I think the Vikings will

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Those are very evident that Favre will have one of his off years. He is certainly off to a good start.
I have to wonder... Was it Favre that carried the Packers to superbowl or was it the Packers who carried a talented but undisciplined QB to the superbowl...?

I guess I am curious if Packers would have had the kind of success or better with a different QB...?

You mean like Kurt Warner, undrafted F.A. in '94?? 9 and 4 in the postseason which is clearly superior to The Interceptor's 13 and 11 record.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Those are very evident that Favre will have one of his off years. He is certainly off to a good start.
I have to wonder... Was it Favre that carried the Packers to superbowl or was it the Packers who carried a talented but undisciplined QB to the superbowl...?

I guess I am curious if Packers would have had the kind of success or better with a different QB...?
Favre was the MVP that season.

Let's keep it real, no Favre no SB. He didn't win it alone, but he was a key cog.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I honestly think it's a bit early to uncrown the former division champs & 2009 NFC #2 seed yet...that D is still really good...now if we beat them once, I'll start to go along with it, we beat them twice, I'm jumping up and down and crapping all over viking forums :)

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre was the MVP that season.

Let's keep it real, no Favre no SB. He didn't win it alone, but he was a key cog.

agreed, favre was in top form that year. I hate favre as much as anyone but I cant rip what he did in the 90s.

gbforever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If this keeps up Favre will probably come up with some lame excuse to get out of playing us simply because he doesn't want a loss to Rodgers on his record.

Dizzle498

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love that the Chargers shut them down for a 2nd rounder next year and a conditional pick too. LOVE THAT. Apparently AJ Smith doesn't like the Vikings either. Good times right there.

Big Dan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre will not finish out the year, nor will he be back. If he gets injured enough to miss a start and end his streak, it will be a "career ending " injury. If Chilly finds enough balls to bench Favre and end his streak, Favre will suffer a phantom "career ending" injury. If the Vikings get in a big enough hole where there's no way they crawl out, Favre will suffer a phantom "career ending" injury. If he continues to embarrass himself with his poor play, he will suffer a phantom "career ending" injury.

He'll quit and go home. Then he'll cry on TV and talk about how this injury was there all along. It wasn't his fault. He tried to play through it. Bla bla bla.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Well this is the end for Brett for sure..His people are suppose to be making up a Farewell tour t-shirt

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
I do not believe that two poor performances in a row spells the end for Favre. He has played poorly throughout his career in many back-to-back game stretches, only to rebound just fine. Yes, he is certainly older and more vulnerable than ever, but jumping to the conclusions posted above seems premature (and overly optimistic) imo.

Also, I would be seriously surprised if he does not start due to a coach's decision. Especially considering Childress' spineless nature. Would any coach have ever benched Cal Ripken Jr. during his streak? No way. Ripken ended up benching himself as he realized that he was hurting his team. Class act, eh?

Don't expect Favre to do the same, however.

He will rebound (likely, imo) and the Vikings will be a more dangerous team, or he won't (less likely) and he will drive the team straight into mediocrity or less. Only then will he depart.

TheOutsider

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree that two bad showings will not force him into quitting but I think those two losses combined with divison loss to the lions will put those thoughts into his head. I think it is far fetched to think Favre would quit no matter what their record is because he is just too worried about what other people think and that would give everyone the ammo needed to question him as a player and a good ol boy.

If anything it would take an injury or benching to get him out. If they keep losing all he will need is on reason, large or small, and I think he will try and justify not finishing the season.

I love Favre and am a huge fan but while he is in purple I wish nothing but the worst for him.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mike is an old Viking tv guy
I know that. It's just that Aaron Nagler of CHTV was arguing that the guy was professional, etc...

But truth is, he's a HUGE homer. I figure it's a precedent to work in MN, as the team sucks so bad that the announcers have to be homers to keep fans from leaving the team...

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i just don't think this ever gets old, so I had to post it again, this time from youtube!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2Iw2YejS9A"]YouTube - Paul Allen's Call of Final Favre Interception - January 24, 2010[/ame]

Members online

Latest posts