lack of penalty against the vikings

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that's the point. You mean to tell me the Vikings played a perfect game until late in the second half? Yeah, ********.

The reason our pass rush didn't work wasn't for a lack of trying. It's because we realized early on that the Vikes simply weren't going to be called for the repeated holding and facemask calls made against our rushers.

Yeah, so what. That still doesn't make it even. So we got away with three calls. We still got jobbed. You got away with at least 6 holds, 2 fasemasks and a hand full of false starts.

I'm not arguing that we deserved the loss. We got outplayed hands down. But the officiating was far from balanced and made a tough game on the road even tougher than it should have been.

Thats my point. The refs were not a big enough factor to change the result of the game, so I don't see the argument here. And the non calls that I pointed out were just a few that I saw, I'm sure there were more.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thats my point. The refs were not a big enough factor to change the result of the game, so I don't see the argument here. And the non calls that I pointed out were just a few that I saw, I'm sure there were more.

Not to mention the fact that the NFL's head of officiating Mike Piererra would never stand for intentionally biased officiating, or bad officiating for that matter. That guys is stupendous in his role and rarely does he ever fail to explain perfectly well why a call went a certain way.

Moreover, I heard NO EXPERTS mention anything about "poor" officiating for the Pack/Vikes game, so that really should tell the lunkheads out yonder something.

I used to play the "poor officiating" card repeatedly as a child, but when I was no longer a child, I put away child-like thinking. It appears character and integrity are a thing of the past.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not to mention the fact that the NFL's head of officiating Mike Piererra would never stand for intentionally biased officiating, or bad officiating for that matter. That guys is stupendous in his role and rarely does he ever fail to explain perfectly well why a call went a certain way.

Moreover, I heard NO EXPERTS mention anything about "poor" officiating for the Pack/Vikes game, so that really should tell the lunkheads out yonder something.

I used to play the "poor officiating" card repeatedly as a child, but when I was no longer a child, I put away child-like thinking. It appears character and integrity are a thing of the past.
Wow. Now you're offending people? Because they don't agree with your point? And here I thought we all could have a rational argument...

Don't come talking about integrity when you purposely leave a paragraph of wikipedia about TT's good achievements in Seattle, but in the same post you paste the one that talks about his flaws.

nflfan01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't like it, nor do I agree with it.

Let's say Lee holds on to the pass for a TD. That changes the dynamics of the game. Green Bay was moving the ball at will - only had to punt ONE time (not including the safety punt) - they were killing Minny thru the air.

I am saying that Green Bay is obviously a much more dominant passing offense than Minnesota. It's actually kinda interesting - everything Green Bay does well (pass the ball, secondary), Minnesota sucks at.

Did you happen to catch any of the replays of the Minnesota offense when they were passing? Brett had to be COMPLETELY accurate on every throw because his receivers were covered like blankets. Conversely, when Rodgers was throwing, there was ALWAYS an open receiver - the problem was that he didn't get time to throw to them.

I think it's safe to say that based on the final statistics, Green Bay could really man-handle Minnesota at Lambeau - even with poor officiating.

This is by far the funniest post I've read in a long, long time. I'll favourite this page and enjoy a good laugh when we win at Lambeau in week 8.

Thanks a lot man, I owe you one. :happy0005:

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Garbage yards against a prevent defense in the fourth. Yippee. Think of it this way you had a guy who threw for 400 yards and you still lost by 7.LOL

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hilarious as you look into your cyrstal ball because the rest of america predicted The Vikings to win except for wisconsin with the poll on espn monday night. The posters on here predicted victory monday and you lost. You are predicting victory in game 2 that is over a month away and to tell you the truth I think it will be a winnable game for both squads.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is by far the funniest post I've read in a long, long time. I'll favourite this page and enjoy a good laugh when we win at Lambeau in week 8.

Thanks a lot man, I owe you one. :happy0005:

Don't shoot the messenger, old boy. You watched the same game I did and if you feel confident in a Minnesota victory at Lambeau, you're either a homer or delusional.

Remember, I've really got no horse in the race this year because I am equally satisfied with a Packers Super Bowl victory or a Minny Super Bowl victory. So, I am tackling both sides of the issue with objectivity and honesty. Both teams are FAR from bulletproof.

If you take a look at the final stats, Green Bay took it to Minnesota in every category except sacks and turnovers. Road teams usually struggle in both these statistics.

I am confident that Green Bay will win at Lambeau based on the final stats. Sure, the same storyline could unfold at Lambeau, but I wouldn't bet on it. These teams historically split the season series and because Minnesota is not head-n-shoulders above Green Bay, I see no reason that pattern will not continue in 2009.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hilarious as you look into your cyrstal ball because the rest of america predicted The Vikings to win except for wisconsin with the poll on espn monday night. The posters on here predicted victory monday and you lost. You are predicting victory in game 2 that is over a month away and to tell you the truth I think it will be a winnable game for both squads.

See my post above ...

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't shoot the messenger, old boy. You watched the same game I did and if you feel confident in a Minnesota victory at Lambeau, you're either a homer or delusional.

Remember, I've really got no horse in the race this year because I am equally satisfied with a Packers Super Bowl victory or a Minny Super Bowl victory. So, I am tackling both sides of the issue with objectivity and honesty. Both teams are FAR from bulletproof.

If you take a look at the final stats, Green Bay took it to Minnesota in every category except sacks and turnovers. Road teams usually struggle in both these statistics.

I am confident that Green Bay will win at Lambeau based on the final stats. Sure, the same storyline could unfold at Lambeau, but I wouldn't bet on it. These teams historically split the season series and because Minnesota is not head-n-shoulders above Green Bay, I see no reason that pattern will not continue in 2009.
You forgot the final stat and the most important Stat. Vikings win by 7 smart guy. A fluke strip for a TD and the rest of america saw the Packers get destroyed. You do crack me up with stat talk though. The Pack got punked on national TV and are now 2 games back already in this young season:happy0005:

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Garbage yards against a prevent defense in the fourth. Yippee. Think of it this way you had a guy who threw for 400 yards and you still lost by 7.LOL
In Chicago they are saying Cutler threw 4 pics and only lost by 6 to the pack so they feel confident in beating up on the Pack at their place:jester:lol

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You forgot the final stat and the most important Stat. Vikings win by 7 smart guy. A fluke strip for a TD and the rest of america saw the Packers get destroyed. You do crack me up with stat talk though. The Pack got punked on national TV and are now 2 games back already in this young season:happy0005:

Here's to hoping you continue to post by week 12.:)

Purplepeopleeater

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Vikes might blow this Baltimore game. They have not played a tough team yet, and are capable of overlooking the Ravens. I am hoping Favre can throw, cause I think they will be pretty good at bottling up Peterson.

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Vikes might blow this Baltimore game. They have not played a tough team yet, and are capable of overlooking the Ravens. I am hoping Favre can throw, cause I think they will be pretty good at bottling up Peterson.
the ravens secondary will get rocked. Favre will pick them apart IMO. It will be nice seeing Matty Birk again!

Purplepeopleeater

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We will see, but the Vikings haven't exactly been dominant versus the rush this year, they are 11th versus the rush, and while that's decent, it pales in comparison to how great they were at shutting down opposing ground attacks last year.

Ray Rice might be able to get open both running and catching the ball. The Ravens have a great offensive line, and I think Rice will find some holes.

Left tackle Jared Gaither could return, and that might help Flacco, who has been pressured without his blind-side protector. Gaither may be able to minimize Jared Allen who has been running amuck thus far, and allow Flacco to beat Minnesota's secondary.

Baltimore is ranked No. 3 versus the rush, so the Vikes might have to rely more on the pass than the run. Tom Brady threw all over the Raven's secondary, and I hope you are right that Favre will have a great game. As usual with Favre, you gotta worry about the interceptions.

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We will see, but the Vikings haven't exactly been dominant versus the rush this year, they are 11th versus the rush, and while that's decent, it pales in comparison to how great they were at shutting down opposing ground attacks last year.

Ray Rice might be able to get open both running and catching the ball. The Ravens have a great offensive line, and I think Rice will find some holes.

Left tackle Jared Gaither could return, and that might help Flacco, who has been pressured without his blind-side protector. Gaither may be able to minimize Jared Allen who has been running amuck thus far, and allow Flacco to beat Minnesota's secondary.

Baltimore is ranked No. 3 versus the rush, so the Vikes might have to rely more on the pass than the run. Tom Brady threw all over the Raven's secondary, and I hope you are right that Favre will have a great game. As usual with Favre, you gotta worry about the interceptions.
yeah Brett has had 1 int so far and that was a batted ball off of Berrians hands. Brett looks real comfortable in purple if you ask me. SO the int talk is mute. You dont really sound like a viking fan if you want to bring up that garbage. The Vikings at home will win this game. If this was in Baltimore I would give them a chance but there is no place like dome.So purplepeopleater dude breakout your green and yellow pom-poms as you have fooled nobody.Skol Vikings!:happy0005:

Purplepeopleeater

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah Brett has had 1 int so far and that was a batted ball off of Berrians hands. Brett looks real comfortable in purple if you ask me. SO the int talk is mute. You dont really sound like a viking fan if you want to bring up that garbage. The Vikings at home will win this game. If this was in Baltimore I would give them a chance but there is no place like dome.So purplepeopleater dude breakout your green and yellow pom-poms as you have fooled nobody.Skol Vikings!:happy0005:

Wrongo, wrongo moosebreath. Born in Bemidji, raised in St. Paul. Vikings fan for life, but if you think Favre is past interceptions after playing a few games, you are probably wrong. I hope you are right, and I will cheer on Favre to keep throwing it like he has been. Just because I am a fan of the game and can analyze the situation without being just a mindless Vikes fan, does not mean I am less than an avid fan. So take your childish comments and stuff them. So Skol guy p1ss off.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wrongo, wrongo moosebreath. Born in Bemidji, raised in St. Paul. Vikings fan for life, but if you think Favre is past interceptions after playing a few games, you are probably wrong. I hope you are right, and I will cheer on Favre to keep throwing it like he has been. Just because I am a fan of the game and can analyze the situation without being just a mindless Vikes fan, does not mean I am less than an avid fan. So take your childish comments and stuff them. So Skol guy p1ss off.
Vikings fans arguing in here? WTF!
Let's chill out people. Don't need to get worked up over nothing. Both of you cheer for the same SuperBowless, soon-to-be Los Angeles Vikings! Can't you unite on that?
Tapere! :viksux:

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ha that is hilarious because I know a bunch of packer fans that live here. He has thrown 1 int so far and has a qb rateing that is better than Aaron Rodgers so keep talking smack and wait for the wheels to fall off as I laugh at you clowns to come on these sights to play nice and act like you are informed.You and packerRS should become penpals or something. What negative could you analyze about his play this year? I realize he is averageing 1 int per 5 games so you should be concerned with him. What a joke Brett Favre is playing his way into the pro-Bowl and if you don't see that as a "fan of the Game" like you claim your blind. So **** off purplebarneyeater. You are so mean but you make me laugh mr "fan of the game":happy0005:

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vikings fans arguing in here? WTF!
Let's chill out people. Don't need to get worked up over nothing. Both of you cheer for the same SuperBowless, soon-to-be Los Angeles Vikings! Can't you unite on that?
Tapere! :viksux:
Don't bet your life savings on that is it will not happen. That would be political suicide for any politition to allow this to happen on his or her watch so yak it up packer boy as you have no clue. It didn't work with the twins and it will never happen with the Vikings. Skol Vikings!:happy0005:

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't bet your life savings on that is it will not happen. That would be political suicide for any politition to allow this to happen on his or her watch so yak it up packer boy as you have no clue. It didn't work with the twins and it will never happen with the Vikings. Skol Vikings!:happy0005:
It worked with the Lakers... So maybe 2 out of 3?

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can we take credit for the lakers? If we can than we have more world championships than the packers then! Go Kobe!lol

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The Vikings run defense has been awesome in the past as the only team in NFL history to be the top run defense in the league 3 years in a row. You have pointed out how they fail in comparison this year. I agree. Brett Favre has thrown 1 int thus far this season but you are going by what he has done in the past for your arguement. Funny how that works isn't it? You can't have it both ways. Are we argueing about the past or present? Brett doesn't have to be the gunslinger on this team. The line play has been outstanding on both sides of the ball and you give Brett Favre that kind of time he will shread any defense with that laser he throws:comando:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts