Game 14 -- at Baltimore [pregame and post game thread]

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and when we need clark against the run he gets covid. what is the point of the vac....nvm!
To prevent severe illness, long covid and hospitalization as well as duration of illness which thus reduces possible spread. Nothing is perfect.

Reaction score
To prevent severe illness, long covid and hospitalization as well as duration of illness which thus reduces possible spread. Nothing is perfect.
I think he meant from the Football perspective. If everyone’s shotted, let them live a little kinda thing?
At least that’s how I took it and I agree and I’m shotted up.
We do what we can, but at some point it gets a little ridiculous also.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Never a good game to lose one of your best players, but I think this is one of those games with Kenny, we could shut down that run and win handily. Without? I think our offense will put enough pressure on their offense to bring them out of their strengths but it could get interesting.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he meant from the Football perspective. If everyone’s shotted, let them live a little kinda thing?
At least that’s how I took it and I agree and I’m shotted up.
We do what we can, but at some point it gets a little ridiculous also. I saw a guy yesterday alone in a car with this bulky mask on! It’s such a travesty how crazy this has gotten
It's definitely gone on longer than I anticipated too. Sometimes you wear the mask all the time if you're comfortable in it and you don't want to keep taking it off and putting it on. I know some people who get a facial rash from their mask, so they wear cotton and then a surgical outside that. It's a hassle to keep removing things and the vast majority of people can wear a mask for a long time without concern for harm.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Never a good game to lose one of your best players, but I think this is one of those games with Kenny, we could shut down that run and win handily. Without? I think our offense will put enough pressure on their offense to bring them out of their strengths but it could get interesting.
This is assuming Lamar plays, he is a game time decision and hasn't looked well. They have Freeman playing at RB and Latavius who are both in the later stages of their carreer. If we get up on them, as we should, they won't run and they'll be chucking to their burner Hollywood with a backup QB who may toss us some ints. I like our chances either way.

JKramer64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been hoping all week that the covid shoe wouldn't drop on the Packers. Losing Clark evens the playing field on Sunday. Hopefully, Lancaster and Slaton can pick up a little of the slack.

Covid is surging again and January is expected to be even worse as the new variant spreads. The team that wins the Super Bowl will be the one that can avoid losing too many key players to Covid.

Reaction score
It's definitely gone on longer than I anticipated too. Sometimes you wear the mask all the time if you're comfortable in it and you don't want to keep taking it off and putting it on. I know some people who get a facial rash from there mask, so they wear cotton and then a surgical outside that. It's a hassle to keep removing things and the vast majority of people can wear a mask for a long time without concern for harm.
That’s fine to each their own. However there should be a bigger disparity in letting vaccinated players play as long as they think they feel good. A reward of sorts.
Anyways they don’t care what I think.

I just don’t think Lamar is going to play. This is really risky for them if he Re-injured they’ll never forgive themselves. If this was the last game and for the Playoffs on the line? ok maybe let him play.
These Ravens are not as smart as I thought if they force him to play and he’s not near full health.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That’s fine to each their own. However there should be a bigger disparity in letting vaccinated players play as long as they think they feel good. A reward of sorts.
I guess you are referring to the "close proximity" part of the deal. Because if someone tests positive; it does not matter if they feel sick or not.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I just don’t think Lamar is going to play. This is really risky for them if he Re-injured they’ll never forgive themselves. If this was the last game and for the Playoffs on the line? ok maybe let him play.
These Ravens are not as smart as I thought if they force him to play and he’s not near full health.
You assume that Lamar may not push to play himself. I assume most NFL players or professional athletes will want to play given any opportunity to do so. It'll be a doctors call at the end of the day.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is assuming Lamar plays, he is a game time decision and hasn't looked well. They have Freeman playing at RB and Latavius who are both in the later stages of their carreer. If we get up on them, as we should, they won't run and they'll be chucking to their burner Hollywood with a backup QB who may toss us some ints. I like our chances either way.
problem is clark is our best pass rusher at the moment along with that other guy. question is who will matt put in, will it be a pass rusher or a good run D guy? So is Slaton up to the task to be superman or will he just try to stop the run?

Last edited:
Reaction score
problem is clark is our best pass rusher at the moment along with that other guy. question is who will matt put in, will it be a pass rusher or a good run D guy? So is Slaton up to the task to be superman or will he just try to stop the run?
Just noting: Interior Pass rusher.

Both Slaton and Lancaster have shown flashes of disruption, but Clark is one of those guys that can change the flow of the game from the inside out.
I still like our chances with Gary and Preston coming in from either side. It would’ve obviously been nice to get a push up the middle to create an uncomfortable pocket. We need our Edge players to ratchet it up!

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
However there should be a bigger disparity in letting vaccinated players play as long as they think they feel good. A reward of sorts.
IF you want covid to spread throughout the team, that would work. Just because they are vaccinated and feeling good, doesn't mean that they can't spread Covid to other players. If Clark played on Sunday, you can bet Raven players and well as many Packer players wouldn't be too excited about that policy come Wed. when they test positive.

Reaction score
IF you want covid to spread throughout the team, that would work. Just because they are vaccinated and feeling good, doesn't mean that they can't spread Covid to other players. If Clark played on Sunday, you can bet Raven players and well as many Packer players wouldn't be too excited about that policy come Wed. when they test positive.
Well maybe that’s true about how they feel. I don’t see the evidence of people spreading it outdoors and I’m near positive that’s the least of our issues. 2 players both vaccinated that are close contact for 20 sec at a time. Not a high risk there, not at least not according to the experts anyways. That’s never been a scenario mentioned by any health department official.
From what I’m seeing fans have been outside shoulder to shoulder and there’s no indication of major outbreaks traced to football stadiums thus far.
Could a singular infection happen? Sure. You could also walk in a public bathroom and get Covid after being in a stall for 6 minutes. Is it likely? Absolutely not, but more likely than playing an outdoor football game.
The rule for high risk has been inside AND 15+ minutes in close contact or groups of 10+ and that’s from scientists in the field. I’m 99% sure These guys are getting covid from close contact for excessive periods of time, INDOORS and in larger groups OR direct contact as in how we pass it inside our homes. Unless these vaccinated guys are sneezing and spitting in each others faces they are very, very low risk outdoors.
Make them wear a Julius Peppers face shield for 10 days

Btw. We’ve played enough games to support no evidence of team to team spreading during a contest. I’ve not seen one outbreak happen that way. It’s ok to play it safe, but even i get a little crazy with the Isopropyl on my hip and the listerine rinse after close contact visit.

Last edited:

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just noting: Interior Pass rusher.

Both Slaton and Lancaster have shown flashes of disruption, but Clark is one of those guys that can change the flow of the game from the inside out.
I still like our chances with Gary and Preston coming in from either side. It would’ve obviously been nice to get a push up the middle to create an uncomfortable pocket. We need our Edge players to ratchet it up!
If i were ravens it would make sense to let lamar play now. If he is good to go but still not 100%

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well maybe that’s true about how they feel. I don’t see the evidence of people spreading it outdoors and I’m near positive that’s the least of our issues. 2 players both vaccinated that are close contact for 20 sec at a time. Not a high risk there, not at least not according to the experts anyways. That’s never been a scenario mentioned by any health department official.
From what I’m seeing fans have been outside shoulder to shoulder and there’s no indication of major outbreaks traced to football stadiums thus far.
Could a singular infection happen? Sure. You could also walk in a public bathroom and get Covid after being in a stall for 6 minutes. Is it likely? Absolutely not, but more likely than playing an outdoor football game.
The rule for high risk has been inside AND 15+ minutes in close contact or groups of 10+ and that’s from scientists in the field. I’m 99% sure These guys are getting covid from close contact for excessive periods of time, INDOORS and in larger groups OR direct contact as in how we pass it inside our homes. Unless these vaccinated guys are sneezing and spitting in each others faces they are very, very low risk outdoors.
Or, we can have them abide by the agreements set forth between the NFL and the NFLPA prior to the start of the season and be happy we still have football.

Reaction score
Or, we can have them abide by the agreements set forth between the NFL and the NFLPA prior to the start of the season and be happy we still have football.
The NFL needs to stay up to date concerning health protocols with real time changes supported by real time information. If not, I’m not very impressed with their response to arguments on both sides.
This Putting your hands over your ears approach out of fear is concerning. I’m going to ask questions all day long because that’s what smart people do.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah... why continue to live inside a bubble while being paranoid even with this vaccine? "we got a vaccine and we want you to take it BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT...."

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green Bay by 10. With the Cardinals loss, they smell a trip to the big one, if the road leads through Lambeau Field. This one they should take, although it will be tough, until late in the game.

Just my opinion.

Reaction score
If i were ravens it would make sense to let lamar play now. If he is good to go but still not 100%
Sure. You just want him to get sacked! Lol
J/K ;)

Hey. Rodgers played with a torn calf. I suppose you could argue what’s the difference. On the flip side, if I recall there were direct playoff elimination implications for us, as in Win or go home. That’s not the case with this game and Lamar.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Btw. We’ve played enough games to support no evidence of team to team spreading during a contest. I’ve not seen one outbreak happen that way. It’s ok to play it safe, but even i get a little crazy with the Isopropyl on my hip and the listerine rinse after close contact visit.
Well said. No matter how many times you tell them it's going to fall on deaths ears. Asking questions or wanting answers is not allowed anymore in this country.

Reaction score
Well said. No matter how many times you tell them it's going to fall on deaths ears. Asking questions or wanting answers is not allowed anymore in this country.
The truth is normally somewhere in the middle.
All my/our lies, prognostications, propositions and allegations aside.. I just want to win this darn game. I’ll take a 1 point victory in OT if that’s what it takes!

Last edited:

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is only one truth. There's no reason for science to lie. The whole pro and con on the vaccines has been politicized. Nobody has been railing against typhoid vaccines, or polio vaccines. They're for the common good.

Yes, things change. They always do, even with science, as statistical information, and data is collected, they suggest modifications as to how to handle the situation. They aren't issuing any suggestions that are cut in stone, except the fact that there is supporting data that your chances of dying from this damned thing are far less if you're vaccinated.

Another thing you need to consider. Roughly 75% of the people who have died so far are over 65 years of age. That should be reason enough to avoid catching it as much as humanly possible.

Just my opinion.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just saw Kenny has Covid.
***dammit! The NFL changed covid restrictions today. If a player is vaccinated and tests positive, and in a day tests negative, that player can be activated.

Last edited: