line not holding long enough, or the pocket collapsing. When it works, it`s a thing of beauty, but not enough credit goes to the others involved in it, and he needs to stop trying to create what isn`t there. I`d sooner take 10 to 15 yard gains successfully rather than 40 or 50 yard gains 60% of the time.

Royal Pain

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I`m getting this off my chest, I DON`T CARE. How come, and we don`t actually KNOW what happens, do people call McCarthy everything under the sun for his bad play calling when it`s going wrong, but praise the QB to high heavens when it clicks ???. My point is who EXACTLY is calling the plays here ?
The game last night, point in fact. That 4th down call was unbelievably bad because it failed, but if it had worked, then probably would have been down to Rodgers genius. Aaron frustrates the hell out of me at times because he holds the ball so long, and if it doesn`t happen right, it`s down to the receivers not getting separation, or the line not holding long enough, or the pocket collapsing. When it works, it`s a thing of beauty, but not enough credit goes to the others involved in it, and he needs to stop trying to create what isn`t there. I`d sooner take 10 to 15 yard gains successfully rather than 40 or 50 yard gains 60% of the time.

Not sure why you would think Rodgers would get the credit if Montgomery had gained the 1st down on that play. Most, including Aaron himself, agreed he didn't play well for most of the first half last night. And when things do go well he usually deflects the credit to his teammates.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
take it easy

Why does longtime need to take it easy? He is pointing out things fans actually said during a game that turned into a blowout. There are certain fans here who only seem to post when the Packers look bad or only post negative things in general.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was less than 1. I think about half a yard. So, it pretty much was inches. ~18 of them.

And, if you noticed, Rip was supposed to be the lead block, but ended up getting steam rolled which resulted in Monty going nowhere. Rip did not even get to the LOS.

So, your comment that it would only be smart to run the ball with Rip on 4th and inches would have failed, too.

Additionally, the followup Giant's TD would have been a TD had the Packers failed on 4th and inches from the Giant's 40 as well. Hell, it would have been a TD if the receiver had to run 90 yards for the score. Haha bit on the cross route underneath which left the CB with no over top support.
But Rodell can complain more this way, duh! So all things considered, this play couldn't have gone much more perfectly for him

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
take it easy
why do people think it's an excuse to have no control of their own emotions? nobody in chat is being punched in the mouth, hit from behind, and put in maximal effort on every play to beat another man. They're sitting on a computer. it's ok to feel displeasure, angst, disappointment, but when week after week, day after day that leads one to erupt in completely irrational knee jerk outbursts, maybe they should learn a little bit of self control? Possibly?

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
why do people think it's an excuse to have no control of their own emotions? nobody in chat is being punched in the mouth, hit from behind, and put in maximal effort on every play to beat another man. They're sitting on a computer. it's ok to feel displeasure, angst, disappointment, but when week after week, day after day that leads one to erupt in completely irrational knee jerk outbursts, maybe they should learn a little bit of self control? Possibly?
I think you're asking for too much here Mondio. The chatbox is where people go to publicly meltdown.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score

there are a very small minority of users that use the forum and shoutbox only for negativity and everyone already knows who they are. the rest use it to vent frustration. there's no need to "call them all out by name" after a big win. you complain about negativity in chat. i'll complain about people who always need to turn something good against the fans that aren't "good enough fans" or didn't "keep the faith" as the initial post said.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
it happens pretty much every game
people get emotional and say dumb things
I know, it's been this way for 2 years...1st of 1st q of 2014 game vs Seattle in Seattle, poster says this isn't a playoff team.. I bet him they would be and he lost.

Thinking maybe if calling them out, might make them stop and wait till near end of game?

there are a very small minority of users that use the forum and shoutbox only for negativity and everyone already knows who they are. the rest use it to vent frustration. there's no need to "call them all out by name" after a big win. you complain about negativity in chat. i'll complain about people who always need to turn something good against the fans that aren't "good enough fans" or didn't "keep the faith" as the initial post said.

So a few get to ruin it for the other 20 or so there?

I have had posters say I don't come to chat cuz of the "few" ruin it for them.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know, it's been this way for 2 years...1st of 1st q of 2014 game vs Seattle in Seattle, poster says this isn't a playoff team.. I bet him they would be and he lost.

Thinking maybe if calling them out, might make them stop and wait till near end of game?

So you feel better now? I like how you felt the need to try to take a shot at me on the cool.. and try to call me out about something that wasn't even from this year!! Idc who you are, or what position you hold in this forum but that was a chump move. I enjoy the forum...and the posters here. Everyone is entitled to post whatever they want! At the end of the day none of us know each other personally! But don't ever single me out again! You've done it more than once! If you have a problem with me or what I have to say use the ignore feature...or be a man! I've seen a couple other posters mention being displeased by who they felt are negative in the chat...but unlike you they chose not to single people out! You call yourself a "Supermoderator"!...act like one!!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
So you feel better now? I like how you felt the need to try to take a shot at me on the cool.. and try to call me out about something that wasn't even from this year!! Idc who you are, or what position you hold in this forum but that was a chump move. I enjoy the forum...and the posters here. Everyone is entitled to post whatever they want! At the end of the day none of us know each other personally! But don't ever single me out again! You've done it more than once! If you have a problem with me or what I have to say use the ignore feature...or be a man! I've seen a couple other posters mention being displeased by who they felt are negative in the chat...but unlike you they chose not to single people out! You call yourself a "Supermoderator"!...act like one!!

Others call u out lol.. I saw it yesterday..

I have done it for years now, and I'm not a man?

LOL! I'll call you out when I feel the need.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score

so what if they do? shoutbox is just people BSing about football. the game is what matters. we won it. maybe we could focus on celebrating that as a fanbase rather than trying to section out the people that aren't "good enough" fans.

but this is off-topic. i don't want to derail the thread. just my 2 cents. now focus on the win!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why not? I'd say it's the majority of the chat, though I haven't been in there during games in a long time, mostly because it was ridiculous to spend any time there reading the ivcerreaxtuons to everything.

Anyway, it's not about being a good enough fan or attaining some level of fandom, it's about achieving perspective and realize the game is bigger than a single player on a single play based on a single play call. But you'd never know it by looking at the chat. On every play someone is getting cut, coaches are being fired and our season has ended 475,789 times already this year in there.

Why is it you feel the need to berate the players and staff with impunity for doing things you think are stupid, yet don't feel you can be called out for doing the same? There's a difference between not liking a play call, and calling for MM's job whenever one doesn't work.

Self control, it's a thing, and it's useful

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Why is it you feel the need to berate the players and staff with impunity for doing things you think are stupid, yet don't feel you can be called out for doing the same? There's a difference between not liking a play call, and calling for MM's job whenever one doesn't work.

Self control, it's a thing, and it's useful

That is well said and best way to describe the issue

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is well said and best way to describe the issue

I understand your side of the "issue," but from my perspective your negativity about the fans is no different than negativity about the players, staff, or game. It's just layering, imo. That's all I'm saying. We won a big game. Let's focus on that. I mean you're talking about naming fans that were negative during the game. Why not take it a step further and name fans negative about fans after the game? :roflmao: It's all the same to me. It's negative distraction from an awesome result on the field.

And I'll add that admittedly, I was in shout for like 1 minute during the game. Maybe it got a lotttt worst than normal last night. I don't know. No way am I digging in the archives for that lol.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I understand your side of the "issue," but from my perspective your negativity about the fans is no different than negativity about the players, staff, or game. It's just layering, imo. That's all I'm saying. We won a big game. Let's focus on that. I mean you're talking about naming fans that were negative during the game. Why not take it a step further and name fans negative about fans after the game? :roflmao: It's all the same to me. It's negative distraction from an awesome result on the field.

And I'll add that admittedly, I was in shout for like 1 minute during the game. Maybe it got a lotttt worst than normal last night. I don't know. No way am I digging in the archives for that lol.
What most of us is talking about is getting lost I think?

1st 10 mins of any game, we have a hand full stating , game is over, we suck. Back our bags.

Yesterday right b4 half.. Let's fire Mm and get Harbaugh to sign at half time.

Even if game is tied at any point.. One bad play happens, game is over, we suck why is MM still coach..

Can the game play out b4 throwing in the towel? That's the issue

Not that people can't complain, but why not and see if it's warranted?

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is not hard. If you don't like it.... dont go there. See how easy that was?

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That 4th down call was unbelievably bad because it failed, but if it had worked, then probably would have been down to Rodgers genius.

I think you got it the way around. That 4th down call failed because it was bad. Not the run, but the decision to go through the middle. It was the most obvious thing we could have done and the Giants were prepared for it.

Aaron frustrates the hell out of me at times because he holds the ball so long, and if it doesn`t happen right, it`s down to the receivers not getting separation, or the line not holding long enough, or the pocket collapsing. When it works, it`s a thing of beauty, but not enough credit goes to the others involved in it, and he needs to stop trying to create what isn`t there. I`d sooner take 10 to 15 yard gains successfully rather than 40 or 50 yard gains 60% of the time.

Yeah, this is true. Rodgers mostly goes for the long one over a short lob to a TE. I think Cook should change that dynamic once AR gets comfortable with him...but let's see. It's just another strategy. I can't say short is right or long is wrong...but then AR is the best out there and we need to trust his judgement over this.

broguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hell, we had people starting threads about how this team was like an old dog that needed to be put down - and that was in the midst of a 4-game winning streak. So I'm not surprised when people are ready to abandon ship when things look a little dicey during the game.

And this isn't a knock on anyone. Most of us have an extremely emotional investment in the Packers that can cause some very reactionary hot takes. But, we've all been watching long enough to know that there are ebbs and flows within games and seasons, and it's probably best to hold off on proclaiming the sky is falling until we at least get to the second quarter ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts