Negative fans be booted during games in chat

• Yes

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • No

Votes: 31 86.1%

• Total voters
I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I'm confused. MM calls the plays. He handed the duties over briefly to the scapegoat Campen and then took back playcalling, which didn't help the offense appreciably (I think the Packers had one good game against a terrible Lions defense and then proceeded to look terrible on offense again).

I`m confused too....lol I thought I read somewhere that Rodgers was calling plays at the LOS ?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I'm confused. MM calls the plays. He handed the duties over briefly to the scapegoat Campen and then took back playcalling, which didn't help the offense appreciably (I think the Packers had one good game against a terrible Lions defense and then proceeded to look terrible on offense again).

It was Tom Clements (last year) that was doing the play calling prior to MM taking back the duties. Campen is the OL coach.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are people that want to go, but can't stand the negativty. They shouldn't be missing out cuz of 3 or 4
I'm one of them. I did the shoutbox twice while watching the game alone a few years ago. Never again. There's a difference between critical discussions and pure negativity. I don't like being around negative people in general, because they are a drag. It's not fun to chat online just to see everyone screaming that the sky is falling everytime something bad happens.

My two cents.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have a question about the ignore feature. I have never used it because it never really seems to work but maybe on this forum it is different.

Say I put person A on ignore. None of their posts show up but all of the quotes and replies to his posts from other members show up so it kind of defeats the purpose and it makes it worse because you are only getting one side of the argument. It also confuses and messes up the continuity of the threads. In some of them it makes it unreadable. I have just tried to train myself to look at who made the post before I read it, it was hard to do at first because my natural instinct was just to read each post without regard to who wrote it and only look at the author if it contained something that really caught my eye, either positive or negative or particularly insightful.

So, if a person I have on ignore starts a thread will that thread show up? Will it show up only with other members posts. A couple of forums I am on I do have certain people on ignore but their threads show up and I just can't read what they wrote. In those cases I have them on ignore because the post dozens of threads that are irrelevant to me but they still show up in the search and fill the page. Its a useless feature in those cases.

I

I have a question about the ignore feature. I have never used it because it never really seems to work but maybe on this forum it is different.

Say I put person A on ignore. None of their posts show up but all of the quotes and replies to his posts from other members show up so it kind of defeats the purpose and it makes it worse because you are only getting one side of the argument. It also confuses and messes up the continuity of the threads. In some of them it makes it unreadable. I have just tried to train myself to look at who made the post before I read it, it was hard to do at first because my natural instinct was just to read each post without regard to who wrote it and only look at the author if it contained something that really caught my eye, either positive or negative or particularly insightful.

So, if a person I have on ignore starts a thread will that thread show up? Will it show up only with other members posts. A couple of forums I am on I do have certain people on ignore but their threads show up and I just can't read what they wrote. In those cases I have them on ignore because the post dozens of threads that are irrelevant to me but they still show up in the search and fill the page. Its a useless feature in those cases.

Can`t please some people....lol

I

If a person you are ignoring posts something, it will tell you that you are ignoring that person and you won`t see what they wrote. You have an option to click the message, and see it in full. As you are an adult, the choice is yours if you read it.
Definitely a useful feature though, and it stops arguments getting out of hand.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
...and if the last person who posts in any given thread is on your "Ignore" list, it will say "Ignored Member" is the last poster.

Sometimes, I get down ... But I look for Carl, and my frown gets turned upside down. I got a little sh***y with a fellow poster yesterday ... and for that I apologize.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I believe you're right, LT. As I recall, that is how I did it. I also think that I had to log out and log back in before things took effect.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Breaking news..

Earth goes around the sun..

This may upset some that think the earth revolves around them

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
If a person you are ignoring posts something, it will tell you that you are ignoring that person and you won`t see what they wrote. You have an option to click the message, and see it in full. As you are an adult, the choice is yours if you read it.
Definitely a useful feature though, and it stops arguments getting out of hand.

What did Buggy write? I cant see it! :confused:

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I read one of the giants forums last night and i was laughing so hard, they want to fire everybody. They are talking so bad about obj i was like dammmnnnn lol. They're slitting wrist over there lol.
Which board? I've always taken perverse pleasure in seeing other team's fanbases in meltdown mode. Great entertainment.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe its because I spent 24 years in the Army but I enjoy listening to some truly creative sardonic *****ing... it's when the *****in stops that you really need to take heed

MadCat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I read one of the giants forums last night and i was laughing so hard, they want to fire everybody. They are talking so bad about obj i was like dammmnnnn lol. They're slitting wrist over there lol.
I think I read the same one (couldn't resist). LOL is right! The pages from hail mary time... Oh boy!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm one of them. I did the shoutbox twice while watching the game alone a few years ago. Never again. There's a difference between critical discussions and pure negativity. I don't like being around negative people in general, because they are a drag. It's not fun to chat online just to see everyone screaming that the sky is falling everytime something bad happens.

My two cents.
You and ones with your opinion is why I feel strongly on this.

When it's in chat it affects more than one person. Why should 3 or 4 be allowed to affect half of chat and stop others from participation?

Some say use ignore, okay true, but why should some one be told what to do in this instance? We tell posters to ignore when there is a dispute in a normal thread convo. This is mostly to stop any arguments that can occur may spill over into other threads

Based on principle, the 3 or 4 that are the issues are controlling what happens and in my eye, that is similar to bully behavior.

use superior strength or influence to intimidate (someone), typically to force him or her to do what one wants.

It maybe a stretch but I have seen this 1st hand today.. I will do what I want and you can't tell me what to do

I know some of you will laugh at me or tell me I am over reacting, but no one can tell me or others how to handle this or how to feel.

Last edited:

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's not easy being a moderator on any forum. I appreciate all that you guys do, and all the arrows you take for the rest of us.

Thank you

Members online

Latest posts