MM signs new contract

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sure the majority on here would be even less thrilled if it was Dom Capers.
If/when we find out that he will still be with us, post that and sit back and watch with a bowl of popcorn.

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In his 9 seasons he has lead us to the playoffs 6 times, we have 4 NFC North championships, 1 NFC Championship and a Super Bowl title and still have an incredibly talented team, especially on offense. I like Coach McCarthy and that type of success should bring extended contracts.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Broken record, dead horse, whatever, but (1) what happens to that resume without AR and (2) incredibly talented only (not especially) on offense, and even that's only the skill positions.

DaveRoller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In his 9 seasons he has lead us to the playoffs 6 times, we have 4 NFC North championships, 1 NFC Championship and a Super Bowl title and still have an incredibly talented team, especially on offense. I like Coach McCarthy and that type of success should bring extended contracts.

Does anyone else know if Dom Capers was also extended so that he will be the defensive coordinator through 2018 as well?

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Broken record, dead horse, whatever, but (1) what happens to that resume without AR and (2) incredibly talented only (not especially) on offense, and even that's only the skill positions.

I just don't know how MM can be dismissed so easily like this. It's just a giant leap. What makes you really believe that without MM Rodgers wouldn't be Jay Cutler?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does anyone else know if Dom Capers was also extended so that he will be the defensive coordinator through 2018 as well?
I hope so. He is the best we got.
And anyone who disagrees, go ahead and send in your resume' to the Packers office.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Never had an issue with him as a HC just his lack of sometimes not being able to adjust or just to stubborn to adjust. Wonder what his record would be if he and Fran would have taken Rodgers and Green Bay took Alex Smith before he got hired here.

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Never had an issue with him as a HC just his lack of sometimes not being able to adjust or just to stubborn to adjust. Wonder what his record would be if he and Fran would have taken Rodgers and Green Bay took Alex Smith before he got hired here.

Rodgers would be winning games for KC now. :laugh:

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you don't like MM sticking around, you have no idea what good in the NFL is and/or have ridiculously high expectations.

Ridiculously high might seem a bit heavy, but you're certainly on the right track. Not much point in playing if you're not trying to be the best.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope so. He is the best we got.
And anyone who disagrees, go ahead and send in your resume' to the Packers office.

If Capers sent in his resume under an assumed name, would he get hired? Remember, he's applying for defensive coordinator, so it's only that part of the team that counts.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just don't know how MM can be dismissed so easily like this. It's just a giant leap. What makes you really believe that without MM Rodgers wouldn't be Jay Cutler?

I would think that what's between the ears of both QBs would still be there, but let's give you the benefit of the doubt. The point was not supposed to be what would AR be without MM but the reverse.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would think that what's between the ears of both QBs would still be there, but let's give you the benefit of the doubt. The point was not supposed to be what would AR be without MM but the reverse.

I know that was your point. My point is that your point could be questioned. I tend to think MM did play a major role in Rodgers development.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im extremely happy with it. McCarthy is one of the best offensive minds in all of Football.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philbin had a lot to do with making Aaron rodgers the qb he is. He's also doing a damn good job with Ryan Tannehill in Miami

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I for one am proud of the fact that we have held onto a coach for this many years and continue to have the success we do. Does anyone know what current head coach has been with their franchise the longest? Yes, over 9 years he has made some questionable decisions, but 9 seasons equals to 144 games (at the end of this regular season) NOT including the postseason. What coach hasn't made questionable calls in 144 games? I'm very happy with McCarthy and glad they could get this done before the second half of our season.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Are you kidding? What happens to ANY coach when you remove the talent from the team? What a silly question.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
If Capers sent in his resume under an assumed name, would he get hired? Remember, he's applying for defensive coordinator, so it's only that part of the team that counts.
If/when we part ways with Dom Capers, he will immediately be signed by another team. He is one of the great defensive minds in the NFL. You cannot be a dominant defense without players that can execute. We are a good nose tackle and a DE from being that dominant Defense. I am frankly surprised he hasn't been given another HC job.

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you kidding? What happens to ANY coach when you remove the talent from the team? What a silly question.

I've read a few places where people were critical because when Rodgers went down, we lost. What team's star QB goes down and they continue their winning ways? Much less still get into the playoffs. I think McCarthy really handled that entire situation very well.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Philbin had a lot to do with making Aaron rodgers the qb he is. He's also doing a damn good job with Ryan Tannehill in Miami
More MM than Philbin. MM loves developing QB's. He runs a QB school every year before OTA's. I'm not sure Rodgers is the player he is today without MM. He would defiantly be a talented QB but would he be Arodge.

Members online

Latest posts