Game 14 -- at Baltimore [pregame and post game thread]

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Game flexed to the 3:25 CST time slot.
This is one of the "I don't see the Packers winning" games that many posters had penciled in with an L before the season kicked off last summer. Good game expected with both QBs having bum wheels. Unlike seasons past, the Packers have the top 10 defense while the Ravens' is just around middlin'. The Ravens have the top 5 offense while Green Bays is just outside the top 10. Strength on strength. I fear another ST debacle is looming.
ETA rankings from NFL.com pregame info thread

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
with their qb out the only concern is their back. just stop their run and we got this. packs 54 ravens 40

Reaction score
The score is not even. Take away the running threat from each QB, and the Ravens' offense suffers tremendously. Take away Rodgers' scrambling and there is still a tremendous passing attack. The advantage goes to the Packers when both QBs have a gimpy hoof.
No I didn’t mean literally. I meant both QBs are gimpy, but I see where you’re going.

Last edited:

KiDcUdI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im not expecting Lamar to play. Running QB with an ankle sprain? I feel like theyll rest him a week in a non conference game and get him right. Harbaugh said hes preparing for him to start but I think its gamesmanship.

OP
OP
Poppa San

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Im not expecting Lamar to play. Running QB with an ankle sprain? I feel like theyll rest him a week in a non conference game and get him right. Harbaugh said hes preparing for him to start but I think its gamesmanship.
Baltimore isn't in position to "give" a game to prepare for the stretch run. They have Cincy and the rest of the division nipping at their heels.

D

Deleted member 6794

Game flexed to the 3:25 CST time slot.
This is one of the "I don't see the Packers winning" games that many posters had penciled in with an L before the season kicked off last summer. Good game expected with both QBs having bum wheels. Unlike seasons past, the Packers have the top 10 defense while the Ravens' is just around middlin'. The Ravens have the top 5 offense while Green Bays is just outside the top 10. Strength on strength. I fear another ST debacle is looming.
ETA rankings from NFL.com pregame info thread

Just for the record, the Ravens' offense only ranks 17th in points scored in the league.

Reaction score
Any contest that’s on the road against a team over .500 is a challenge.
That said, it’s no secret that GB is favored and they should be. The connection between Aaron and Davante is nothing short of impressive. The combo of Aaron Jones and AJ Dillon is formidable. The emergence of Deguara as viable receiving TE, paired with old Mr. reliable Big Dog is enough to pay attention. Lazard is suddenly looking his old self and making plays.
As long as we get the ball out quickly (minimize that dancing in the pocket past 2-3 reads and taking 10 yard sacks and keep Rodgers upright? We can go broken pinky toe to pinky toe with anyone this season.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lazard is our inside guy that will separate their secondary going into zone to man coverage. I don't have confidence in him playing long ball just yet.
I am seeing nice blocking by Deguara and could help our backs open up some whooop *** drives along with some nice pass plays. Our receivers should have no problem with their secondary. As long as our D has their damn head in the game this is a win.
Then we have one more(Browns) until it's downhill and to get payback on Minn. and Detroit should just throw in the towel giving our guys some rest before PO.

OP
OP
Poppa San

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Any contest that’s on the road against a team over .500 is a challenge.
That said, it’s no secret that GB is favored and they should be. The connection between Aaron and Davante is nothing short of impressive. The combo of Aaron Jones and AJ Dillon is formidable. The emergence of Deguara as viable receiving TE, paired with old Mr. reliable Big Dog is enough to pay attention. Lazard is suddenly looking his old self and making plays.
As long as we get the ball out quickly (minimize that dancing in the pocket past 2-3 reads and taking 10 yard sacks and keep Rodgers upright? We can go broken pinky toe to pinky toe with anyone this season.
Playoff contender underdogs at home? Someone is going to make some money this weekend.
** I don't gamble or even play the lottery. God has taught me that if I have excess money to gamble, it's time for a vehicle or appliance to need repair.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Without a healthy, running around Lamaar the Packers should win this 31-20. (That's 5 TD's, only 1 made PAT ~ need to keep the ST dysfunction going.) ;)

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Without a healthy, running around Lamaar the Packers should win this 31-20. (That's 5 TD's, only 1 made PAT ~ need to keep the ST dysfunction going.) ;)
*High five* We are on the same page. Doesn't look good for Crosby at this point. i predicted 54 with no PAT. BTW if anyone is mathematically challenged that is 9 TD with no extra point.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Statistically speaking, the Packers are a little better in both offense and defense. They edge out Baltimore in both scoring and points allowed. Packers are scoring about 25 ppg and the Ravens are at 23. Pretty close to a wash. The Packers hold opponents to 21 ppg and the Ravens are at 22 ppg. Again, another wash. These teams are very close on paper. Like a lot of games, I think this comes down to turnovers. The Packers are a lot better than the Ravens in terms of taking the ball away. They are also better at protecting the ball. This will be a bit closer than my comfort level, but I'm going Packers 24 Ravens 20.

Reaction score
Playoff contender underdogs at home? Someone is going to make some money this weekend.
** I don't gamble or even play the lottery. God has taught me that if I have excess money to gamble, it's time for a vehicle or appliance to need repair.
While I fully expect Lamar to play, I don’t expect him to be 100% either. His mobility is a tremendous part of his overall success. He’s going to be a bit gimpy for a couple weeks IF he plays. I don’t want him injured, but I watched that game live and he’s not bouncing around after that.

I’m sure you’ve noticed that the Packers Offense went from 4 cylinders to 6 cylinders turbo over the last 3 weeks. We’re headed at firing with 8 cylinders soon. As long as we can mitigate this horrendous ST unit and hold up moderately at OL? We got this. I don’t believe Baltimore can hang with us for 4 Quarters, maybe 3, but not 4.

Huntley is a good backup who can both scramble and throw, but he’s not better than Lamar either. He’s scrappy, but a lower tier starter type at best. A wounded Lamar is their best shot.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

I'm surprised that hasn't been mentioned anywhere but Bakhtiari returned to practice in a limited fashion yesterday. That's definitely a good sign moving forward.

Statistically speaking, the Packers are a little better in both offense and defense. They edge out Baltimore in both scoring and points allowed. Packers are scoring about 25 ppg and the Ravens are at 23. Pretty close to a wash. The Packers hold opponents to 21 ppg and the Ravens are at 22 ppg. Again, another wash. These teams are very close on paper. Like a lot of games, I think this comes down to turnovers. The Packers are a lot better than the Ravens in terms of taking the ball away. They are also better at protecting the ball. This will be a bit closer than my comfort level, but I'm going Packers 24 Ravens 20.

Those stats are a bit misleading as the Packers offense struggled early this season but has turned a corner since Rodgers returned from the COVID-19 list. Since then, the Packers have scored 32.3 points per game (ranking second in the league) while the Ravens have struggled (16.6 PPG). On the other side their defense has been excellent over the last five games (16.8 PPG allowed) while the Packers have given up more than that (23.0).

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
It's hard to see the Packers not winning out IF they can win this game.

Browns at home is a solo stage, primetime game on Christmas.
Vikings at home is a solo stage, primetime game on Sunday Night.
And then the hapless Lions.

I'm not trusting Baker Mayfield and Kirk Cousins to beat Rodgers and all he has to work with in a primetime situation, and the Lions is bye week.

Just win this game.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TE Mark Andrews has been averaging 10 targets/game the last 6 games (since their bye) so whoever is charged with TE-coverage better bring their A game. Many of Jackson's INT's are when he's targeting Andrews, so this is also a great chance to blanket Andrews AND grab a pick or 2.

neilface

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ravens fan here. I am excited to see one of the all time greats this Sunday. I was wondering when Rodgers comes out for pre-game warms-ups? They allow us to go to sideline area and boot us out an hour or so before game time. Approximately when does he come out for warm ups before game time? If any of u are coming and have any questions about stadium/Baltimore let me know.

Thanks. Neil

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm definitely one of those folks who saw this game and expected an L when the schedule came out/early in the season. But I've since been feeling rather confident on it for a while now. No secret that we've often struggled with mobile QBs but Lamar's clearly not been himself lately and frankly to my eyes has been rather average for much of the year. He's only had two 100+ yard rushing performances and the last one was a month ago and as we all know he'll be nursing an ankle injury (if he plays at all). In the passing game....since the Colts game (442 yards, 4TD, 0INT, 140.5 passer rating) he's had 8TD, 10INT, and an average passer rating of 75.5 (and hasn't topped 300 yards passing since then, either).

I don't want to get too over-confident but going against a semi-healthy Lamar or Huntley I like our odds.

Reaction score
On the other side their defense has been excellent over the last five games (16.8 PPG allowed) while the Packers have given up more than that (23.0).
That can also be misleading in Taking a small sample size of those games. If we delete their common opponent (Bears) both of us played?
Those 4 games Ravens have played Browns (2X) Dolphins, Steelers. The average ranked O they faced was:
21st in points
20th in yards

The Packers faced in that stretch the Offenses of Rams, Vikings, Seahawks, K.C. Their season O average?
11th in points
10th in yards

That’s a much better Offensive dynamic that GB faced there in the middle of the season. I think it’s fair to use the season average as no one remembers what they did over 1/4 season.
GB is Defensively.
7th in points and
6th in yards allowed

Baltimore is: Defensively
10th in points
18th in yards

Thank you for the update on Bakhiari that’s great news!
Crap. Just saw Kenny has Covid. We need Slaton to step it up.

Last edited: