Green Bay Packers Free Agents thread

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
As I was saying in the other thread, though we have cap room, we need that room to sign guys like Finley, Sitton and Nelson that will be FAs in 12, not to mention guys like Matthews, Rodgers, Jennings, Shields, that soon enough will have their contracts expiring.

The guy we bring in FA will have to be a better option than one of those guys, because it will probably mean giving up one of them in the future.

This is true, but a man can dream can't he?

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Keep all the money we can and don't sign any unnecessary free agents. Soon we'd have to give our numerous pro bowl players big deals or else other teams will snatch them away.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The players will get 55% of all revenue generated from TV and Radio deals.

NFL Ventures revenue is things like NFL Shop and NFL Films. I'm not sure if this also includes NFL Network or if that falls into the first category.

Local club revenue includes things like Packers pro shop, personal seat licenses, stadium tours, etc.

RE: the tweet from Adam Caplan, I have no idea what he's talking about. There was no cap in 2010. Do the Eagles have credits from 2009 maybe? And if so, do they carry over?

Part of this whole deal was to make NFL Capology more of a science and less an art form, so I don't know why the Eagles would get "Cap credits." I know teams can borrow up to $3 Million from future years for the next couple of seasons too, so who knows..

Yeah I just don't know how this will translate to a cap per team.

TeamTundra

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Perhaps they might pick up a linebacker opposite Matthews? One can only hope! That would be about the perfect scenario.

I'm hoping they bring in a veteran ILB to add some depth with Barnett, Chillar, etc. gone. This is the only position I feel we are thin. It doesn't need to be a star player, just a veteran with game experience who can fill in when required.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm hoping they bring in a veteran ILB to add some depth with Barnett, Chillar, etc. gone. This is the only position I feel we are thin. It doesn't need to be a star player, just a veteran with game experience who can fill in when required.

Reports from training camp say François is playing really well. But it's only practice...

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I just don't know how this will translate to a cap per team.

I started off with a post about how the figures are derived, but then I realized that I too have no idea how they take the amount allocated to the players and generate a salary cap. I'm working on figuring this out for my own reasons, and when I do I'll be sure to post it.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Donald Driver not a lock????? Only a "good bet" to make the team? This article by the Journal Sentinel makes some interesting predictions. Yet, I would find some of them frustrating if they came true. Are they saying that James Jones is doing better than Driver? Driver looks ripped in practices this year. He's in great shape. He looks sharp. Is this a prediction of age discrimination??

buckshotrob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
they cut driver ima kill someone lol i think we can get some one better than james jones he always drops a pass on a big play hopfully that will change

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
they cut driver ima kill someone lol i think we can get some one better than james jones he always drops a pass on a big play hopfully that will change

I'm not worried about DD being cut. He is still as good as or better than anyone not named Jennings. The only way he doesn't make it is injury or sudden "voluntary" retirement.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Driver looked like he was 25 last game. But I'm wondering who makes it beyond Jennings, Nelson, Driver, Cobb and Jones. West, Gurley and Borel all seem to have a shot.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Driver will end up being the #2 receiver in this team, in terms of snaps played.

I thought that maybe he had lost a step, and I do worry with him later in the season, but him being healthy has given his agility back. He's getting great separation from corners as he used to.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Driver looked like he was 25 last game. But I'm wondering who makes it beyond Jennings, Nelson, Driver, Cobb and Jones. West, Gurley and Borel all seem to have a shot.
Without trades or additions to the roster West may have a slight chance depending on the numbers. Gurley and Borel realistically don't. Maybe practice squad.

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys know any decent 3-4 DE still out there? Now not only Neal is injured but CJ Wilson too........

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
You guys know any decent 3-4 DE still out there? Now not only Neal is injured but CJ Wilson too........

Isn't Wilson a concussion? And Neal isn't that bad if he's listed day to day rather than week to week. I don't expect to see TT do anything at this point.

Members online

Latest posts