Game 14 -- at Baltimore [pregame and post game thread]

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The truth is normally somewhere in the middle. 50/50 ; 75/25 or 70/30..etc.. one argument vs another.. but that’s still in the middle. We need to each do our part in listening to each other. There’s truth threaded on both sides.. and of course.. a whole lotta lies! :roflmao:
Amen, Brother! When people meet in the middle it leads to hugs. Wait...or maybe fist bumps? Is that still allowed today?

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Well maybe that’s true about how they feel. I don’t see the evidence of people spreading it outdoors and I’m near positive that’s the least of our issues. 2 players both vaccinated that are close contact for 20 sec at a time. Not a high risk there, not at least not according to the experts anyways. That’s never been a scenario mentioned by any health department official.
From what I’m seeing fans have been outside shoulder to shoulder and there’s no indication of major outbreaks traced to football stadiums thus far.
Could a singular infection happen? Sure. You could also walk in a public bathroom and get Covid after being in a stall for 6 minutes. Is it likely? Absolutely not, but more likely than playing an outdoor football game.
The rule for high risk has been inside AND 15+ minutes in close contact or groups of 10+ and that’s from scientists in the field. I’m 99% sure These guys are getting covid from close contact for excessive periods of time, INDOORS and in larger groups OR direct contact as in how we pass it inside our homes. Unless these vaccinated guys are sneezing and spitting in each others faces they are very, very low risk outdoors.
Make them wear a Julius Peppers face shield for 10 days

Btw. We’ve played enough games to support no evidence of team to team spreading during a contest. I’ve not seen one outbreak happen that way. It’s ok to play it safe, but even i get a little crazy with the Isopropyl on my hip and the listerine rinse after close contact visit.
When I saw the bolded portion, I immediately thought of Jim Taylor infecting Butkus and the entire Bears defense had this covid mess happened 55-60 years ago. :)

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Well maybe that’s true about how they feel. I don’t see the evidence of people spreading it outdoors and I’m near positive that’s the least of our issues
First, you do realize that many teams play "indoors" each week right?

Second, to think that covid isn't spreading outdoors isn't paying close enough attention to the facts. While the transmission rate is lower in a well ventilated outdoor space, it still allows for transmission. If you think sitting shoulder to shoulder in a packed stadium is safe, just due to you being outside, keep those bottles of Isopropyl on your hip and the listerine rinse going.

Reaction score
There's no reason for science to lie.
Who do you think implements science, gathers science, filters and disseminates science?? Humans!
Humankind has been lying since the very beginning, so you’ll have to try that one with someone more gullible or lesser versed in getting screwed at every corner! Lol.

I’d even venture a bold statement. Here’s a dose of truth. Parts of Science are being used to misrepresent, trick, extort and cheat people every day. Why do you think people don’t trust one another or especially any governing body? Are we all wrong?

They told me in school that everyone believed the earth was flat before Columbus came along. I can show you several references to the earth being named spherical from over 2,000 years pre- Columbus. Entire cultures that already knew that! From different sources. There’s people from 2500 years ago far smarter than the average Joe today.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Just in watching the ESPN ticker during the Badger's HUGE semi final win over #1 Louisville, looks like a lot of NFL players are testing positive for Covid. Which makes sense, the whole country has seen a big spike in numbers.

The WFT has 21 on the covid list, 11 of which are starters.

Just saw that in the last 3 days, 100 are on the list. Yeah, this thing is over, the NFL needs to lighten up. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who do you think implements science, gathers science, filters and disseminates science?? Humans!
Humankind has been lying since the very beginning, so you’ll have to try that one with someone more gullible or lesser versed in getting screwed at every corner! Lol.

I’d even venture a bold statement. Here’s a dose of truth. Parts of Science are being used to misrepresent, trick, extort and cheat people every day. Why do you think people don’t trust one another or especially any governing body? Are we all wrong?

They told me that everyone believed the earth was flat before Columbus came along. I can show you several references to the earth being named spherical from over 2,000 years pre- Columbus. From different sources. There’s people from 2500 years ago far smarter than the average Joe today. They just like to think they’re smarter. Many scientists today are bordering on idiots compared to a thousand years ago. I know this hard for you to believe. But the truth does that.
Calm down, brother. You are making too much sense for the segment of society that lets whoever stick it up their behinds without asking questions.

Now they are admitting Johnson and Johnson vaccine is too dangerous to take. Well golly gee....

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I gotta give you credit with your half truths. Nobody said J&J is dangerous. What they said was that the other 2 are the preferred vaccines.

D

Deleted member 6794

That can also be misleading in Taking a small sample size of those games. If we delete their common opponent (Bears) both of us played?
Those 4 games Ravens have played Browns (2X) Dolphins, Steelers. The average ranked O they faced was:
21st in points
20th in yards

The Packers faced in that stretch the Offenses of Rams, Vikings, Seahawks, K.C. Their season O average?
11th in points
10th in yards

That’s a much better Offensive dynamic that GB faced there in the middle of the season. I think it’s fair to use the season average as no one remembers what they did over 1/4 season.
GB is Defensively.
7th in points and
6th in yards allowed

Baltimore is: Defensively
10th in points
18th in yards

Thank you for the update on Bakhiari that’s great news!
Crap. Just saw Kenny has Covid. We need Slaton to step it up.

I agree that opponents should be taken into consideration when talking about a four or five games stretch. Honestly, I was just too lazy to put in the work though ;)

Losing Clark evens the playing field on Sunday.

While losing Clark is going to hurt the Packers there's no doubt in my mind that Lamar either not being able to play or not being fully healthy is a far bigger deal.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
***dammit! The NFL changed covid restrictions today. If a player is vaccinated and tests positive, and in a day tests negative, that player can be activated.
Unfortunately, this does not go into effect until Monday. Clark will be out Sunday.

Edit to post the new protocols:
Once teams have cleared the enhanced protocols through the end of Week 15, the changes to COVID testing protocols will kick in. The biggest alteration is NFL players who test positive for COVID can now get back into their team facilities as quickly as one day later if they meet this standard: If a player has been previously vaccinated and is asymptomatic for a period of 24 hours, they need only one negative test and one negative rapid-result swab to return to team activities. Under this new guideline, players can also begin re-testing immediately following the 24-hour asymptomatic period. Previously, vaccinated players who tested positive for COVID could begin retesting only after a five-day period and required two negative test results.

Another key change: Players with a technically positive test can also return to the facility depending on how low their viral load is — which is measured by a “cycle threshold” or “CT” value. If a player’s CT value is 35 or higher, they could register as COVID positive but not be considered infectious. With that in mind, the league and union agreed on a threshold that will allow players to return to the team with CT values of 35 or higher on tests.

Last edited:

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
I agree that opponents should be taken into consideration when talking about a four or five games stretch. Honestly, I was just too lazy to put in the work though ;)
I don't disagree with this. In the same respect, the full data set shows what is possible. There is the saying, "get hot at the right time". It is a true cliché and the NFL has always been "what have you done for me lately". I think one can take a look at both and they tell a story. One of how a team is playing currently and one of what is possible. Regardless, it will get settled on the field. GPG!

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Back to football, reports are that Bahktiari is practicing in full pads and may play this week. If he actually plays this week, do we assume that it is Bahktiari at LT and Kelly at RT? With how Campen and Stenovich have coached players to train all down the line, is Yosh a better option at RT if he's able to make that switch?

OP
OP
Poppa San

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Back to football, reports are that Bahktiari is practicing in full pads and may play this week. If he actually plays this week, do we assume that it is Bahktiari at LT and Kelly at RT? With how Campen and Stenovich have coached players to train all down the line, is Yosh a better option at RT if he's able to make that switch?
I think they keep Yosh available in case Bakh isn't going the whole game. The way this season is going though Yosh will be in for an injured Kelly at some point.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think they keep Yosh available in case Bakh isn't going the whole game. The way this season is going though Yosh will be in for an injured Kelly at some point.
I agree, would hope Bakhtiari is on a "pitch count" and eases his way back into game shape. We know Nijman can be adequate at LT, the time to "experiment" him at RT is during OTA's/TC or out of sheer desperation.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One reason that the Packers have been so good on the offensive line all these years, is because of the cross-training that they do across positions. I don't know where Yosh has worked, hence my question. However, I wouldn't be surprised if he has gotten snaps on both sides over the years. If that's the case then I would hardly call it an experiment. It's getting your best five out on the line. Kelly is serviceable but got us killed against Tampa Bay last year.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
MLF stated in his press conference that Bakhtiari is out this week.
Not really too surprising, he has been on the active roster, so no real rush to get him back. I would love to see all the IR starters get back by the final 2 games (Vikings and Lions), that way they get some real snaps and ready for the playoffs.

Members online

Latest posts