Eddie Lacy signs with the Seahawks

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow. Wonder if he will show more enthusiasm and a willingness to keep a healthy weight than he did for us.

Don't know why but I just got the feeling that he really is not all that enthusiastic about playing football, period.

So far this FA has been pretty weird from my POV.

He isn't motivated

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, time for me to take a closer look at rb prospects considering we don't have a starting rb anymore. I wonder if ted would take one in the first round.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
It's gonna be a sad day when/if he starts trucking our dudes.

Whatever man, Seahawks overpaid here. This is a situation where some fans will remember his first couple years and think the Packers lost something.

Lacy is trending in the wrong direction. He isn't the same player.

MadCat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll miss Lacy. Thought he played with a lot of fire and purpose last season before the injury and was hoping he could keep his weight down. Won't miss the fat jokes at all.

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've always questioned Lacy's motivation. I remember seeing an ESPN piece on him right after he was drafted about how hard his family was affected by Katrina. Friends said that his perspective changed and that he saw football as a way to give his family/parents a better life... Well he did that. Bought them a new house, and since then it seems that he has lost interest.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whatever man, Seahawks overpaid here. This is a situation where some fans will remember his first couple years and think the Packers lost something.

He'll still run some guys over, and it will be sad to see him do it on another team, but I definitely agree. He sounds to be more overweight than ever, he's playing behind a garbage O-line in Seattle, and they already have a stable of decent RBs in Seattle, so I really think he made a poor choice of team if his goal is to make a statement and boost his value for next year. If his goal is to collect a paycheck so he can afford more comic books and munchies, then he done good.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Lacy weighed in at 267 LOL
So he has lost weight!

The Guaranteed part of the contract would have been screamed about by Packer fans and if Lacy does show up to training camp in Seattle overweight and out of shape, he is their problem now.

The Good news :tup: The 2018 Comp picks are now at the max of 4!!

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
He'll still run some guys over, and it will be sad to see him do it on another team, but I definitely agree. He sounds to be more overweight than ever, he's playing behind a garbage O-line in Seattle, and they already have a stable of decent RBs in Seattle, so I really think he made a poor choice of team if his goal is to make a statement and boost his value for next year. If his goal is to collect a paycheck so he can afford more comic books and munchies, then he done good.

Right. He will run 10 times and get nothing and then make a 20 yard highlight run and people will think he is great. He doesn't fit with what Packers are doing on offense.

Pass.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Well the Packers did lose something.... but they lost it 2 yeas ago.... it just took a while for him to move on.

Reaction score
My feelings about Lacy leaving are like his production over his tenure. 50/50. Taking him back had it's risks so I'm not too broken up about it. We'll probably add depth in the middle rounds of the draft. I'd like them to get someone in the first two rounds but we need depth at Cornerback and Linebacker as well so we can wait til the middle rounds to find someone. A lot of RB talent in this draft so I've heard.

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm guessing Lacy's visit with the Pack consisted of him stepping on a scale and them saying, "no thanks."

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Seahawks overpaid a guy coming off of ankle surgery that should be a full back

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder if we've taken any RB visits at all this offseason (excluding Ed)... haven't heard of any, but GB front office is better than anybody in the league about keeping things hush-hush.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
oooooook. was surprised at this one. would have loved him back, but oh well.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eddie was a good Packers player. I have no ill will towards him. He gave it his all as a rookie and even last year against Dallas when his ankle was already toast. He's motivated on the field but not motivated enough off of it. Many of you don't like Pete Carroll, but his high-intensity practices might be just what Big Eddie needs to stay in the game another year or two.

I'm not concerned about him running all over the Packers in 2017:
#1) Our defense has practiced against him for years. They know what to expect
#2) He'll likely be injured by that point and won't play

Best of luck Eddie.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I loved the way he ran, but he doesn't take care of his body the way it needs to be to be relied upon for a complete drive, for an entire game, or an entire season.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/14/pete-carroll-on-eddie-lacy-i-want-him-big/
During an interview with 710 ESPN, via Sheil Kapadia of ESPN.com, Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said that the team will make a “concerted effort” to make sure Lacy is in shape and that they have set a weight in the 240-pound range as the target for Lacy in the 2017 season.

“I want him big,” Carroll said.

Lacy’s issues with conditioning over the last couple of years with the Packers weren’t a secret, so the Seahawks would have to have been flying totally blind not to consider it before making the deal. Carroll’s answer makes it clear that they wouldn’t and that they believe playing on a one-year deal after an injury-shortened 2016 season will be enough motivation to get Lacy closer to Beast Mode than Feast Mode.

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers need to shut-him-down when he visits Lambeau this year. An important Seahawks loss to help keep them OUT of the playoffs. I'm happy someone paid him many millions, just glad it wasn't TT. Enjoy your gumbo, Eddie, let's keep that playing weight UP.

I agree with your statement. However, I think Lacy will be productive with the Seahawks. Carroll wants him big. But, that defense is gonna start slipping.