LeRoy Butler analyzes Packers-Vikings game

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Q. Ryan Grant seems to be a good fit for what the Packers are doing. The rest of the league is still figuring out who he is and doesn't have a feel for him yet. What are some of the things he's going to face as time goes on and defenses get a feel for what he does best?

A. It won't be as easy it was for him. Teams will start to key on him in certain situations and also they'll try to limit his access on free runs. But how McCarthy can help him and continue to help him is the same run formations he runs the ball out of, those are the same formations he throws out of. The Packers they chart their own tendencies real well. They (opponents) will say when they're in I-back they're running to the right. Well, Brett will go back and audible and run the ball right, but he'll pull the ball and throw it deep. Teams can't just key on, when Grant's in there they're going to run the ball. The plays they're running are perimeter plays and that's what he's very good at. He's been showing pretty good athletic ability. The guy breaks a lot of tackles. Pretty soon they're going to rotate a safety down for an eight-man front because that's what the Packers want, man-to-man on their outside receivers, although 85 (Greg Jennings) has to hang onto the ball. I'm a little bit worried about his drops right now.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Butler's last comment is the one that sticks with me. I've been concerned about Jennings' drops as well. It seems like lately he has dropped two passes in the earlygoing before getting on track.

Fan4Life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I also think his QB may be throwing a little too hard at the beginning of games...

Members online

Latest posts