Jared Abbrederis headed to IR as well

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys are some unforgiving mofos lol. Rice wouldn't be a bad pick up. As fir Cromartie? I remember when ppl were calling Woodson washed up when TT bought him in. In fact, some of you in here smh. Not saying Cromartie is going to be Woodson..but sometimes a change in scenery is all it takes.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As far as Rice is concerned.... fine I'm unforgiving.... I saw the video. Anybody that does that I don't want to root for. Cromartie... its more about the fact that the Colts actually cut him.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Did anybody else see the video of Ray Rice working out? It would never happen but Rice would be a RB that has the talent to bring our run game back to life!

No thanks. I think a message has been sent to guys like Ray Rice, Greg Hardy and Monty Ball (ok, not that talented), the NFL nor its fans want thugs and wife/women beaters. I'm included in that group. I don't care if any of them could improve the team, no thanks.

InFamous

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wouldn't be opposed to give Ray Rice a tryout to see what's left in the tank.

But I see CB as a more important need right now. If I didn't know TT, I would be hoping that the Pack is asking for the price to trade for Haden and bring Keenan Lewis in for a tryout...
And hope one of the two help us down the road.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd agree that Abby is probably done, but him going to IR likely had very little to do with it.

They need roster spaces. He's a viable candidate to stash and if Lacey and Shields are both unable to come back after 8 weeks, maybe you "waste" the return designation on him.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers have put the wide receiver on injured reserve with a thigh contusion.

In three seasons, Abby has managed to stay healthy exactly none of them.

This, unfortunately, may be the sad case of a guy who just isn't durable enough for the NFL.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I rooted for the guy, he has talent, but it's looking like we'll never see it. Unless of course he just happened to be available for IR and they used it because they needed roster spots, not because he actually needs to be on IR. Considering they moved another WR up to his position, i'm guessing he's not able to play, and he won't be worth the Roster spot moving forward. Talent is not use sitting in the training room every week.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Will be interesting to see how much we see Allison play, but I think this was a convenient way of hanging on to Abby while seeing if Geronimo can provide a spark to the passing game. Allison's scouting report (one of them) said "he can steer clear of press coverage with foot quickness and head fakes off the snap as well as being able to go up and get a ball", things our WR's need right now. He isn't a blazer, but maybe he will provide more then what Abby has this season, which hasn't been much.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Complete speculation ~ maybe another team was "sniffing around" Allison and TT elevated him from PS to keep him? I know TT could've given him a raise to rookie min. to keep him, also. The #5, #6 & #7 WR (Abby, apparently) were getting few offensive snaps so I don't understand why a #6 WR is needed on the active roster.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Complete speculation ~ maybe another team was "sniffing around" Allison and TT elevated him from PS to keep him? The #5, #6 & #7 WR (Abby, apparently) were getting few offensive snaps so I don't understand why a #6 WR is needed on the active roster.

I have often wondered that, if a team has any kind of warning before a PS player is about to get grabbed by another team. As competitive as the NFL is, I doubt it, but not sure if there is an unwritten (or written) rule of conduct here or teams can track an unusual amount of sudden interest in a particular player.

Packer Brother

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ray Rice wouldn't be a bad pickup. He could only help the run game. Certainly cannot get worse.

Noticed the 49ers are working with the Eagles on a Torrey Smith trade. We should've been in on him.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's the player's choice to sign with another team. Fictional story ~ let's say Cleveland or NYJ need a WR and want to sign Allison, but Allison likes it in GB. He tells the coaches that he has the chance to sign with NYJ... coaches tell TT that they'll be losing Allison so TT elevates Allison.

If a PS player really doesn't care for the team, community or their future roster chances then they sign and move on, but they have some control in their destiny. I'm guessing Callahan wants a chance to play so he was more than happy to get signed to anyone's roster rather than be stuck behind AR & Hundley.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's the player's choice to sign with another team. Fictional story ~ let's say Cleveland or NYJ need a WR and want to sign Allison, but Allison likes it in GB. He tells the coaches that he has the chance to sign with NYJ... coaches tell TT that they'll be losing Allison so TT elevates Allison.

If a PS player really doesn't care for the team, community or their future roster chances then they sign and move on, but they have some control in their destiny. I'm guessing Callahan wants a chance to play so he was more than happy to get signed to anyone's roster rather than be stuck behind AR & Hundley.

The Pack has paid PS players active-roster money in the past to keep them (still on the PS).

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No thanks. I think a message has been sent to guys like Ray Rice, Greg Hardy and Monty Ball (ok, not that talented), the NFL nor its fans want thugs and wife/women beaters. I'm included in that group. I don't care if any of them could improve the team, no thanks.
Wow.. I understand some players out there make constant mistakes and never change. But I have to say Rice Didn't get any second chances. He made a stupid mistake and has been punished for it. I'm a believer in 2nd chances.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any chance he's just not that good any more? His last season was very pedestrian, and we've seen over and over how talent trumps behavior, so perhaps any fear of bad publicity way overshadows what he can bring to the field?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Wow.. I understand some players out there make constant mistakes and never change. But I have to say Rice Didn't get any second chances. He made a stupid mistake and has been punished for it. I'm a believer in 2nd chances.

I get people deserving second chances too and I would rather call them "earn".....the deserving part implies its a right, but in the case of Rice, let him earn his second chance in less of a public spotlight. The last message I want to send to young kids who idolize some of these guys is....beat your woman....awww....we forgive you....come on back and give us a hug and here is your million dollars. Sorry, call me whatever, but I have no patience for guys like Rice.

A ****** may eventually earn a second chance too, but again, not in a high paying public spotlight, just my opinion.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Any chance he's just not that good any more? His last season was very pedestrian, and we've seen over and over how talent trumps behavior, so perhaps any fear of bad publicity way overshadows what he can bring to the field?

True, I never heard about the Cowboys even looking at him. :coffee:

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I get people deserving second chances too and I would rather call them "earn".....the deserving part implies its a right, but in the case of Rice, let him have his second chance in less of a public spotlight. The last message I want to send to young kids who idolize some of these guys is....beat your woman....awww....we forgive you....come on back and give us a hug and here is your million dollars. Sorry, call me whatever, but I have no patience for guys like Rice.

A ****** may eventually earn a second chance too, but again, not in a high paying public spotlight, just my opinion.
**** is one of the most brutal acts a humanbeing is capable of. He has done do much out of spotlight to raise awareness about domestic violence. Enough has been said about this situation.

Members online

Latest posts