If Matt Ryan was the Packers QB over Aaron Rodgers...

packattack10

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How do you think the Pack would fair? I say they would have 1-2 less wins per year. I personally think Ryan is incredibly overrated.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I watch alot of football, but since I couldn't get the first GB/ATL game here in Ohio last week may have been the first time I have seen him play all year if not at all since he was at BC. The Falcons don't get much TV time so I really don't know. What I do know is that A Rodg is his own beast and fits this offense perfectly so I really can't see anyone else coming in and being able to duplicate his production.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure. I think he is better with time management and that might have won us a couple more games over the years. Not sure how many we would have lost due to Ryan. Totally difference offense.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kinda hard to tell. One benefit he has is Michael Turner in his backfield, who takes a ton of pressure off him and allows him to keep it close to the vest.

That said, he doesn't put up big numbers, at least not yet anyway. No idea what the future will hold for him, so I think it's too early to begin really comparing the two.

Havners Heroes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They're completely different quarterbacks so it's really hard to say. Ryan is more of a pure pocket passer than Rodgers-- doesn't have an ounce of Rodgers's scrambling ability. I think Ryan would do well with the receivers the Packers have, because overall the Packers have a MUCH better surrounding cast in the passing game than the Falcons do. But Ryan's lack of mobility would get him KILLED behind our offensive line, and I don't think (at least at this stage in his career) he'd be able to carry a team on his back like Rodgers can without a running game.

ThorMatthews

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan is an okay QB, but he struggles with the lack of a running game which is what would scare me the most if he was the QB in Green Bay. I say in a year or two he gets better at controlling the way the game goes should the running game get eliminated.

Rodgers2Jennings

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not really impressed with Ryan imo.. Granted, He's a good game manager, If I were a team looking for a QB and he was available I'd probably take him. But there's at least 8 QB's better than him. And when you take him out of rhythm he struggles big time.

Havners Heroes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not really impressed with Ryan imo.. Granted, He's a good game manager, If I were a team looking for a QB and he was available I'd probably take him. But there's at least 8 QB's better than him. And when you take him out of rhythm he struggles big time.

Take ANYBODY out of their rhythm and they're going to struggle, even Tom Brady. And I wouldn't call Ryan just a game manager-- he's got quite a few fourth quarter comebacks to his name already and is nicknamed Matty Ice for a reason. And let's not forget, this is just his third season in the NFL. He's only going to get better.

IMO, here's the current QB top ten:
1. Brady
2. Manning
3. Brees
4. Rodgers (although I think he passes Brees with a Super Bowl win, TBH)
5. Roethlisberger
6. Rivers
7. Ryan
8. Vick
9. Romo
10. Freeman

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is NOTHING Matt Ryan can do that Aaron Rodgers couldn't do...Matt Ryan couldn't do what Aaron Rodgers does, swap out our OLINE & RUNNING game for theirs....Aaron Rodgers would be rediculously tough to beat...but I like our team as is...why? b/c this is the team that struggled during the season and has come together stronger then it has in a really long time...there's a lotta fight in this 2010 Pack team and I'm loving what I'm seeing...anything short of a SB appearance would be a disappointment with all they have already accomplished
:chisux:

Rodgers2Jennings

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Take ANYBODY out of their rhythm and they're going to struggle, even Tom Brady. And I wouldn't call Ryan just a game manager-- he's got quite a few fourth quarter comebacks to his name already and is nicknamed Matty Ice for a reason. And let's not forget, this is just his third season in the NFL. He's only going to get better.

IMO, here's the current QB top ten:
1. Brady
2. Manning
3. Brees
4. Rodgers (although I think he passes Brees with a Super Bowl win, TBH)
5. Roethlisberger
6. Rivers
7. Ryan
8. Vick
9. Romo
10. Freeman

Before the postseason, I would have agreed with your list. but after the last week's game, I'd move Vick and Romo ahead of Ryan. Oh, and i'd probably swap Freeman with Cutler, I think it's too early to label him a top 10 QB.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the running game we had?

6 yards per attempt would lead us to a 6-10 season without a doubt.

He's a GREAT game manager. He's nowhere near ready to lead a team by himself.

Oh, and BTW, Rodgers has a better completion percentage (65.7%) than Ryan (62.5%). So not only he's a better playmaker than Ryan (8.3 YPA to 6.5YPA, not to mention scrambling) he's a better game manager.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack woulda lost by 24 last weekend that's what woulda happned. haha.

Vick is not a good QB, not once you can scheme against him. He is not a smart QB, makes poor decisions. Looks good because when he scrambles, safeties creep up and leave Jackson and Maclin one on one and they are too fast for 90% of the corners in the league. He did show some monster arm strength and good touch this year but I still think he is a ways away from becoming SB caliber.

Romo should be bottom 12. He is terrible. Not sure what people see in him, anyone looks good for a few years when your defense is top 5 in the league for a few years.

Members online

No members online now.