Eddie Lacy signs with the Seahawks

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Seahawks will switch Lacy from Beer to Espressos and from beef to fish......this is starting to already feel like the time there was talk of the Packers signing Lynch and he ended up in Seattle......oh well.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Carroll may want him big, but his "big" is little for Lacy. He has to drop almost 4olbs and maintain it. I don't think he got below 250 in the past 2 years and was more often 260+.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Carroll may want him big, but his "big" is little for Lacy. He has to drop almost 4olbs and maintain it. I don't think he got below 250 in the past 2 years and was more often 260+.

If he drops 40 lbs, that would put him at 227! :eek: Unlike many Packer fans, I think Pete Carroll is comfortable with Eddie in the mid 240's which isn't an unreasonable goal of 20 lbs.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he hasn't been below 250 for us in years, despite what they publish. his body has proven it wont' hold up at that weight.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
As much as I wanted Lacy back, I think in his best interest this was probably his best move. Change of cities, teams, fans, perceptions. While it's no guarantee he will change his ways, I think ultimately it gives him a fresh start to try.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good signing for Seattle. They wanted a big back who could run in between the tackles and was use to being in Shotgun and it was Lacy. TT probably offered him 2.5 mill and a $25 gift card to Kroll's. The offensive line there is suspect but Lacy is a nice 1-2 punch with Ralws.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I've always questioned Lacy's motivation. I remember seeing an ESPN piece on him right after he was drafted about how hard his family was affected by Katrina. Friends said that his perspective changed and that he saw football as a way to give his family/parents a better life... Well he did that. Bought them a new house, and since then it seems that he has lost interest.
Bingo

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
However, I think Lacy will be productive with the Seahawks. Carroll wants him big.
Carrol wants him big, but by big he means "in the 240's"... I think ANY team would be extremely happy to have Lacy in the 240's ~ good luck with that, Pete. There are OVER 15 restaurants in the Seattle area with good/great Cajun/Creole food - my guess is Carrol is going to get a Lacy "in the 260's" by September.

Reaction score
EXACTLY!!!! Play him to his strengths...great coach.
And this business about Lacy's weight is getting out of hand. He is going to beast mode for Seattle just like I feared... you all suck.

Mods.... leave this thread open for the crow eaters next winter...
You're right. It's a tough proposition to tackle a triple cheeseburger smothered and covered and even tougher to bring down a double caramel banana split with slippery cool whip on top.
Luckily for us, enough shoe string fries develop into just enough shoe string tackles.
Sorry. But Every underperformer should have an underperforming Packer send off :tup:

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Said it for 14 months.. He wouldn't be back

Except you said the Packers didn't want him back. From what I heard it was pretty much Eddies choice as the Packers made him a similar offer. I don't know if its true or not but if so it's a far cry from not wanting him back like you said.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll miss Lacy. Thought he played with a lot of fire and purpose last season before the injury and was hoping he could keep his weight down. Won't miss the fat jokes at all.

I don't know, some of them were pretty good

EXACTLY!!!! Play him to his strengths...great coach.

And this business about Lacy's weight is getting out of hand. He is going to beast mode for Seattle just like I feared... you all suck.

Mods.... leave this thread open for the crow eaters next winter...

There won't be any crow left to eat if Eddie is around.

See MadCat that one was pretty good if I do say so myself.

Just because he's gone doesn't mean they will stop.;)

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
So now Lacy's debilitating and injury causing excess weight is his "strength." Yikesers. It ain't like the Packers we're trying to make a scat back.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're right. It's a tough proposition to tackle a triple cheeseburger smothered and covered and even tougher to bring down a double caramel banana split with slippery cool whip on top.
Luckily for us, enough shoe string fries develop into just enough shoe string tackles.
Sorry. But Every underperformer should have an underperforming Packer send off :tup:
5.1 yards per carry...
Look. I said it before. I don't care if lacy looks good in spandex. I care if he can hit a qb and keep running. I didn't see his spin move getting any worse. He had a top 5 play the week he got hurt. Jumped over a lb.

I guarantee he will be surrounded by positive people, and flourish.

I personally wouldn't play for lousy fans anyways, if I were him.

I'm calling it. I called it as soon as I heard GB offered him the $2 mil deal. (Which was most likely bull). He will go to Seattle and become beast mode 2.0

And look at you "fans". Who needs enemies with fans like you?

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Slacker, is this your first exposure to a fan base not caring for a disappointing player? Because I might have some bad news for you regarding online football forums.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So now Lacy's debilitating and injury causing excess weight is his "strength." Yikesers. It ain't like the Packers we're trying to make a scat back.
Debilitating? Injury causing? Have you even went back to see where he hurt the ankle? No you didn't.you are simply repeating the same bull crap smear fest you heard.

I'm not going to get into it with you guys. But you heard it here first. 267 or not. Lacy is going to beast mode for Seattle...

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Debilitating? Injury causing? Have you even went back to see where he hurt the ankle? No you didn't.you are simply repeating the same bull crap smear fest you heard.

I'm not going to get into it with you guys. But you heard it here first. 267 or not. Lacy is going to beast mode for Seattle...

I guess we could go 9 rounds about excess weight and the strain it places on joints, but I don't think it's going to get us anywhere.

But noted. If he beasts for SEA, I'll remember. My guess is that if that happens it will be because they figure out how to get the guy to lose weight.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's definitely going to a better coaching situation. Carroll will get the best out of him, McCarthy did not. I don't care what you say, a fat guy telling you you need to trim down isn't a great situation.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think he's a better coach by any means, just different. Seattle may have had our number in some big games, but that team has it's own set of issues. Namely the fact they commit like 33 pre snap penalties per game and are as undisciplined as they come. They are pretty bad on the road compared to home and outside of a 2 year window maybe have played in one of the worst divisions in football.

IF they can keep Eddie in shape, good for them. Then I want to see them do it for year 2. I'm not going to argue he's not in a better situation, because he is. They rely on the run far more than GB. But I think they're going to find they don't have the defense to rely on that for much longer. We'll see. He's going to have a lot more opportunity to touch the ball there. If he's in shape and healthy, it will pay off. If he's not, he'll wear down just that much quicker and be in the training room again. Either way, he was not worth the investment from us. Loved the way he ran, hated the way he took care of himself.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Apparently there are weight clauses in his contract. So much for improving because of positive coaching attitude.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
So many in here are caught up in what Lacy used to be.

The man is fat. He's been fat for a long time. He's shown no desire to maintain a manageable weight and be the reliable #1 back for this team. He's not doing right by the Packers by holding up his end of the bargain, so I say don't let the door hit you on the way out.

If he goes on to rip it up with the Seahawks, good for him. But my opinion won't change one way or the other.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts