Does AJ have a contract

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anybodt know how the contract talks are going with AJ Hawk.

Is Hawk close to signing a deal?

Will Hawk be in TC on time?

NiVeK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he's holding out so he can play for a team he likes.
he was later quoted saying, "it's just a draft, if I don't like how it turns out, then it's an easy fix.....hold out."

but seriously...no he doesn't have a contract yet.

BearDown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you guys will find out what Chicago did last season. Signing a top pick has turned into a headache. I would bet TC opens with most of the top ten picks unsigned. Once TC opens they will all start signing fairly quickly.

thetombradyhater

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=42.957176+-
BearDown said:
I think you guys will find out what Chicago did last season. Signing a top pick has turned into a headache. I would bet TC opens with most of the top ten picks unsigned. Once TC opens they will all start signing fairly quickly.

AJ Hawk isn't going to hold out all of training camp like Benson, he may hold out a few days but I doubt it will be that long

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All I know is he better produce!

I hate rookies with attitude. After all, the guy is a rook and he hasn't played a down of NFL football, and everyone here and elsewhere is butterin' his *** up but good.

For all we know, he can take years to develop. Potential is not what gets it done in the NFL!

By the way, it's funny, but if you say that you're a Brett Favre fan, or that you support him and think that he's still a top 5 QB in the NFL, right away, you get accused of being "**** for Favre", or having a giant "mancrush" on him around here.

Can we then say that all of the folks with AJ Hawk banners and signatures and jerseys are "**** for Hawk"?

Only fair, i would say!

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just can't see Hawk holding out, unless he has decided he doesn't want to play in Green Bay.
If Hawk does hold out for a significant part of training camp or decides not to sign, combined with the number of "no shows" in minicamps and otc's, I will really start to worry about what's going on in Green Bay.
I believe That Hawk will be signed before camp starts unless Teddy lowballs him.
If Teddy does that, I'm backing off my stance of giving Teddy till the end of 2007 before I start bashing him.
As I have stated before, I don't like the man but I'm willing to give him a few years to prove me wrong.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't see Hawk holding out either because he has already said he WANTED Green Bay to draft him. It's harder in today's era to lowball picks that high because of the pecking order of the contracts ahead of him. He'll get #5 money based on the contracts of D'Brick and the others in front of him IMO.

The problem truly lies when the top 4 players get signed. After that starts, the rest is like a domino effect. I just can't see Hawk missing any TC and if he does, it will only be a few days as the talks pick up rapidly right before TC.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Number 7 Draft Pick Was Signed Michael Huff So it should be getting easier to get an idea what AJ is worth.

When the Raiders rookies report to work on July 24, first-round pick Michael Huff will be there with them.

Huff and the Raiders reached an agreement on a five-year deal that will be worth between $22.5 to $26.5 million dollars, including $15 million in guarantees, sides close to the deal confirmed.

The Raiders think taking a chance on Michael Huff at No. 7 in this year's draft will pay off.
Should Huff go on to become the superstar that the Raiders envision, the contract contains enough language that the former University of Texas standout could earn up to $43 million, making it an even more lucrative contract than the one that Pro Bowl safety Ed Reed recently signed with Baltimore. But Huff would have to become a premier safety to achieve such levels of pay.

Nevertheless, the Raiders will have their first-round pick in camp on time, and Huff is expected to win the starting safety job, paired opposite Stuart Schweigert to give Oakland a young and talented safety tandem.

Huff's big deal is expected to be one of two in the AFC West that gets done July 24. The San Diego Chargers also are closing in on a deal with their first-round pick, former Florida State cornerback Antonio Cromartie. With Chargers rookies due to report by the night of July 24, Cromartie is not expected to be late.