Favre > Rodgers > Love

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eerie similarities and time to move on from Rodgers I think.

Rodgers
- Prior to 07 he looked TERRIBLE - horrible mechanics, broke his foot, injury prone, slow
- breakout game replacing Favre, looked like a completely different athlete/player - polished vs a GOOD Cowboys team on the ROAD (I believe also Primetime/Thursday night)
- stalwart LT, Clifton near end of his career
- dynamic HB, Grant, to ease burden - although Grant is not the receiver that AJ is
- Jennings, Jones - good young WR duo to build around (Nelson came later)
- basically number 2 TE journeymen, Donald Lee I think
- 07 to 2010 Packers had a better D, although talent level is arguably the same

Love
- Prior to 22 he looked TERRIBLE - slow throwing motion, bad release point, back foot throws, no accuracy
- tonight's game vs Eagles, looked completely different - polished, much more technically sounds vs a GOOD Eagles team on the ROAD (Primetime on Sunday night)
- stalwart LT, Bahktiari near end of his career
- dynamic HB, Jones, to ease burden - AJ is better than Grant for sure
- Watson, Doubs - good young WR duo to build around - I liked Jennings, but Watson is BY FAR the best physical specimen/athlete due to his size/speed combo
- Tonyan is NOT a #1 TE, more of a good number 2 TE
- 07 to 2010 Packers had a better D

I guess we will just have to see what Love can do. I know ST's played a role last year against the 49ers, but I consider AR an overall playoff choker. 2014/Seahawks and 2020/Bucs are games we should have won as well where we forced opposing QBs, Wilson and TB, into multiple interceptions that should have been converted into points. If those were, there is no "finger pointing" against onside kicks (2014) or play calling (2020)....

Rodgers choked.

D

Deleted member 6794

Love played really well against the Eagles last night but you need to consider they tried to prevent big plays opening up some throwing lanes for him. With Rodgers having suffered another injury I'm looking forward to seeing Love start vs. the Bears on Sunday.

I guess we will just have to see what Love can do. I know ST's played a role last year against the 49ers, but I consider AR an overall playoff choker. 2014/Seahawks and 2020/Bucs are games we should have won as well where we forced opposing QBs, Wilson and TB, into multiple interceptions that should have been converted into points.

A lot of fans don't realize how special that Seahawks defense was in 2014. It was extremely tough to score against them. Rodgers wasn't one of the main reasons the Packers lost to the Bucs in 2020 at all.

OP
OP
kevans74

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A lot of fans don't realize how special that Seahawks defense was in 2014. It was extremely tough to score against them. Rodgers wasn't one of the main reasons the Packers lost to the Bucs in 2020 at all.
I disagree. You gotta do what you gotta do to win the game. Make plays, make it happen

He didn't

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Never been a Rogers fan IMO he’s a talented QB who is full of himself, under achieves in big games, throws teamates under the bus and has become a HUGE drama queen. Time to part on OUR terms vs getting used by him (again). We should have done it LAST year. so I’m ready to move on.

Reaction score
Never been a Rogers fan IMO he’s a talented QB who is full of himself, under achieves in big games, throws teamates under the bus and has become a HUGE drama queen. Time to part on OUR terms vs getting used by him (again). We should have done it LAST year. so I’m ready to move on.
Once he moved to Mexifornia (the land of fruits and nuts) he went off the deep end.
He just seems dishonest with everything, like getting the covid shot, and not let anyone know
about his broken thumb until months later.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I don`t care who`s pet project who is, they are/were Packer players.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I always find the how and why interesting when people choose to word things a certain way. Why would Gute want Love to look like **** and fail? so some fans can feel smart because they never liked him?

Of course he wants him to be good, it's kind of why they picked him in the first place LOL. Every draft pick is a project, pets? I'm not so sure about that, but to each his own I guess LOL

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I always find the how and why interesting when people choose to word things a certain way. Why would Gute want Love to look like **** and fail? so some fans can feel smart because they never liked him?

Of course he wants him to be good, it's kind of why they picked him in the first place LOL. Every draft pick is a project, pets? I'm not so sure about that, but to each his own I guess LOL
Couldn't agree more. A GM wants every draft pic every year to succeed.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eerie similarities and time to move on from Rodgers I think.

Rodgers
- Prior to 07 he looked TERRIBLE - horrible mechanics, broke his foot, injury prone, slow
- breakout game replacing Favre, looked like a completely different athlete/player - polished vs a GOOD Cowboys team on the ROAD (I believe also Primetime/Thursday night)
- stalwart LT, Clifton near end of his career
- dynamic HB, Grant, to ease burden - although Grant is not the receiver that AJ is
- Jennings, Jones - good young WR duo to build around (Nelson came later)
- basically number 2 TE journeymen, Donald Lee I think
- 07 to 2010 Packers had a better D, although talent level is arguably the same

Love
- Prior to 22 he looked TERRIBLE - slow throwing motion, bad release point, back foot throws, no accuracy
- tonight's game vs Eagles, looked completely different - polished, much more technically sounds vs a GOOD Eagles team on the ROAD (Primetime on Sunday night)
- stalwart LT, Bahktiari near end of his career
- dynamic HB, Jones, to ease burden - AJ is better than Grant for sure
- Watson, Doubs - good young WR duo to build around - I liked Jennings, but Watson is BY FAR the best physical specimen/athlete due to his size/speed combo
- Tonyan is NOT a #1 TE, more of a good number 2 TE
- 07 to 2010 Packers had a better D

I guess we will just have to see what Love can do. I know ST's played a role last year against the 49ers, but I consider AR an overall playoff choker. 2014/Seahawks and 2020/Bucs are games we should have won as well where we forced opposing QBs, Wilson and TB, into multiple interceptions that should have been converted into points. If those were, there is no "finger pointing" against onside kicks (2014) or play calling (2020)....

Rodgers choked.

I love that Rodgers put up 26 points against the best defense in the league in 2020, with an offense that lost it's best running back in the first half, was missing the best LT in the league, and featured one good receiver and HE'S the choker. Says more about those complaining than it does about Rodgers' actual performance.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Gets weird when people complain about the same things every other prima-donna QB does but they only really watch their team so it becomes some huge issue. Every great QB does the same stuff. I live in Tampa, you think Brady doesn't whine at receivers constantly?

As for the bad news? Unless Rodgers mysteriously wants to give up on $50 million, you're going to be stuck watch the best QB in NFL history whine on your team for another year (just like he did the past two MVP seasons you're so tired of). There's no chance the Packers are going to take a $90 million cap hit over two seasons just to cut a guy who, with five working fingers and one good receiver, just won back-to-back MVPs.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love played really well against the Eagles last night but you need to consider they tried to prevent big plays opening up some throwing lanes for him. With Rodgers having suffered another injury I'm looking forward to seeing Love start vs. the Bears on Sunday.

Did anyone notice how good the line blocked for Love? That's the first time he played where the line was actually competent. I think people forget that when he played the Chiefs..he was thrown in on short notice..had a terrible line in front of him. I think Davante was out and Jones too as well as Tonyan? The chiefs also sent the house at him EVERY play.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gets weird when people complain about the same things every other prima-donna QB does but they only really watch their team so it becomes some huge issue. Every great QB does the same stuff. I live in Tampa, you think Brady doesn't whine at receivers constantly?

As for the bad news? Unless Rodgers mysteriously wants to give up on $50 million, you're going to be stuck watch the best QB in NFL history whine on your team for another year (just like he did the past two MVP seasons you're so tired of). There's no chance the Packers are going to take a $90 million cap hit over two seasons just to cut a guy who, with five working fingers and one good receiver, just won back-to-back MVPs.

Highly likely outcome is...they pick up Love's 5th year option. Convince him to sit one more year assurring him he'll be the starter in 2024. They give Rodgers one more shot in 2023 and then trade him to the 49ers in 2024

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did anyone notice how good the line blocked for Love? That's the first time he played where the line was actually competent. I think people forget that when he played the Chiefs..he was thrown in on short notice..had a terrible line in front of him. I think Davante was out and Jones too as well as Tonyan? The chiefs also sent the house at him EVERY play.
Short notice? He knew he was going to start against the Chiefs all week when AR was out with COVID. Love today is light years better than the kid we saw in KC in 2021.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pretty crazy smh...almost 15 years to the day

11/29/2007 Aaron Rodgers enters a game at Dallas after Brett Favre leaves due to injury in the 2nd half. He doesnt complete the comeback but everybody can see that he has "it"

11/27/2022 Jordan Love enters the game in the 2nd half against the Eagles for an injured Aaron Rodgers. He doesn't complete the comback but everybody can see that he has "it"

For threeeeee...

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also the Chiefs became one of the best defenses in the league starting with that game. It was a fluke that they were bad before that game.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also the Chiefs became one of the best defenses in the league starting with that game. It was a fluke that they were bad before that game.
I guess I was kinda getting at that. I still hear people say he is not good because of that 1 game plus 1/2 of a lions game where the starters played 2 1/2 quarters. You can see the difference in his play, bringing back Clements was probably more for him than Rodgers.

OP
OP
kevans74

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Highly likely outcome is...they pick up Love's 5th year option. Convince him to sit one more year assurring him he'll be the starter in 2024. They give Rodgers one more shot in 2023 and then trade him to the 49ers in 2024
Ok

SudsMcBucky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Short notice? He knew he was going to start against the Chiefs all week when AR was out with COVID. Love today is light years better than the kid we saw in KC in 2021.

He didn't have all week. That came about Wednesday afternoon of that week, IIRC.

D

Deleted member 6794

I disagree. You gotta do what you gotta do to win the game. Make plays, make it happen

He didn't

Maybe you need to understand that football is a team sport and not an individual one.

Never been a Rogers fan

It's mind-boggling there's a Packers supporter who claims to never have been a fan of the best quarterback in the league for most of his tenure with the team.

Once he moved to Mexifornia (the land of fruits and nuts) he went off the deep end.
He just seems dishonest with everything, like getting the covid shot, and not let anyone know
about his broken thumb until months later.

Maybe you haven't realized but NFL teams don't like to reveal details about injuries.

I love that Rodgers put up 26 points against the best defense in the league in 2020, with an offense that lost it's best running back in the first half, was missing the best LT in the league, and featured one good receiver and HE'S the choker.

Just for the record, the Bucs ranked 8th in points allowed in 2020. The Packers played the best defense in the Rams the week before the NFCCG and put up 32 points.

There's no reason to make things up to explain Love struggling against the Chiefs last season. While Tonyan didn't play he targeted Adams a total of 14 times that game but gained only 42 yards on those throws. On top of that Jones played as well.

In addition you need to realize that the Eagles didn't blitz him on Sunday at all and played prevent defense once he entered. I'm looking forward to seeing him play against a team not up by two scores in the fourth quarter before making a fair evaluation of him.

That's a very unlikely outcome. If the Packers exercise Love's fifth year option I fully expect them to move on from Rodgers next offseason. Otherwise that would result in both QBs counting close to $90 million towards the cap in 2024.

He didn't have all week. That came about Wednesday afternoon of that week, IIRC.

Rodgers was declared out for the Chiefs game on Wednesday, so Love was aware of starting before the first day of practice that week. That should have been good enough to get prepared for the game.

Members online

Latest posts