Eddie Lacy signs with the Seahawks

fistfullofbeer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Boy do I feel sorry for you. I lived there for awhile and it was hell. The majority of there fan base are so clueless it's not even funny. "SOFTY Mahler". What a ******. That place sucks if your not a Seahawk homer. Bunch of weirdo's.

Seattle defense is starting to show cracks and is no longer elite. Sorry.

Ha ha. Well my wife is born and raised here and after I graduated college I ended up moving here. My wife does not care about football but for the sake of annoying her family, she joined forces with me and became a Packers fan .. :D. I think the real football fans here are few and far between. With how good UW was last year, things got even worse. Ha ha. All that being said, I do love living here.

As far as the Seattle D not being elite, I am not sure if that is true. I do agree that playing the Rams, Niners and Cardinals is not much of a test but they are a big. fast ball-swarming type of D. The loss of Earl Thomas last year went much under the radar but it had a big impact.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Ha ha. Well my wife is born and raised here and after I graduated college I ended up moving here. My wife does not care about football but for the sake of annoying her family, she joined forces with me and became a Packers fan .. :D. I think the real football fans here are few and far between. With how good UW was last year, things got even worse. Ha ha. All that being said, I do love living here.

As far as the Seattle D not being elite, I am not sure if that is true. I do agree that playing the Rams, Niners and Cardinals is not much of a test but they are a big. fast ball-swarming type of D. The loss of Earl Thomas last year went much under the radar but it had a big impact.

Seattle is one of those places you love or hate. Too grey and misty for me.

Hawks D has some good Core players still but the depth is no where near what it used to be.

Bagadeez04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im torn, Lacy has been damn good for this team. Even at his most overweight he was a damn good runner. I would have loved to have him back, though that 267 number is admittedly scary.

Sounds like the Packers made him a fair offer, and he was ready to move on. Can't blame anyone here, it is what it is.

Another position of need though.

OP
OP
C-Lee

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seattle is one of those places you love or hate. Too grey and misty for me.

Hawks D has some good Core players still but the depth is no where near what it used to be.
Last season proved they're not nearly as good without Earl Thomas.

Djepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As Ron Wolf might put it....As a running backs go in Packer History,,, Lazy was just a FART IN THE WIND....!!!

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I honestly think if they had not lost Earl Thomas to injury last year, they would have been a lot more dangerous in the playoffs.
**it happens. If the Packers had either Lacy or Shields in the playoffs, they'd have been a lot more dangerous also. If you can't overcome it you get to stay home the next week. Yes you can use that when your in laws whine about it in their Starbucks.

fistfullofbeer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
**it happens. If the Packers had either Lacy or Shields in the playoffs, they'd have been a lot more dangerous also. If you can't overcome it you get to stay home the next week. Yes you can use that when your in laws whine about it in their Starbucks.

Like you said so eloquently, '**it happens'. However, that does not mean that the impact of losing a player to injury is any less.

Also, not sure why you feel the need to attack people (my in-laws) even though your know nothing about. FYI: They have been Seahawks fans for as long as I have been alive and surprisingly, they are not the Starbucks kind of people either despite of where they live.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
My, my, pretty defensive aren't you? Should sell some of that attitude to the Packers DBs. :rolleyes:
not sure why you feel the need to attack people (my in-laws) even though your know nothing about.
Didn't think I attacked them. Just giving you supporting ammunition ...
for the sake of annoying her family
and a ready built response to help when
I think the real football fans here are few and far between
complain about
The loss of Earl Thomas last year .... had a big impact.
And, no it did not fly under the radar. That's why I clipped it out. Most everyone around here (IRL) that know what a football is was aware of him out and the impact it would have on their defense.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kudos to Eddie for giving back to the community as he's leaving for another opportunity. It's disappointing to see all the comments from community he's helping, but it's nice to see him do that. I'm disappointed he didn't take his job more seriously here, but it is what it is and he seems to be a good guy overall.

I hope Monty gets it together. He was wasted so much potential on the field, but he can make so much more of his life. I hope he does.

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry to bring up an old topic, but as a guy who started watching the Packers from 2013 onward and seeing Lacy as a rookie bring the Pack singlehandedly to the post season after ARod went down, Im really gonna miss the guy. Felt like he really was starting to get the freight train rolling before he got sidelined (again), and since we got ample of cap space atm I really feel like we could have made a similar/slightly better then Seattle did. To see him leave to the Hawks is something that irks me too, since, just as Lacy is for me my first Packer leadback, Seattle is my first Green Bay arch rival.

Gonna miss you Cheeseburger Eddie and your slow but powerful runs!

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Sorry to bring up an old topic, but as a guy who started watching the Packers from 2013 onward and seeing Lacy as a rookie bring the Pack singlehandedly to the post season after ARod went down, Im really gonna miss the guy. Felt like he really was starting to get the freight train rolling before he got sidelined (again), and since we got ample of cap space atm I really feel like we could have made a similar/slightly better then Seattle did. To see him leave to the Hawks is something that irks me too, since, just as Lacy is for me my first Packer leadback, Seattle is my first Green Bay arch rival.

Gonna miss you Cheeseburger Eddie and your slow but powerful runs!
I would agree if Lacy shown the slightest desire to maintain a reasonable weight and stay in shape. Unfortunately, he proved over a 2 year span that doing so simply wasn't a top priority of his.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eddie Lacy was seemingly in shape this time last year too. If Seattle can keep him in shape and healthy, they got a great RB. I have zero issues letting him go, as he wouldn't do it here. Maybe it was his wake up call, maybe by September and practice takes the place of his workouts and he puts on 30 again, he'll be the same thing we've seen 2 years running?

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eddie Lacy was seemingly in shape this time last year too. If Seattle can keep him in shape and healthy, they got a great RB. I have zero issues letting him go, as he wouldn't do it here. Maybe it was his wake up call, maybe by September and practice takes the place of his workouts and he puts on 30 again, he'll be the same thing we've seen 2 years running?
I am still up in the air on Lacy.... yes he put on weight last year again.... but he was still running well until He got hurt. I'm sure the extra pounds contributed to the injury, but I still see a very good chance that Seattle ends up with a good running back.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A change of scenery might certainly be what he needs, but I am in the camp that thinks he just doesn't care very much about football and is perhaps one who asks how much money does one really need. If he succeeds in Seattle, more power to him and them, but I find it hard to fault the Packers for letting him go.

Fat Dogs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
why Seattle!?! Why!?!! I know I'm suppose to hate the Bears, Vikings, and Lions more but I just don't. I'll miss you Lacy and would usually wish you a healthy and prosperous career but can't. Please please eat yourself out of this league so I don't have to hate and wish bad things upon you every time I see you in that ugly *** uniform.

Members online

Latest posts