Game 16 -- Vikings rematch [pregame and post game thread]

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know. Each tantrum there are less teams interested.
Big difference a guy with a substance abuse problem and someone with mental issues. Josh Gordon wanted to be on the team and play ball. Not sure what motivates AB but it isn't team success. He is very inmature and a pathological narcissist.
I started to make the same reply but I don't think DNA was saying they (Gordon and Brown) were the same. I think he was just saying that if you have a lot of talent a lot of people will overlook a lot of crap.

You are absolutely correct IMO Brown's problems and Gordon's problems are not the same. While I do think it is possible, even probable that Gordon has some sort of mental issues (besides addiction) Gordon wants to play Football and I think he will do whatever he can to do so. I've never heard him say anything bad towards any of the teams he played for or any of his teammates. Antonio Brown has a different motivation and its Antonio Brown

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I started to make the same reply but I don't think DNA was saying they (Gordon and Brown) were the same. I think he was just saying that if you have a lot of talent a lot of people will overlook a lot of crap.

You are absolutely correct IMO Brown's problems and Gordon's problems are not the same. While I do think it is possible, even probable that Gordon has some sort of mental issues (besides addiction) Gordon wants to play Football and I think he will do whatever he can to do so. I've never heard him say anything bad towards any of the teams he played for or any of his teammates. Antonio Brown has a different motivation and its Antonio Brown
Couldn't happen to a better franchise...now Mr. Suh just needs to have another cheap shot melt down and let the castle erode.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Packers inactives:

David Bakhtiari
Billy Turner
Shawn Davis
Vernon Scott
Jack Heflin

Phil Young

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Be interesting to see Love play against lions at some point & not just taking knee at end of game in a meaningless snap or two, we should get a better idea of what we have with him. Don't forget our offence is set up for Rogers to excel & it will take time for Love to get that level of comfort.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

And I never wrote him off. Still, last game Love couldn't score. FAIL!
But that is my point. LOVE couldn`t score !!! It takes TWO players to score. LOVE and a reciever or LOVE and a runner. It takes time to build a connection. Jeez

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
But that is my point. LOVE couldn`t score !!! It takes TWO players to score. LOVE and a reciever or LOVE and a runner. It takes time to build a connection. Jeez
What about a QB scramble?

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
He`ll learn with experience. I wont change your mind obviously and you won`t change mine :tup:
Oh, I don't think Love is the future at all. I'm not rooting against him, but I think he is a bust.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Ole and Sven die in a snowmobiling accident, drunker than skunks, And go to Hell. The Devil observes that they are really enjoying themselves. He says to them 'Doesnt the heat and smoke bother you?' Ole replies, 'Vell, ya know, ve're from nordern Minnesooota, da land of snow an ice, an ve're yust happy fer a chance ta varm up a little bit, ya know.'

The devil decides that these two aren't miserable enough and turns up the heat even more. When he returns to the room of the two from Minnesota, the devil finds them in light jackets and hats, grilling Walleye and drinking beer. The devil is astonished and exclaims, 'Everyone down here is in misery, and you two seem to be enjoying yourselves?' Sven replies, 'Vell, ya know, ve don't git too much varm veather up dere at da Falls, so ve've yust got ta haff a fish fry vhen da veather's dis nice.'

The devil is absolutely furious. He can hardly see straight. Finally he comes up with the answer. The two guys love the heat because they have been cold all their lives. The devil decides to turn all the heat off in Hell. The next morning, the temperature is 60 below zero, icicles are hanging everywhere, and people are shivering so bad that they are unable to wail, moan or gnash their teeth.
The devil smiles and heads for the room with Ole and Sven. He gets there and finds them back in their parkas, bomber hats, and mittens. They are jumping up and down, cheering, yelling and screaming like mad men.

The devil is dumbfounded, 'I don't understand, when I turn up the heat you're happy. Now its freezing cold and you're still happy. What is wrong with you two?'

They both look at the devil in surprise and say, 'Vell, don't ya know, if hell iss froze over, dat must mean da Vikings von da Super Bowl.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope that you copy and pasted that in, versus typing out a whole Sven & Ole joke!

Also - if we're talking about Sven & Ole from 'da Iron Range, then at some point when the devil turns up the heat they ought to strip down to their skivvies and behave like they're in a sow-na. :roflmao:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Has anyone seen Raptorman? Given that he is a Viking fan, I guess I can understand him not wanting to post much this year, but he usually has some good insights on both the Vikings and the Packers.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another bad showing for Love. Interception to lose the game. Couldn't execute two minute offense. LOSER.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
No over reaction. Just keeping tabs. I suppose you think Love has been fine.
I think has looked like a young QB that has played a game and a half in the NFL. This 1/2 of a game played with backups, against another teams starters.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think has looked like a young QB that has played a game and a half in the NFL. This 1/2 of a game played with backups, against another teams starters.
Love played against a terrible Lions team today. When Love does show something, I will be here singing his praises. Love didn't throw into any tight windows. No dropping dimes. Just 2 ints. and some short high percentage pass completions.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Love played against a terrible Lions team today. When Love does show something, I will be here singing his praises. Love didn't throw into any tight windows. No dropping dimes. Just 2 ints. and some short high percentage pass completions.
You are failing to acknowledge the fact that Love was playing with backups and the Lions left their starters in. Next thing you are going to tell me is that the defense looked terrible in the 2nd half.

Yes, the Lions aren't that great of a team, but if you expect a good teams backups to always beat another NFL teams starters, you aren't viewing the NFL realistically.

OP
OP
Poppa San

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Love played against a terrible Lions team today. When Love does show something, I will be here singing his praises. Love didn't throw into any tight windows.
Down by 8 entering the 4th quarter with no MVS, Lazard, Cobb, DA17, AJ33. Takes the lead. What would you realistically have expected AR12 to do with that?
No dropping dimes. Just 2 ints. and some short high percentage pass completions.
Sounds a bit like early Favre and the west coast offense.