Favre > Rodgers > Love

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did anyone notice how good the line blocked for Love?
I want to see Love play an entire game before I draw any such conclusions.

“I had a really great conversation with Jordan [Love] on Friday afternoon,” Wilde said. “I think he very clearly, even though he wouldn’t flat-out say it, he does not want to sit for another year."
That's nice that he doesn't want to sit, but what makes him think he'll be starting for whatever team he gets traded to?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I want to see Love play an entire game before I draw any such conclusions.

That's nice that he doesn't want to sit, but what makes him think he'll be starting for whatever team he gets traded to?
How he is in practice.. How he can break down film? His agent maybe putting feelers out and maybe those feelers are saying yes he will start.

Any number of reasons

D

Deleted member 6794

Four functioning fingers and a receiver corps leaning on the run. He’s set the bar so high that when he plays like just an above-average QB everyone thinks he stinks. He’s not the best in the league anymore but he’s certainly better than Love and he’ll be back next year.

Rodgers was the best quarterback in the league in 2020 and '21. I'm convinced he would still be possible of performing at that level when fully healthy and an improved receiving corps.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Brett's choice to part with his money and put two lawyers' kids through Harvard I guess. Deflection is not an affirmative defense -- so be it. All of the former President's attorneys shared one trait. The willingness to take on a "no winner" case -- provided there was a HUGE upfront deposit.

Favre was still a helluva Packer. A very flawed personality ... but, the guy could flat out play.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love played really well against the Eagles last night but you need to consider they tried to prevent big plays opening up some throwing lanes for him. With Rodgers having suffered another injury I'm looking forward to seeing Love start vs. the Bears on Sunday.

A lot of fans don't realize how special that Seahawks defense was in 2014. It was extremely tough to score against them. Rodgers wasn't one of the main reasons the Packers lost to the Bucs in 2020 at all.

Small sample size with Love. It is also worth remembering that the Eagles were protecting a big lead and may have been playing a quasi-prevent defense.

Still, Love could have sucked in that spot, and he didn't. That's reason for optimism.

How will Jordan Love look over a seventeen season? No one really knows until we see it. Sooner or later, however, you just have to rip the band-aid off and go for it.

When Rodgers took over for Favre, he inherited a team that had been to the NFC Championship game the year prior. With Rodgers under center, the Pack regressed that first year and only won six games. Expect growing pains.

For better or worse, a new era in Packer football is about to dawn. Let's hope it's for better.

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When Rodgers took over for Favre, he inherited a team that had been to the NFC Championship game the year prior. With Rodgers under center, the Pack regressed that first year and only won six games. Expect growing pains.

To be fair, the defense was a special kind of terrible in 2008. 2009 injected Matthews and Raji. And immediately look better.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Packers finished fifth in points scored in Rodgers first season as the starter though. The defense was mostly to blame for the team winning only six games that year.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mean in all honesty its likely Rodgers plays another 3 or 4 seasons. I can definitely see him playing til 42. Im assuming he returns to an MVP level in 2023

So the question is for the Packers FO...is Love going to be as good or better than Rodgers because if you dont think so, this is easy. You pretend you do think so, you win an oscar making people believe Love is gonna be better than Rodgers and then you trade Love for as much as you can and go all in for Rodgers last 3/4 years while once again drafting the heir at some point soon

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mean in all honesty its likely Rodgers plays another 3 or 4 seasons. I can definitely see him playing til 42. Im assuming he returns to an MVP level in 2023

So the question is for the Packers FO...is Love going to be as good or better than Rodgers because if you dont think so, this is easy. You pretend you do think so, you win an oscar making people believe Love is gonna be better than Rodgers and then you trade Love for as much as you can and go all in for Rodgers last 3/4 years while once again drafting the heir at some point soon
Obviously the kicker is the assumption Rodgers will play that long.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

None of us know, but I will say you clearly have more confidence in that than Rodgers himself, seeing as how we are now in the third off season where he himself has expressed thoughts of being done.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obviously the kicker is the assumption Rodgers will play that long.

I mean you have to use your gut/heart...but do you really see him retiring after this season if the Packers or whatever other team he chooses is a contender?

It may not seem like it but I think he desperately wants to win at least one more SB. You can't know anything for sure but I feel like its a really good bet

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
None of us know, but I will say you clearly have more confidence in that than Rodgers himself, seeing as how we are now in the third off season where he himself has expressed thoughts of being done.

Or is it that I believe this will I wont I sherade is more an attention thing than a real decision

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can you retype this, I'm more confused now than before LOL

I believe Rodgers will I or won't I act to be a sherede.

One that is far more about attention than any real decision.

Rodgers is not undecided he knows he's playing somewhere and contending for a SB. He just likes the attention

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mean you have to use your gut/heart...but do you really see him retiring after this season if the Packers or whatever other team he chooses is a contender?

It may not seem like it but I think he desperately wants to win at least one more SB. You can't know anything for sure but I feel like its a really good bet
I partially agree with you. I don't think this is just for attention, I think he realizes it's not just about this year. It's a moment for him to see, do I have 2-3 years left, or is this it? He knows if he comes back to GB and can't see himself here for 2 more years at least, it screws us financially more. Unlike some, I don't think he wants to do that. I also think he's smart enough to know if he goes somewhere else, the likelihood of it being a Tom brady to a fully loaded Bucs team situation is small and will likely need to play at least 2 more years.

I don't think the decision has been made and this is for show, I think he is struggling with it because he realizes the impact is more than just this year and if all he can do is one more, then maybe he should call it a career 1 year early.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe Rodgers will I or won't I act to be a sherede.

One that is far more about attention than any real decision.

Rodgers is not undecided he knows he's playing somewhere and contending for a SB. He just likes the attention

Gotcha, I also believe he is a narcissist and knows already.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

Give me Love, I don't want to go through another 3-4 years of "will he play or won't he and if he will, is he so mad at the Packers that he will only play for a team he hand picks."

In Rodgers own words "At some point you have to jump off the carousel.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

How many top qb played til 42?? How many until 40?

Odds are way against him.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

I gave you a laugh, simply because the Packer FO doesn't even know if Rodgers is playing another year and if he does, will he even want to play it in GB? So when you want to look at a 3-4 year time frame, I laughed. Toss in the 8-9 2022 season and $150M 3 year deal that the Packers just gave him and he is now waffling on, I wouldn't want to bet on anything having to do with Rodgers.

D

Deleted member 6794

I agree with most others that I don't believe Rodgers will play another three or four seasons.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sure he would like that, it would give his legacy a huge boost.

Members online

Latest posts