Eddie Lacy signs with the Seahawks

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I am still up in the air on Lacy.... yes he put on weight last year again.... but he was still running well until He got hurt. I'm sure the extra pounds contributed to the injury, but I still see a very good chance that Seattle ends up with a good running back.

I totally agree with you. Yes, Eddie played out of shape in 2015 and was in slightly better shape in 2016, but it's hard to argue with the numbers he put up over the 4 years he was a Packer. Lacy is a big man who runs ******* every carry, couple that with his asthma and he should never be expected to carry the ball more than 15 times a game. A number that IMO is fine for the Packers offense, as well as the perfect compliment to Ty Montgomery.

Had the Packers done what Seattle did and signed him to a contract with the weight goals and other incentives, I believe we would have had a great running back duo. Instead, the Packers used 3 draft picks to try and find a complimentary back to Montgomery, a guy who has 105 career NFL rushes under his belt. Let's hope it works out.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Had the Packers done what Seattle did and signed him to a contract with the weight goals and other incentives, I believe we would have had a great running back duo. Instead, the Packers used 3 draft picks to try and find a complimentary back to Montgomery, a guy who has 105 career NFL rushes under his belt. Let's hope it works out.
Maybe many of us have TT all wrong? Could it be that he fears the KNOWN more than he fears the UNknown? If he's not content with a player or position he usually opts for a young guy stepping-up and bolstering that position... maybe he just was not content with the known issues/production with Lacy and felt a young, hungry, cheap(er) guy would not only replace Lacy's production but eclipse it? Good luck, Eddie, but not too much.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
He weighed in at 253 which is hardly any reason for anyone to be celebrating and he has a long way to go. The reality is RB's just don't typically stay productive that long and then you throw in a ankle surgery along with a conditioning issue with a player that has questions marks of really loving the game and Eddy Lacy is on "borrowed time".

He might not even make the Seahawks roster as there loaded with RB's and I've seen the Seahawks eat similar dead money and part ways with players in the past if there not productive and ready to go. This is a "Pete Carroll Experiment" and one that I don't believe will have a happy ending for Seahawks. I personally got tired of Lacy's shenanigans and i'm fine with Seattle doing the "scale watching".

"SCALE WATCHING IN SEATTLE"

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Being overweight in a contract year is a pretty clear signal the player either has a battle with weight he can't win or just doesn't care. I have no problems letting Seattle spend $5.5 million to see if Eddie can change his ways.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am still up in the air on Lacy.... yes he put on weight last year again.... but he was still running well until He got hurt. I'm sure the extra pounds contributed to the injury, but I still see a very good chance that Seattle ends up with a good running back.
I'm not up in the air about letting him go. Seems he maybe had a similar offer from GB? and left for Seattle anyway? I don't know, reports were they made a similar offer, or maybe I'm not remembering clearly. It's entirely possible :) But he wouldn't stay in shape here. Maybe an indictment on our staff?, but I'm not trading them for anyone else right now on the offensive side of the ball.

IF seattle keeps him in shape, he's going to be a great back. I really liked Eddie Lacy. Seemed like a fun guy, and a good guy to be around. But his injuries have been at least attributed to his weight for 2 seasons now. He couldn't stay on the field to finish drives for us. If he's in shape and like a young in shape Eddie, I'm not looking forward to playing against him, but it is what it is. I'm glad we didn't give him 5.5 million to find out. I'd have given 2 million at most with maybe another million attached to performance and weight.

Regardless, this offense has to run thru Rodgers and our pass catchers.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not up in the air about letting him go. Seems he maybe had a similar offer from GB? and left for Seattle anyway? I don't know, reports were they made a similar offer, or maybe I'm not remembering clearly. It's entirely possible :) But he wouldn't stay in shape here. Maybe an indictment on our staff?, but I'm not trading them for anyone else right now on the offensive side of the ball.

IF seattle keeps him in shape, he's going to be a great back. I really liked Eddie Lacy. Seemed like a fun guy, and a good guy to be around. But his injuries have been at least attributed to his weight for 2 seasons now. He couldn't stay on the field to finish drives for us. If he's in shape and like a young in shape Eddie, I'm not looking forward to playing against him, but it is what it is. I'm glad we didn't give him 5.5 million to find out. I'd have given 2 million at most with maybe another million attached to performance and weight.

Regardless, this offense has to run thru Rodgers and our pass catchers.

All things being equal, Seattle probably makes more sense for Eddie Lacy than Green Bay does. Seattle features a run-heavy offense, and as long as #12 is around, Green Bay is a pass-first offense. I like Lacy personally and wish him the best, but his history would indicate that at some point his weight will be an issue. The Packers and Lacy parting ways is probably best for both parties.

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can't stop thinking about how stacked the Seahawks RBs are. I think Alex Collins will have a breakout season, Thomas Rawls showed how effective he can be, I'm not high on Prosise but some are. Add a Big, Fat and Angry Eddie Lacy who will be fresh week 1 vs former team in front of former fans!!! Kind of nervous now that I think about it.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Add a Big, Fat and Angry Eddie Lacy who will be fresh week 1 vs former team in front of former fans!!! Kind of nervous now that I think about it.
Unless Eddie gets hurt or doesn't make the 53 man roster, this will be THE story talked about for weeks leading up to the kickoff and possibly after the game as well. I will be interested to see what kind of reception Eddie gets from Packer fans.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Add a Big, Fat and Angry Eddie Lacy who will be fresh week 1 vs former team in front of former fans!!! Kind of nervous now that I think about it.

Running behind Luke Joekel and George Gant and possibly Bradley Sowell?

Nah, I wouldnt be all that "nervous". Stack the box and make Russell throw picks.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I'm really not looking forward to the saga updates on Lacy's weight.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I'm really not looking forward to the saga updates on Lacy's weight.
I am more worried about #12, rumor has it he bought all of Eddie's kitchen contents at the Garage Sale and ever since he and Olivia split, he is dining out.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am more worried about #12, rumor has it he bought all of Eddie's kitchen contents at the Garage Sale and ever since he and Olivia split, he is dining out.

Maybe we can play him at DT.

D

Deleted member 6794

I totally agree with you. Yes, Eddie played out of shape in 2015 and was in slightly better shape in 2016, but it's hard to argue with the numbers he put up over the 4 years he was a Packer. Lacy is a big man who runs ******* every carry, couple that with his asthma and he should never be expected to carry the ball more than 15 times a game. A number that IMO is fine for the Packers offense, as well as the perfect compliment to Ty Montgomery.

It's possible the Seahawks could end up with a good running back in Lacy but I'm absolutely fine with the Packers letting him walk away in free agency for the deal he signed in Seattle as he didn't put in the work necessary to stay in shape in Green Bay.

Sky King

Reaction score
My theory is that Eddie could have had a longer career in Green Bay if he had only done the following five things:
  1. He married a strict teetotaler who also happened to be vegan (vegan is not misspelled)
  2. He stopped watching cartoons and began devouring the classics
  3. Club soda with a twist of lemon became his favorite libation
  4. He went to bed right after watching the 10 pm news
  5. Coach McCarthy told him, "Do as I say, not as I look."

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hated to see him go. one poor year 2015. played well until he got hurt. showed heart and loyalty trying to play that way...it got him hurt worse. hope he does well...except week one.

D

Deleted member 6794

hated to see him go. one poor year 2015. played well until he got hurt. showed heart and loyalty trying to play that way...it got him hurt worse. hope he does well...except week one.

I'm absolutely convinced Lacy being overweight contributed to his season ending injury though.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts