Jared Abbrederis headed to IR as well

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6794

The Packers have put the wide receiver on injured reserve with a thigh contusion.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I think I just heard James Jones's phone ring :whistling:

R-E-L-A-X

That was a joke! I know nobody but me would be happy to see that happen LOL

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really wonder how many guys we've had to put on injured reserve so far this year who truly shouldn't have been out for the year. I would imagine the NFL has to look at the number of padded practices allowed as well as the GameDay inactive list this offseason.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Really wonder how many guys we've had to put on injured reserve so far this year who truly shouldn't have been out for the year. I would imagine the NFL has to look at the number of padded practices allowed as well as the GameDay inactive list this offseason.

Agreed. As well as allowing rosters to be expanded to more then 53.

DarkHelmet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed. As well as allowing rosters to be expanded to more then 53.

I'd like to the see the roster expanded to 60 and the active gameday squad expanded to 50. If the NFL eventually goes to an 18 game schedule they're going to have to expand the rosters.

My recommendations:
1) go to 18 regular season games
2) ditch the bye week
3) cut back to 3 preseason games
4) Expand the full roster to 60/gameday = 50.
5) Eliminate Thursday night games.

What's not to like? two extra real games for the fans to enjoy, 224 more guys get to play pro ball, every team has a little more depth.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd like to the see the roster expanded to 60 and the active gameday squad expanded to 50. If the NFL eventually goes to an 18 game schedule they're going to have to expand the rosters.

My recommendations:
2) ditch the bye week

What's not to like? two extra real games for the fans to enjoy, 224 more guys get to play pro ball, every team has a little more depth.
It would be pretty hard to get the NFLPA to agree with numbers 1, 2, and 4

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To be brutally honest, given that we already have 6 WRs on the roster besides him and given that Abby is basically a gameday inactive at this point, we probably gain more from whoever else we add than we lost in contributions from Abby. No need to add Geronimo or any other receiver right now.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To be brutally honest, given that we already have 6 WRs on the roster besides him and given that Abby is basically a gameday inactive at this point, we probably gain more from whoever else we add than we lost in contributions from Abby. No need to add Geronimo or any other receiver right now.
Which is why I believe they IR'd him

Chris398

Cheesehead
Reaction score

My recommendations:
2) ditch the bye week

Very good thinking, but to get the owners to agree I think you would have to do two things.
1) Increase the salary cap proportionately for a 60 man roster.
2) Increase the NFL revenue sharing proportionately for a 60 man roster.

Owners won't go for anything that increases their expenses. Also if you go to 18 games I think a bye week is a must. How about every team take the same bye week after nine games ? Even though that means one weekend with no football.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would be pretty hard to get the NFLPA to agree with numbers 1, 2, and 4

If 18 games ever happens , I'd be in favor of 2 bye weeks and 2 preseason games .

Or, how about a 17 game season, with every team playing a 'neutral ' game in London or other neutral venue? I don't agree with any team having to lose 1/8th of their home games just to play in London. The Lions benefit almost every year from a 'road' game on their schedule that isn't even a road game.

MajikMan7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not opposed to pulling up Allison, especially with our lack of depth at RB right now. Montgomery is virtually a RB until Starks returns, leaving us with 5 WR. I'm assuming Allison will also be able to fill the void Abby left on special teams. I do not think people realize how much Abby was playing on special teams this season even though he wasn't returning kicks.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not opposed to pulling up Allison, especially with our lack of depth at RB right now. Montgomery is virtually a RB until Starks returns, leaving us with 5 WR. I'm assuming Allison will also be able to fill the void Abby left on special teams. I do not think people realize how much Abby was playing on special teams this season even though he wasn't returning kicks.

His ST snaps declined every game since Minnesota . He was down to 4 against the Giants and 2 against the Cowboys before being inactive on Thursday.

He was essentially being phased out, even on special teams.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
My recommendations:
2) ditch the bye week
My modifications to your recommendations:
1) go to 18 17 regular season games (one international game for all teams)
2) ditch the add another bye week
3) cut back to 3 2 preseason games
4) Expand the full roster to 60/gameday = 50 45.
5) Eliminate Thursday and Monday night games.
6) Stick a bye week after the preseason games and put the HOF activities there leading up to the Sat night season opening game. Have a college game for the HOF football game.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Allison (WR) & Whitehead (S) pulled up from PS to active roster. Allison is the 6th WR (according to JSonline article), making Monty a RB now. Really hoping TT is searching the FA list for RB talent (Bishop Sankey?) and bringing a few guy in, as he might as well start replacing Lacy & Starks now in stead of in March.

Last edited:

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
6) Stick a bye week after the preseason games and put the HOF activities there leading up to the Sat night season opening game. Have a college game for the HOF football game.

Eliminating any Monday night games will never be possible due to losing revenue.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm with you all the way til you get to #5. I assume no matter what, Monday Night Football is never going away. Just too much of a cash cow. Thursday, I get it, but maybe there's another way. How about a limited number of Thursday games like there used to be, instead of every single week? Also, could they work it out that any team playing a Thursday game has a bye week the preceding week? With 2 byes each I think that could be worked out.

Latest posts