DD

slowsinistermo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly I dont think that DD is even the best reciever on the team. Whenever people talk about DD I never think he is the number one reciever. IMO you cant be a number one reciever on a team, or a elite reciever in the NFL with the ammount of dropped passes that he has.

slowsinistermo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Timmons said:
Ask yourself this, who would you rather have playing receiver on your team? My answer is easy because DD is consistent. How many games in a row now with a catch? And last year he was double covered the whole season and still put up good numbers.

I think people are taking me wrong. I dont think DD is a bad reciever at all. He is doing a good job this year, and he is causing Jones, and Jennings to get open by being double teamed, and he is still catching balls. And Ill take DD one on one with any defender in the open field. I just dont think that he is a number one. But to answer the question. I would take Randy Moss, TO, Reggie Wayne, Marvin Harrison, Chad Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Plaxico Burress, and Houshmandzadeh, among others above DD.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOW DUDE

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Driver is a #1 receiver. He just isn't catching many TD's this year.

DD would be the number one receiver on almost any other team in the league.

johnny_blood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Driver is a #1 receiver and an elite receiver.

Some of you have ranked various receivers above Driver. I would say that many of those are better receiving threats, but there is more to the position than just being explosive. You have to look at blocking, reliability, character, etc. When you look at the whole package, very few are better than Driver.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
slowsinistermo said:
dude ur an idiot...Driver is an animal
DD>TO

Give me the stats to show that DD>TO

"Elite" is so subjective. you could say he's elite and mean one thing, and another could say elite and mean something different. but i can't believe you don't think he's a legit #1 receiver. He's a pro-bowler! what does he have, 4 seasons in a row with over 1000 yards? soon to be 5?

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[align=center] Randy Moss / Steve Smith

T.O. / Chad Johnson / Torry Holt / Larry Fitzgerald

Donald Driver / Marvin Harrison

T.J. Houshmanzadeh / Reggie Wayne / Braylon Edwards[/align]

There's different levels of the elite WRs in my delicate mind. The top echelon recievers are obviously the ones who stand out from all the other WRs in the league. Only Moss and Smith do so in my mind.

It's more based on pure talent.

Also FWIW: Last 57 games, Recieving yards

Terrell Owens - 4789
Donald Driver - 4326

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Moss, Owens, Chad Johnson, Harrison, Andre Johnson, Healthy Steve Smith, Fitzgerald, Roy Williams, Braylon Edwards, Torry Holt.

Those guys are elite. DD is not. I would take them over DD every time. Doesnt mean i dont like DD or have anything against him. That does not mean i dont respect DD or think he is really good or almost as good or valuable. In order for DD to crack that list, he would have to have great hands. He just drops too many balls to be considered elite at his height.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
Moss, Owens, Chad Johnson, Harrison, Andre Johnson, Healthy Steve Smith, Fitzgerald, Roy Williams, Braylon Edwards, Torry Holt.

Those guys are elite. DD is not. I would take them over DD every time. Doesnt mean i dont like DD or have anything against him. That does not mean i dont respect DD or think he is really good or almost as good or valuable. In order for DD to crack that list, he would have to have great hands. He just drops too many balls to be considered elite at his height.

THANK YOU! Im not the only one thats an "idiot" I guess. Ay slowsinistermo?

slowsinistermo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
when it comes to football, I look at team statistics, individual stats mean very little, due to how many factors come into play. Stats can give you a guideline, but to really see the skill of a player, you have to watch them play. After watching DD play so much, there is no doubt that I have seen him make catches TO could NEVER make. double coverage, across his body, one handed, you name it, DD is nasty athelete and will make as difficult a catch as anyone. Also, btw, his stats sure say elite to me:
2004 GNB 16 84 1208 14.4 50 9 59 1 1
2005 GNB 16 86 1221 14.2 59 5 63 0 0
2006 GNB 16 92 1295 14.1 82 8 53 1 0

would trade him for NO ONe

find me one really tough catch that TO ever made

skibum55

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMHO, DD is the "heart and soul" of this receiving corps.

I would equate him to Sterling Sharpe (for those of you who remember him) or even Max Magee - not break-away speed but catches everything that comes near him. :twocents: :twocents: (inflation) :wink:

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMHO, DD is the "heart and soul" of this receiving corps.

I would equate him to Sterling Sharpe (for those of you who remember him) or even Max Magee - not break-away speed but catches everything that comes near him. :twocents: :twocents: (inflation) :wink:

Uhhh, no. I remember Sharpe. Guy was arguably the best WR in the league, him and Jerry Rice at the time. DD is great, makes amazing catches, gets YAC like nobody else, is fearless over the middle and is very tough but he's no Sterling.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Driver is an elite WR, he goes over the middle fearlessly and when he takes shots he gets back up. He isnt a sissy like alot of other WR. He has things like a good heart and he stays quite things that TO and Chad Johnson and Moss dont have. T.O had the most drops in the NFL last year.

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:
find me one really tough catch that TO ever made

1998 NFC Wild Card game.

And in the same game TO had a SUPER easy drop, in the end zone, which would have made the follow up catch, worthless.

DD is a selfless game changer and a team builder. The other receivers on par with him I would list as Steve Smith and Marvin Harrison. They deliver and keep their mouths shut. You can have Moss an TO and Chad Johnson.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Driver is an elite WR, he goes over the middle fearlessly and when he takes shots he gets back up. He isnt a sissy like alot of other WR. He has things like a good heart and he stays quite things that TO and Chad Johnson and Moss dont have. T.O had the most drops in the NFL last year.

Agreed.

What is elite? I think we're arguing a definition here.

Driver is reliable. He's one of the best possession WRs in the league. I'd probably only put Harrison above him in that category.

Yes, he doesn't have the speed of Moss.

So if I had to rank them, I'd probably pick like this:
Moss, Smith (healthy), Harrison, Driver. So, yes, he's elite.

And yes, I'd rather have Driver than T.O. I wouldn't want to deal with his ********. Driver brings UP morale. T.O. brings DOWN morale. And morale is an important thing. Morale could mean the difference in close ballgames.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree. How exactly are we defining elite? Becuase when I think elite i think of stats. It makes me think of someone who can throw a team on his shoulders and carry a team to a win. Like Brett Favre. Not DD.

brnt247

Cheesehead
Reaction score
agopackgo4 said:
Timmons said:
Ask yourself this, who would you rather have playing receiver on your team? My answer is easy because DD is consistent. How many games in a row now with a catch? And last year he was double covered the whole season and still put up good numbers.

I think people are taking me wrong. I dont think DD is a bad reciever at all. He is doing a good job this year, and he is causing Jones, and Jennings to get open by being double teamed, and he is still catching balls. And Ill take DD one on one with any defender in the open field. I just dont think that he is a number one. But to answer the question. I would take Randy Moss, TO, Reggie Wayne, Marvin Harrison, Chad Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Plaxico Burress, and Houshmandzadeh, among others above DD.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOW DUDE

That's actually pretty acurate. There isn't really an argument to say he is better than any of them. Maybe he is as good, but to be honest if I could pick any of the aformentioned right now, I would pick all of them before Driver.

OP
OP
D

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
slowsinistermo said:
agopackgo4 said:
Timmons said:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOW DUDE

That's actually pretty acurate. There isn't really an argument to say he is better than any of them. Maybe he is as good, but to be honest if I could pick any of the aformentioned right now, I would pick all of them before Driver.

with the exception of randy moss, why do you choose these other players over DD. I feel DD is on the same level as all these guys, may be chad Johnson is in another class b/c he has so much size. I just find it amusing how many people give DD no respect.

DD has great hands, very strong running routes over the middle of the field, great blocker on running plays, very unselfish, gets open on big plays, has three straight 1200 yard seasons(which is better than TO), is great with the community in GB, but still DD is not among many peoples best WR.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts