Eddie Lacy signs with the Seahawks

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
So many in here are caught up in what Lacy used to be.

The man is fat. He's been fat for a long time. He's shown no desire to maintain a manageable weight and be the reliable #1 back for this team. He's not doing right by the Packers by holding up his end of the bargain, so I say don't let the door hit you on the way out.

If he goes on to rip it up with the Seahawks, good for him. But my opinion won't change one way or the other.

Or on the other side, some fans/teams are caught up on who Lacy is and could be. A guy that spent last offseason training to get in shape and in 5 games had a 5.1 yard average and a 4.4 lifetime. Some fans will blame his 2016 injury on his weight, but considering his availability in his 3 previous seasons, I would tend to blame his injury on the Packers being forced to play a guy on an already bad ankle when he shouldn't have been.

I get it, people think he is fat, out of shape, sucks and want to hang him solely for what he did or didn't do in 2015. The stats disagree with you, as do the Seahawks. I wish you well Eddie!

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Yeah.....the Seahawks suck! Most inept franchise in the playoffs for the last 5 years. :rolleyes:

They will make the playoffs again too as they play in the worse division in the league. I just think it's funny all these people think Lacy is gonna go over there and blow it up and there gonna play him big and big blah blah.

He is gonna need oxygen after two carries and they might have the worst OL in the NFL. Lacy will be forgotten real soon.

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Or on the other side, some fans/teams are caught up on who Lacy is and could be. A guy that spent last offseason training to get in shape and in 5 games had a 5.1 yard average and a 4.4 lifetime.

And Ty Montgomery averaged 5.9. I'd put my money on the offensive line being elite rather than the backs.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Don't people realize that when Lacy and Starks got hurt and MM changed up the offense they started "winning".

The TE position is critical for this offense to be successful. Not the RB position.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Except you said the Packers didn't want him back. From what I heard it was pretty much Eddies choice as the Packers made him a similar offer. I don't know if its true or not but if so it's a far cry from not wanting him back like you said.

At the time I was told they didn't want him. Back...
He then got hurt..And was mentioned he may get low ball deal.. I tossed out a one year deal loaded with incentives..

What was his contract again?

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Yeah.....the Seahawks suck! Most inept franchise in the playoffs for the last 5 years. :rolleyes:

Well given how some fans around here gauge the Packers' success, I guess that same standard would mean the Seahawks are likewise epic failures.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Or on the other side, some fans/teams are caught up on who Lacy is and could be. A guy that spent last offseason training to get in shape and in 5 games had a 5.1 yard average and a 4.4 lifetime. Some fans will blame his 2016 injury on his weight, but considering his availability in his 3 previous seasons, I would tend to blame his injury on the Packers being forced to play a guy on an already bad ankle when he shouldn't have been.

I get it, people think he is fat, out of shape, sucks and want to hang him solely for what he did or didn't do in 2015. The stats disagree with you, as do the Seahawks. I wish you well Eddie!
I loved the way he ran, but teams could stop the run against Eddie when they wanted to. Eddie gained his yards between the 20's when teams still played Rodgers as the main threat. BFD if they gave up a 10 yard run to Eddie. Everyone knew he'd never last more than 3-4 runs in a drive and he'd be done. Gassed on the sidelines and off the field when it really mattered.

I think he was forced to play with injury because of few options behind him partly, and partly because the staff KNEW he couldn't be given time off to get fatter. It was a "prove it" moment for him and one i'm glad they made him go thru. Maybe Eddie learns something from it and the Seahawks benefit from it. Or maybe he uses all this public ringer stuff to get down to 240 again only to gain 30lb's in training camp again. Or maybe it sticks, or maybe he just doesn't care.

Whatever the outcome, i'm completely comfortable with Elliot Wolf, Ted Thompson, MM, or anybody else that would have made the decision that the Packers weren't going to invest a lot of money in him.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Well given how some fans around here gauge the Packers' success, I guess that same standard would mean the Seahawks are likewise epic failures.

1 super bowl championship in 41 years is just mind blowing success.

They ran away from there elite defense to build a team around a 5'10 QB. Idiots.

fistfullofbeer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Being a Packers fan living in WA state I have had to deal with a good number of Seahawks bandwagoners over the last few years. But since they are my 'hometown' team, I do follow them a fair bit. The Seahawks are 1 or 2 offensive linemen away from being a perennial threat. If Wilson had 1-2 seconds more of protection that offense would look totally different. Also, I am a firm believer in the 'defense wins championships' philosophy and the Seahawks are among the top defenses in the league. And like the Packers the Seahawks do a fairly good job at scouting and drafting. I honestly think if they had not lost Earl Thomas to injury last year, they would have been a lot more dangerous in the playoffs.

BTW .. I know you were being sarcastic in your post. Just wanted to add my 2c.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Being a Packers fan living in WA state I have had to deal with a good number of Seahawks bandwagoners over the last few years. But since they are my 'hometown' team, I do follow them a fair bit. The Seahawks are 1 or 2 offensive linemen away from being a perennial threat. If Wilson had 1-2 seconds more of protection that offense would look totally different. Also, I am a firm believer in the 'defense wins championships' philosophy and the Seahawks are among the top defenses in the league. And like the Packers the Seahawks do a fairly good job at scouting and drafting. I honestly think if they had not lost Earl Thomas to injury last year, they would have been a lot more dangerous in the playoffs.

BTW .. I know you were being sarcastic in your post. Just wanted to add my 2c.

Boy do I feel sorry for you. I lived there for awhile and it was hell. The majority of there fan base are so clueless it's not even funny. "SOFTY Mahler". What a ******. That place sucks if your not a Seahawk homer. Bunch of weirdo's.

Seattle defense is starting to show cracks and is no longer elite. Sorry.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
seems like seahawk fans don't like the added calories lacy will bring. it's worse over there than on the pack forum. seems like he has more support here than there. :roflmao:

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Apparently there are weight clauses in his contract. So much for improving because of positive coaching attitude.

Assume the clause is to keep his weight down and not gain more. If it is to gain more weight, dude is going to get rich drinking the oil out of the egg roll fry vat.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1 super bowl championship in 41 years is just mind blowing success.

They ran away from there elite defense to build a team around a 5'10 QB. Idiots.

But they should be as spoiled as us Packers fans are. A SB win (1/2 as many as the Packers over that stretch), a stupid pass play away from a second consecutive, and two subsequent trips to the divisional game. Who could ask for more?

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
But they should be as spoiled as us Packers fans are. A SB win (1/2 as many as the Packers over that stretch), a stupid pass play away from a second consecutive, and two subsequent trips to the divisional game. Who could ask for more?

If your the Seahawks not much.

D

Deleted member 6794

Seattle defense is starting to show cracks and is no longer elite. Sorry.

The Seahawks defense led the league in points allowed in every single season from 2012-15 and finished in third last year. They are still elite.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
The Seahawks defense led the league in points allowed in every single season from 2012-15 and finished in third last year. They are still elite.

Not doing it today. Sorry. Not having a drawn out Seahawk defense discussion and how they have regressed.

I will leave it with there nowhere near 2012-2013 and the tape proves it. They pad there stats against the likes of the Niners and Rams and other weak QB'D teams.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
You really don't think they'd like to have a Patriots SB do-over? You don't think...wait, I didn't add the sarcasm alert to my post - did you forget, also? :unsure:

I don't care what those weirdo's want. They probably think there gonna go "beast mode" with Eddy Lacy. Lol

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts