Top 10 Players The Packers Must Trade Out Of Here Before The Deadline

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm certain there are 100+ articles on the breakdown of draft pick success/failures, this is just one. Anyone care to breakdown the Packer's picks since Ron Wolf (I don't have the time or inclination)?

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2017/4/12/15274148/most-nfl-draft-picks-are-busts

Using their #'s only 20% of picks are considered Good, Great & Legendary... which leaves 80% to be Average, Poor or Useless.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was a little harsh. Don't you think?

I got no use for lazy cancerous players polluting Lambeau Field and stinking to high heaven.

Trevor Davis was just simply another cancer that was dragging this team down like Martellus Bennett and the most toxic player in Packer history, Brett Hundley.

There's nothing wrong with piling on a player who deservedly gets kicked out the door. It's not the fans' fault, it's the player's fault.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trevor Davis was toxic? Brett Hundley was toxic? Your credibility is just all but salvageable at this point.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trevor Davis was toxic? Brett Hundley was toxic? Your credibility is just all but salvageable at this point.
no it’s not... and he knows it. He hasn’t had any credibility in here in quite some time which is why I believe he now tries to say the most inflammatory things he can think of ... just to get the attention.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score

YES, he was toxic. He was a proven locker room malcontent who did worse things than Odell Beckham Jr. He deserves to be in the unemployment line begging for food stamps.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A 3 page google search shows nothing of Hundley being an issue with the locker room, but I'll let you make your case.

Macho Man Savage

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here are our PAC 12 picks between 2012 and 2017:
Nick Perry (1st)
Datone Jones (1st)
David Bakhtiari (4th)
Johnathan Franklin (4th)
Richard Rodgers (3rd)
Carl Bradford (4th)
Damarious Randall (1st)
Ty Montgomery (3rd)
Brett Hundley (5th)
Kenny Clark (1st)
Blake Martinez (4th)
Trevor Davis (5th)
Kyle Murphy (6th)

Besides Bakhtiari, Clark, and Martinez, there were alot of misses. In a 6 year span, they drafted 4 PAC12 guys in the 1st rd.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Nick Perry (1st)
Datone Jones (1st)
David Bakhtiari (4th)
Johnathan Franklin (4th)
Richard Rodgers (3rd)
Carl Bradford (4th)
Damarious Randall (1st)
Ty Montgomery (3rd)
Brett Hundley (5th)
Kenny Clark (1st)
Blake Martinez (4th)
Trevor Davis (5th)
Kyle Murphy (6th)

Besides Bakhtiari, Clark, and Martinez, there were alot of misses. In a 6 year span, they drafted 4 PAC12 guys in the 1st rd.

Perry was good, but fragile. He had about a 5 year period of effectiveness, during which he struggled to stay on the field. That has nothing to do with conference.

Datone Jones was a bust.

Bakhtiari was a home run.

Johnathan Franklin had to retire early with a neck injury. Again-- nothing to do with conference.

Rodgers was "meh" for a 3rd round pick. Not a bust or a hit.

Carl Bradford was a miss.

Randall obviously had all the ability to match the pick. He's a head case-- again, nothing to do with conference.

Montgomery, like Rodgers, wasn't really a hit or a bust for the round in which he went.

Hundley, for being a 5th round pick, was fine. Compare him to other QB's drafted in the 5th.

Kenny Clark was a home run.

Blake Martinez was a home run for the 4th round.

Trevor Davis was fine as a 5th round pick.

Kyle Murphy was a miss, but most 6th round picks are misses.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nick Perry (1st)
Datone Jones (1st)
David Bakhtiari (4th)
Johnathan Franklin (4th)
Richard Rodgers (3rd)
Carl Bradford (4th)
Damarious Randall (1st)
Ty Montgomery (3rd)
Brett Hundley (5th)
Kenny Clark (1st)
Blake Martinez (4th)
Trevor Davis (5th)
Kyle Murphy (6th)

Most mid-late round picks are misses.

Perry wasn't bad, he just couldn't stay healthy. Hard to predict those things. I struggle calling him a bust.

Jones was a bust.

R. Rodgers wasn't a great pick, it was a "need" pick, but he played in the league for quite a while.

Franklin got hurt, but he was good.

Randall was not a bust or a miss. That was just roster mismanagement.

Clark, obviously, great.

The rest, it's a mid to late round pick. You ain't gonna bat perfect.

I don't think the Pac-12 does any better/worse than other conferences.

Macho Man Savage

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Perry was good, but fragile. He had about a 5 year period of effectiveness, during which he struggled to stay on the field. That has nothing to do with conference.

Datone Jones was a bust.

Bakhtiari was a home run.

Johnathan Franklin had to retire early with a neck injury. Again-- nothing to do with conference.

Rodgers was "meh" for a 3rd round pick. Not a bust or a hit.

Carl Bradford was a miss.

Randall obviously had all the ability to match the pick. He's a head case-- again, nothing to do with conference.

Montgomery, like Rodgers, wasn't really a hit or a bust for the round in which he went.

Hundley, for being a 5th round pick, was fine. Compare him to other QB's drafted in the 5th.

Kenny Clark was a home run.

Blake Martinez was a home run for the 4th round.

Trevor Davis was fine as a 5th round pick.

Kyle Murphy was a miss, but most 6th round picks are misses.
Most mid-late round picks are misses.

Perry wasn't bad, he just couldn't stay healthy. Hard to predict those things. I struggle calling him a bust.

Jones was a bust.

R. Rodgers wasn't a great pick, it was a "need" pick, but he played in the league for quite a while.

Franklin got hurt, but he was good.

Randall was not a bust or a miss. That was just roster mismanagement.

Clark, obviously, great.

The rest, it's a mid to late round pick. You ain't gonna bat perfect.

I don't think the Pac-12 does any better/worse than other conferences.
My point in referencing all those draft picks wasn't to say that the PAC12 doesn't have talent. I was trying to point out that it seemed like we drafted an abnormally high # of players from the PAC12 that didn't work out - Meaning that our west coast scouts had trouble identifying talent. Mainly the 1st rd picks. Only 1 of the 4 1st round picks is still on the roster. Not good.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My point in referencing all those draft picks wasn't to say that the PAC12 doesn't have talent. I was trying to point out that it seemed like we drafted an abnormally high # of players from the PAC12 that didn't work out - Meaning that our west coast scouts had trouble identifying talent. Mainly the 1st rd picks. Only 1 of the 4 1st round picks is still on the roster. Not good.
Outside of Datone, every one of them had an average to better than average showing in the NFL for where they were drafted compared to the rest.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Or . . . 2 of our best first round picks ever, Aaron Rodgers and Kenny Clark, shows our west coast scouts were the best.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I think what some may forget is that if you build a roster primarily through the draft, every pick whether it's early or late rounds counts. Hence why duds like Hundley and Davis cannot be let off the hook for their performance because while certain fans here expect nothing out of them, Ted Thompson was expecting huge things when he drafted them.

Either way, at least Gute is sending them the message that he has no tolerance for garbage on his field. Got rid of a few bad apples, now just need to add Lane Taylor onto that trade block.

Macho Man Savage

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Or . . . 2 of our best first round picks ever, Aaron Rodgers and Kenny Clark, shows our west coast scouts were the best.
Aaron Rodgers was drafted back in 2005. Back in those days we were hitting on a higher % of picks IMO. I was referring to the years when we started to lose front office evaluators like Dorsey, Schneider, McKenzie, etc. It seems like that's when things started to go down hill from a talent evaluation standpoint. Given the high % of players we picked from the PAC12 from 2012 - 2017, I think it's safe to assume that TT had alot of trust in his west coast scouts.

Last edited:

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I doubt they go for it, but if we were ever going to trade Jimmy, we could possibly get a 5th if the Redskins feel like their options are shallow for a TE. Vernon Davis is hot/cold to say the least. I'd like to see how Jimmy performs today and maybe the next game if he can remain somewhat healthy. But this could be a deal we entice them with down the stretch close to the deadline.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

I doubt they go for it, but if we were ever going to trade Jimmy, we could possibly get a 5th if the Redskins feel like their options are shallow for a TE. Vernon Davis is hot/cold to say the lease. I'd like to see how Jimmy performs today and maybe the next game if he can remain somewhat healthy. But this could be a deal we entice them with down the stretch close to the deadline.

In total, the Packers would actually take an additional cap hit by trading Graham at this point. Not gonna happen.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I rest my case on getting rid of Mr Injury Liability Bulaga.

Take it to the bank that he will never ever have a healthy season. He must be replaced forever once this season ends.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe we could get Julio Jones and AJ Green thrown in as well....

Seriously, we got a RT problem to solve since our dumb GM didn't wise up and get a new one in the draft. Pretty sure someone's got a useful one they'd give us for making Graham a backup TE.

Members online

Latest posts