Game 14 -- at Baltimore [pregame and post game thread]

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well maybe that’s true about how they feel. I don’t see the evidence of people spreading it outdoors and I’m near positive that’s the least of our issues. 2 players both vaccinated that are close contact for 20 sec at a time. Not a high risk there, not at least not according to the experts anyways. That’s never been a scenario mentioned by any health department official.
From what I’m seeing fans have been outside shoulder to shoulder and there’s no indication of major outbreaks traced to football stadiums thus far.
Could a singular infection happen? Sure. You could also walk in a public bathroom and get Covid after being in a stall for 6 minutes. Is it likely? Absolutely not, but more likely than playing an outdoor football game.
The rule for high risk has been inside AND 15+ minutes in close contact or groups of 10+ and that’s from scientists in the field. I’m 99% sure These guys are getting covid from close contact for excessive periods of time, INDOORS and in larger groups OR direct contact as in how we pass it inside our homes. Unless these vaccinated guys are sneezing and spitting in each others faces they are very, very low risk outdoors.
Make them wear a Julius Peppers face shield for 10 days

Btw. We’ve played enough games to support no evidence of team to team spreading during a contest. I’ve not seen one outbreak happen that way. It’s ok to play it safe, but even i get a little crazy with the Isopropyl on my hip and the listerine rinse after close contact visit.
If you need to spend 6 minutes in a public bathroom stall you might have bigger problems than covid ;)

and yeah, that's what I took from your post.:D

Reaction score
One reason that the Packers have been so good on the offensive line all these years, is because of the cross-training that they do across positions. I don't know where Yosh has worked, hence my question. However, I wouldn't be surprised if he has gotten snaps on both sides over the years. If that's the case then I would hardly call it an experiment. It's getting your best five out on the line. Kelly is serviceable but got us killed against Tampa Bay last year.
I’m not sure about in practice lately At VA Tech Yosh played significant snaps on both sides at Tackle
Mainly Blindside. But most of 1 season at RT (going off memory from past research from when we signed him)

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One reason that the Packers have been so good on the offensive line all these years, is because of the cross-training that they do across positions. I don't know where Yosh has worked, hence my question. However, I wouldn't be surprised if he has gotten snaps on both sides over the years. If that's the case then I would hardly call it an experiment. It's getting your best five out on the line. Kelly is serviceable but got us killed against Tampa Bay last year.
Kelly wasn't on the team last year. It was Ricky Wagner.

D

Deleted member 6794

Unfortunately, this does not go into effect until Monday. Clark will be out Sunday.

Edit to post the new protocols:
Once teams have cleared the enhanced protocols through the end of Week 15, the changes to COVID testing protocols will kick in. The biggest alteration is NFL players who test positive for COVID can now get back into their team facilities as quickly as one day later if they meet this standard: If a player has been previously vaccinated and is asymptomatic for a period of 24 hours, they need only one negative test and one negative rapid-result swab to return to team activities. Under this new guideline, players can also begin re-testing immediately following the 24-hour asymptomatic period. Previously, vaccinated players who tested positive for COVID could begin retesting only after a five-day period and required two negative test results.

Another key change: Players with a technically positive test can also return to the facility depending on how low their viral load is — which is measured by a “cycle threshold” or “CT” value. If a player’s CT value is 35 or higher, they could register as COVID positive but not be considered infectious. With that in mind, the league and union agreed on a threshold that will allow players to return to the team with CT values of 35 or higher on tests.

First of all the changes are effective immediately, therefore Clark could still play tomorrow. In addition there was never a five day waiting period for a vaccinated player to return to the field but he had to take two negative tests which had to be taken 24 hours apart (that has been changed within the new protocol released this week).

I’m not sure about in practice lately At VA Tech Yosh played significant snaps on both sides at Tackle
Mainly Blindside. But most of 1 season at RT (going off memory from past research from when we signed him)

Nijman started two season at LT (2016-17) before moving to RT for Virginia Tech for his senior season in 2018.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
How bad off is Turner? I have not seen anything about him.
Only thing I heard thus far was MLF being asked if Turner could play again and he responded with "This season? Yeah, I think so, but I think we’re still kinda going through everything to see where he’s at."

The fact that he hasn't been put on IR, leads me to believe he might have gotten lucky and it was only somewhat minor of an injury. Hopefully, similar to Aaron Jones's. I think MLF and the rest of the Packers like to keep quiet on injuries for a couple of reasons. They really don't know, so why give fans false hope and then be wrong. I also think its to try and keep a competitive advantage, "don't let your enemy know your strengths and weaknesses" thing.

Last edited:

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I also think its to try and keep a competitive advantage, "don't let your enemy know your strengths and weaknesses" thing.
That's another thing I really like about LaFleur. I've noticed he doesn't dive too deep on a lot of topics and it's exactly what you just mentioned, to maintain a competitive advantage.

Just like in training camp. He cut the media off from being able to tweet or report about what formations and personnel packages they were using (I'm thinking this started before the 2020 season or maybe even in 2019 when he first got here). Most of them got so pi$$y, but I'm perfectly fine at least as a fan with "being left in the dark" on some things if it means the Packers have the best competitive advantage possible in all aspects.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard on the Green Bay news that the changes were in effect immediately. Players can get cleared to play the same day as their game. Not sure how true that is. Maybe they were confused.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First of all the changes are effective immediately, therefore Clark could still play tomorrow. In addition there was never a five day waiting period for a vaccinated player to return to the field but he had to take two negative tests which had to be taken 24 hours apart (that has been changed within the new protocol released this week).
This is what I heard on the radio.
I heard on the Green Bay news that the changes were in effect immediately. Players can get cleared to play the same day as their game. Not sure how true that is. Maybe they were confused.
I don't where Krab got his information from, but it seems wrong or misinformed. Not that it will likely make any difference.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is what I heard on the radio.

I don't where Krab got his information from, but it seems wrong or misinformed. Not that it will likely make any difference.
With 2 negative tests within a certain time frame they're eligible. Maybe that would include a test taken the morning before a game?

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With 2 negative tests within a certain time frame they're eligible. Maybe that would include a test taken the morning before a game?
It may be possible, but I just can't see the Packers doing that for an away game.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Sammy Watkins is being placed on the Reserve/COVID-19 list and will be out for this game.

Reaction score
I’d best get out of the way before bullets start flying. Excuse me I’ve got to check on something.. somewhere…else :eek:

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Ravens are really short-handed for this game.But they're still the Ravens and John Harbaugh is still their coach.
I just hope they don't respond to this situation the way the Packers did in Arizona.
All that said, I'll go with Packers 31-17.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
If Jackson doesn't play: Packers with ease 35-17

If Jackson plays: Packers on a 42 yard Crosby FG at the gun: 27-24

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts