Top 10 Players The Packers Must Trade Out Of Here Before The Deadline

H

HardRightEdge

Seriously, we got a RT problem to solve since our dumb GM didn't wise up and get a new one in the draft. Pretty sure someone's got a useful one they'd give us for making Graham a backup TE.
Nobody's perfect.

With Isaiah Wynn going to IR (2018 1st. round pick, 1.2 games played in two seasons after missing all of last season on IR), the Patriot's starting left tackle the last 3 weeks has been none other than Marshall Newhouse. While Newhouse's performance against the Bills did not sink to the level of Alex Light, it was not pretty, kinda pretty ugly. And that's on the blind side.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nobody's perfect.

With Isaiah Wynn going to IR (2018 1st. round pick, 1.2 games played in two seasons after missing all of last season on IR), the Patriot's starting left tackle the last 3 weeks has been none other than Marshall Newhouse. While Newhouse's performance against the Bills did not sink to the level of Alex Light, it was not pretty, kinda pretty ugly. And that's on the blind side.

Well, I'll be curious to see how long Bellichek puts up with an OLman if he can't get on the field.

My problem is over the last 6 or 7 years it's been the same damn thing with Bulaga, so I say enough is enough. OLmen who can't finish seasons are useless.

H

HardRightEdge

Well, I'll be curious to see how long Bellichek puts up with an OLman if he can't get on the field.

My problem is over the last 6 or 7 years it's been the same damn thing with Bulaga, so I say enough is enough. OLmen who can't finish seasons are useless.
Well, we would have guessed if Bulaga was going down it would have been a hip or knee issue. The shoulder is something new I believe. In any case, he was a limited participant in practice yesterday, which is an indication he'll be playing Sunday.

Getting shelved with two games to go last season may have had as much to do with being out of playoff contention as it was the severity of the injury. Otherwise, maybe it would have been a game or two off and back for the playoffs.

You'll probably get your wish this offseason with Bulaga in his contract year where you'll be looking for a starter and depth if Light gets more snaps like the ones he had last week. That will be hard to do given the high price of OTs even on the right side.

This is multi-year roster rebuilding project. Defense was the emphasis this year. You can't replace every every underperforming, aging or injury-prone suspect all at once. Rome was not rebuilt in a day.

Reaction score
I’m not fond of Graham either, but for better or worse, that decision was made. Looks like MLF is willing to use Lewis as more than a blocker, and Tonyan has potential if he were targeted. Bottom line, it’s a below average TE group that were probably stuck with for this season.
We spent pick #75 on Jace for a reason. He’s got a ton of potential. Hopefully he’ll be back practicing in a couple weeks.
While Graham is obviously out to a slow start, don’t count him out yet. While we won’t get our $10M out of him this season, he likely will repeat his yardage from 2018 but with a few more TDs.

We’ve got more TE potential than we’re showing, this new system is hindering early season production, but I have faith that our games 9-16 will show some marked improvement, possibly before that.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, we would have guessed if Bulaga was going down it would have been a hip or knee issue. The shoulder is something new I believe. In any case, he was a limited participant in practice yesterday, which is an indication he'll be playing Sunday.

Getting shelved with two games to go last season may have had as much to do with being out of playoff contention as it was the severity of the injury. Otherwise, maybe it would have been a game or two off and back for the playoffs.

You'll probably get your wish this offseason with Bulaga in his contract year where you'll be looking for a starter and depth if Light gets more snaps like the ones he had last week. That will be hard to do given the high price of OTs even on the right side.

This is multi-year roster rebuilding project. Defense was the emphasis this year. You can't replace every every underperforming, aging or injury-prone suspect all at once. Rome was not rebuilt in a day.
I admire your dedication in trying to bring some common sense to the hysteria.

D

Deleted member 6794

Our current TEs aren't too good at either

True, but Richard Rodgers wouldn't be an upgrade. There's a reason he's currently not on a roster.

I'd take Richard Rodgers over Graham right now in a heart beat

While Graham definitely hasn't performed up to his contract he's a better player than Rodgers.

One player who should've been traded while he was worth anything in the off season is Fackrell. It would've been nice to see Gute get anything in return for his fluke 10 sacks last year.

Agreed, that should have happened in the offseason though when his value was higher.

Bulaga will most likely play on Sunday, so it might be smart to relax a bit.

Reaction score
True, but Richard Rodgers wouldn't be an upgrade. There's a reason he's currently not on a roster.

While Graham definitely hasn't performed up to his contract he's a better player than Rodgers.

I think we can agree to disagree on that one lol

I'd argue JG is only on a roster because of his name.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. True, but Richard Rodgers wouldn't be an upgrade. There's a reason he's currently not on a roster.

2. While Graham definitely hasn't performed up to his contract he's a better player than Rodgers.

3. Bulaga will most likely play on Sunday, so it might be smart to relax a bit.

1. Against the wishes of Aaron Rodgers

2. In 2013 this would be true. In 2019 .... HELL NOOO!!!!

3. Even so, he'd better not miss any more significant time this season or if I'm the Packers front office, I say NO DEAL for 2020. Hell even without another injury, I would not pay him.

3 WRs, RT, and a healthy no injury history ILB must be 2020 priorities.

D

Deleted member 6794

1. Against the wishes of Aaron Rodgers

I don't remember Aaron advocated for keeping Richard on the roster.

2. In 2013 this would be true. In 2019 .... HELL NOOO!!!!

Graham isn't an elite tight end anymore but he's still better than Rodgers.

3. Even so, he'd better not miss any more significant time this season or if I'm the Packers front office, I say NO DEAL for 2020. Hell even without another injury, I would not pay him.

I'm not in favor of re-signing Bulaga after this season but hopefully he will be able to stay healthy to protect Rodgers for the rest of 2019.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't remember Aaron advocated for keeping Richard on the roster.

Graham isn't an elite tight end anymore but he's still better than Rodgers.

I'm not in favor of re-signing Bulaga after this season but hopefully he will be able to stay healthy to protect Rodgers for the rest of 2019.

1. May have just been a rumor, but word circulated in my understanding that AR wanted to keep RR's role in the offense active

2. I really don't know what on God's great earth would lead anyone to think that with Graham's catastrophic game losing drops and inability to break tackles or be a vertical threat that he is better than RR.

3. Finally something we agree on, and Mark Murphy had better make sure Gute doesn't do it in 2020.

D

Deleted member 6794

I really don't know what on God's great earth would lead anyone to think that with Graham's catastrophic game losing drops and inability to break tackles or be a vertical threat that he is better than RR.

For some perspective, Graham had 61 receiving yards vs. the Eagles. Rodgers exceeded that number in only three games during his career.

Reaction score
That drop Graham had in the end zone last week (where he tried to one hand it when he should not have)......................... RR catches that ball. TAKE THAT TO THE BANK!

D

Deleted member 6794

That drop Graham had in the end zone last week (where he tried to one hand it when he should not have)......................... RR catches that ball. TAKE THAT TO THE BANK!

Graham dropping one ball doesn't result in Rodgers being a better tight end though.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I gotta say though, that Burks guy has so far been a nothing burger even when getting meaningful action. So we do gotta put him on the outbound list soon if he doesn't start making tackles or getting picks.

I'll say even Tonyan did look a little better on that one route he ran in Sunday's game right before he went down. Wonder if he's been back at full participation in practice yet.

Reaction score
I gotta say though, that Burks guy has so far been a nothing burger even when getting meaningful action. So we do gotta put him on the outbound list soon if he doesn't start making tackles.
???

Of ALL Packer players who have played at least 1 snap on the Offense OR Defense, Only Evan Baylis
(1 total snap for the season) has played less than Oren. How could you make that “meaningful action” determination on a guy who’s played 3% of the total snaps at D and it didn’t even happen until after a somewhat serious injury?

Members online

Latest posts