First Players Who Must Be Shown The Door At The End Of The Season

GB2016

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HaHa has played pretty bad this year. He plays way too deep and to make things worse he doesn't seem to have any instinct on where the balls going and making a break towards it. I've seen him several times breaking to the opposite side of the field form where the ball was being thrown...almost like he wanted to avoid any contact.

Also, as far as his pro bowl year, his interceptions were up but not because of good play, just good luck! They were up when QB's made horrible throws so far over the intended receivers head that they ended up in no mans land...exactly where HaHa plays. He doesn't play like a real free safety that can come down hill and make the receivers pay or better yet be intimidated form him. I've been critical of him all year when we were doing good and even more critical now because our defense is exposed.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
agreed. i don't think he'd start for ANYONE. in fact, i don't think he'll even be in football after this season.

Not to mention the TD passes he threw against Chicago and Cleveland happened cuz somebody left the WR completely alone, and our TDs against Tampa Bay were on the RBs and defense.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only people that I would keep on the defense is Kenny Clark Mike Daniels and perhaps Martinez and Burnett but Everyone literally could go and I wouldn’t care... everyone one else sucks unless it’s all scheme based right now which could be... so let’s see what happens cuz the personal we have had so far has blown as long as I have been a fan lol

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m also gonna disagree on the whole Jordy thing that he lost it... what he lost was Rodgers.. he barely seen the ball and when he did it was ten feet above his head or at his feet... I think u shouldn’t jump to quick on one bad season cuz he was putting up numbers before Rodgers went down... he is the Fitzgerald to Green Bay I agree that he needs to restructure his deal but I think he takes that discount.. plus even at 33 he is 1000000x better than Trevor Davis Janis or whoever else out there trying to snag balls... Jordy is getting 1000yds next year as well as Adams.. mark my words gents!

shockerx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
jordy would roughly project out 14 TDs right now with rodgers....that would lead the league for WR. had 6 TDs when 12 went down.

r

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
However Jordy has perfomed this year, he seems to have a special connection with Rodgers, and that's worth keeping him around IMO.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
agreed. i don't think he'd start for ANYONE. in fact, i don't think he'll even be in football after this season.

But let's remember, McCarthy said that Hundley had been in their system for years and that he was ready! So, obviously, if such a terrific head coach believes that, then it's the GAME that doesn't understand how ready Hundley truly is. Hundley doesn't need to be shown the door, the rules need to be altered to allow his true greatness to shine through!

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But let's remember, McCarthy said that Hundley had been in their system for years and that he was ready!
McCarthy likes to talk big, and usually Rodgers bails him out. Obviously he couldn't here.
Seriously though, I like McCarthy's hubris. He likes to say the Packers are nobody's underdog. Going into the last Super Bowl we won, he said this was "our time". Then there's the story about how he had the team fitted for Super Bowl rings beforehand. He likes to show confidence in his athletes, and that seems to work out more often that not.

ShockwaveRider

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jordy Nelson in my opinion looks disenchanted with football. I don't think its fun anymore to him.

I agree with this 100%.

There again, how much fun can it be to run routes play after play after play and never even have a ball thrown your way?

Running the slant for 5 yards only to get hammered? (And not in the fun way neither.)

I think playing with AR is what made the game fun for JN. Being given the opportunity to make big plays, incredible catches, win championships.

I'd think running your routes play after play after play and never even being involved in the game would rather SUCK.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McCarthy likes to talk big, and usually Rodgers bails him out. Obviously he couldn't here.
Seriously though, I like McCarthy's hubris. He likes to say the Packers are nobody's underdog. Going into the last Super Bowl we won, he said this was "our time". Then there's the story about how he had the team fitted for Super Bowl rings beforehand. He likes to show confidence in his athletes, and that seems to work out more often that not.

If only he showed any inclination to run a modern NFL offense...

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
However Jordy has perfomed this year, he seems to have a special connection with Rodgers, and that's worth keeping him around IMO.

Yeah, he's getting older no doubt and he may not be exploding past defenders the way he used to, but there are many WRs who were like that late in their careers and the OC still found a role for them. I believe Jordy could do the same.

What I think is imperative is for our younger guys like Gmo to start complimenting Adams with more explosive plays. If we can fill that void, I think we got something to show opponents come 2018.

Other guy I'm on the fence about is Montgomery. He looked like he was starting to pick it up and look like the guy last year before he got lost for the season, but the problem is that's two times he's gone down for the season in his career, and right now if I had to pick, I'd go with Aaron Jones over him the way he's been busting through defenders.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What I think is imperative is for our younger guys like Gmo to start complimenting Adams with more explosive plays. If we can fill that void, I think we got something to show opponents come 2018.

Other guy I'm on the fence about is Montgomery. He looked like he was starting to pick it up and look like the guy last year before he got lost for the season, but the problem is that's two times he's gone down for the season in his career, and right now if I had to pick, I'd go with Aaron Jones over him the way he's been busting through defenders.
I'm concerned about the offense being affected by the heavy emphasis on defense in the draft for the past several years. We need another weapon or two.

I would definitely prefer a running back tandem of of Williams and Jones. Maybe they can use Montgomery as a sort of hybrid, but I don't want to see him as RB over the other two.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I doubt the Packers organization is going to make any knee jerk reactions concerning Jordy or Cobb after a season like this (AR injury). While it would be nice to restructure both into cheaper 3 year deals, I don't see anyone besides Adams that can carry either one of their Jockstraps. So unless the Packers get busy in Free Agency and sign a legit WR, Jordy and Cobb should be back and with AR back behind center, both should have much better 2018 seasons.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would keep all the defensive players. Want to see how much better they play for the new DC.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm concerned about the offense being affected by the heavy emphasis on defense in the draft for the past several years. We need another weapon or two.

I would definitely prefer a running back tandem of of Williams and Jones. Maybe they can use Montgomery as a sort of hybrid, but I don't want to see him as RB over the other two.

Well, hopefully Ted had a revelation that his offense still has wheels loose if Aaron doesn't finish out a season. Time to bulk up that TE position again and get T. Davis's replacement. He's been a dud on offense and ST.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, hopefully Ted had a revelation that his offense still has wheels loose if Aaron doesn't finish out a season. Time to bulk up that TE position again and get T. Davis's replacement. He's been a dud on offense and ST.
Davis is nothing... anybody can fill in and match what he does...

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Davis is nothing... anybody can fill in and match what he does...

his poor decision making on punt returns never did improve. Even up till the last game he was fair catching line drive punts with nobody around him where he easily gets straight up field and has a chance to bust one, and also fair catching them inside the 5 yard line, AGAIN.

Then to top it off, one of the better long balls I think i've seen Hundley throw and he doesn't even make an attempt. Nothing, was terrible effort and who really gives a **** if you can get open down the field if you can't make a damn play on the ball? It's like ******* without nipples, pointless. He hasn't shown growth to me in this year. I'd much rather pay Cobb and Jordy, who let's face it is overpaid now, but was very underpaid for a number of years too, than try and promote some of these younger guys in the offense.

shockerx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah math says 18 TDs for 16 came season, i just took a little off, but Jordy can and will remain leader in TDs for pack next year...hes greater threat in RZ than Gronk. the numbers say so. He stays.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
his poor decision making on punt returns never did improve. Even up till the last game he was fair catching line drive punts with nobody around him where he easily gets straight up field and has a chance to bust one, and also fair catching them inside the 5 yard line, AGAIN.

Sometimes those decisions have been so bad, I wonder if Zook or MM told them to fair catch whatever comes their way? If that is the case, they are really missing a guy like Micah Hyde who although not a blazing returner, seemed to make good decisions.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Then to top it off, one of the better long balls I think i've seen Hundley throw and he doesn't even make an attempt. Nothing, was terrible effort and who really gives a **** if you can get open down the field if you can't make a damn play on the ball? It's like ******* without nipples, pointless. He hasn't shown growth to me in this year. I'd much rather pay Cobb and Jordy, who let's face it is overpaid now, but was very underpaid for a number of years too, than try and promote some of these younger guys in the offense.
Yeah I hear ya usually they hit on receivers in the second rd of the draft hell in every pick the second rd lol but I agree Davis and is a waste and Janis is nothing but a ST who I think has the potential to be good I think Rodgers just don’t like him lol

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Yeah I hear ya usually they hit on receivers in the second rd of the draft hell in every pick the second rd lol but I agree Davis and is a waste and Janis is nothing but a ST who I think has the potential to be good I think Rodgers just don’t like him lol

2nd round seems to be the round for TT to find good WR's in Green Bay....

1. Davante Adams (#53)
  2. Randall Cobb (#64)
  3. Jordy Nelson (#36)
  4. Greg Jennings (#52)
Terrence Murphy (#58) was the only "bust" and who knows how he would have turned out had it not been for a spine injury that ended his career after only 3 games.

Too bad the Packers couldn't have traded up one more spot in 2016 and grabbed Michael Thomas, instead of trading up and getting Spriggs one pick later.

I would be surprised if Janis was in Green Bay (playing football) next year. I think his lack of playing time at WR goes well beyond "Rodgers not liking him. Even during Rogers absence, his lack of snaps is a pretty good indicator of just how confident coaches are in him at WR at this point in his career. As far as his special teams work, that appears to be not so special anymore.

Last edited:

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2nd round seems to be the round for TT to find good WR's in Green Bay....

1. Davante Adams (#53)
  2. Randall Cobb (#64)
  3. Jordy Nelson (#36)
  4. Greg Jennings (#52)
Terrence Murphy (#58) was the only "bust" and who knows how he would have turned out had it not been for a spine injury that ended his career after only 3 games.

Too bad the Packers couldn't have traded up one more spot in 2016 and grabbed Michael Thomas, instead of trading up and getting Spriggs one pick later.

I would be surprised if Janis was in Green Bay (playing football) next year. I think his lack of playing time at WR goes well beyond "Rodgers not liking him. Even during Rogers absence, his lack of snaps is a pretty good indicator of just how confident coaches are in him at WR at this point in his career. As far as his special teams work, that appears to be not so special anymore.
Right! I do rmbr Murphy he was good on madden at kick returner lol but honestly WR is not a big concern to me.. obviously talent good but if ur position is receiver u should be good adjust ur strength and skills to the games with experience especially with Rodgers throwing the ball we have had good receivers as long as I can rmbr whoever goes whoever comes I ain’t to worried about it.. look at Allison he is solid I think it’s tome to move on from Janis and Davis admit the picks and experience is over they hold on to too much hope in draft picks especially on defense if someone sucks move on get someone else keep it going like I said before our defense is terrible I dunno if it’s scheme or personal but the only people on defense that I care that stays are Clark Daniels Martinez and Burnett everyone else could go I wouldn’t care I know that’s a bold statement but when u have been so bad for so long something has got to give

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Right! I do rmbr Murphy he was good on madden at kick returner lol but honestly WR is not a big concern to me.. obviously talent good but if ur position is receiver u should be good adjust ur strength and skills to the games with experience especially with Rodgers throwing the ball we have had good receivers as long as I can rmbr whoever goes whoever comes I ain’t to worried about it.. look at Allison he is solid I think it’s tome to move on from Janis and Davis admit the picks and experience is over they hold on to too much hope in draft picks especially on defense if someone sucks move on get someone else keep it going like I said before our defense is terrible I dunno if it’s scheme or personal but the only people on defense that I care that stays are Clark Daniels Martinez and Burnett everyone else could go I wouldn’t care I know that’s a bold statement but when u have been so bad for so long something has got to give

Resigning Adams helps at WR. But with an aging Jordy and people screaming Cobb is being overpaid, who else do we have? Allison is hot and cold. When going through the list of all of TT's drafts and the WR's picked, besides James Jones (3rd round), I couldn't find one that amounted to much after the 2nd round. Why keep wasting mid to late round pics on guy like Davis, Yancey, Dupre, Abby, Janis, Johnson, Dorsey, Swain, Rodgers (Cory), Bragg?

Might be the year for TT or whoever the GM is to bite the bullet and use a first or second rounder on another weapon for AR.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts