David Bakhtiari - Offensive Tackle

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
More of a stamina issue. Don't want him getting another injury. He's had so many set backs through bad luck that you don't want to endanger his being available down the road.
The Miami game is down the road...a loss means no playoffs and the injury-risk vets can rest for the season if necessary.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Bakh is one of the best LTs in the league and he is paid that way. If he can go he is going to go. It's desperation time for this team.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I doubt the owners would agree to it, but it would be nice if each team could designate 1 injured player's salary to be credited back onto the following years cap. Losing one of your highest paid players for an extended period of time, wouldn't sting quite as much. The player still gets paid his guarantees of course.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Miami game is down the road...a loss means no playoffs and the injury-risk vets can rest for the season if necessary.

The Packers would only be eliminated from the playoffs this week with a loss at Miami if the Commanders defeat the Niners today.

D

Deleted member 6794

While technically true… I think we both know that winning out is the only realistic path to a playoff game.

Well, after yesterday's results it would only take the Commanders to lose both of their remaining games as well as the Seahawks one of them.

I agree that's not extremely realistic for that to happen but there's a small chance for it.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, after yesterday's results it would only take the Commanders to lose both of their remaining games as well as the Seahawks one of them.

I agree that's not extremely realistic for that to happen but there's a small chance for it.
lol… thats true as well.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually, I believe it's now down to if we win our last three, just a Washington loss in one of their last two games and we're in.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know why it would be big. Tom is not allowing sacks or pressures. It isn't like Bakh is known for his run blocking. Good to have him back but don't see it making a difference.

Hopefully they get him back for the Vikings...what a boost thatll be!
Hope so. Getting back home to winter we need the running game to get it done. Miami stacked us. You would think we would get a few more big strikes with that heavy box. Big Dog took a great catch or so we believe.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I think Bakh missing most of the 2023 season is turning into a blessing. By showing Gute that he doesn't really have an heir to the spot on the roster, we don't waste next season with the same two players that have been so-so this season and have them hold the team back. Gute can now make a strong push in the draft or FA for an above average LT. Otherwise I feel we would have gone into next season expecting Nijman, Jones. Tenuta or Walker to be the next man up. 2023 is the development season and they just aren't quite cutting it. 2024 season should be the start of the growth towards the SB push. I wouldn't want the LT being the weak link stalling that out for another season.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Bakh missing most of the 2023 season is turning into a blessing. By showing Gute that he doesn't really have an heir to the spot on the roster, we don't waste next season with the same two players that have been so-so this season and have them hold the team back. Gute can now make a strong push in the draft or FA for an above average LT. Otherwise I feel we would have gone into next season expecting Nijman, Jones. Tenuta or Walker to be the next man up. 2023 is the development season and they just aren't quite cutting it. 2024 season should be the start of the growth towards the SB push. I wouldn't want the LT being the weak link stalling that out for another season.
What about the guard and center positions? Do we stand pat?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What about the guard and center positions? Do we stand pat?

I think they let the draft come to them. I do feel right now they are more apt to want to have Myers here in a year or two vs Runyan...but Runyan is the only one of those two who isn't sign past this year.

You could stay pat at Center and it wouldn't be worst case...or if a LT and a RT (there are some pure RTs in this draft too) both come to you in the draft there is a world where you might switch Tom to center if it is your best 5...say Draft Pick LT - Jenkins LG - Tom C - Rhyan RG - Draft Pick RT....or there is still a world where Walker or resigned Yosh cheap could be the RT.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also Caleb Jones who has been quietly making big strides in development....perhaps he breaks through.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think they let the draft come to them. I do feel right now they are more apt to want to have Myers here in a year or two vs Runyan...but Runyan is the only one of those two who isn't sign past this year.

You could stay pat at Center and it wouldn't be worst case...or if a LT and a RT (there are some pure RTs in this draft too) both come to you in the draft there is a world where you might switch Tom to center if it is your best 5...say Draft Pick LT - Jenkins LG - Tom C - Rhyan RG - Draft Pick RT....or there is still a world where Walker or resigned Yosh cheap could be the RT.
Interesting. Do you think Tom is an upgrade at C over Myers? I'd say yes, and if they don't have an internal candidate for C, take one in the 2nd round. Depending on who is available, I'd be fine with RT round 1, S and C round 2.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting. Do you think Tom is an upgrade at C over Myers? I'd say yes, and if they don't have an internal candidate for C, take one in the 2nd round. Depending on who is available, I'd be fine with RT round 1, S and C round 2.

For me it isn't as much if he is a direct upgrade at Center specifically, but if Tom is able to move off of a Tackle position to Center that tells me as a whole our OL is better.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No way do I undervalue the center position. In fact, I think it is much more important than either guard. But no way in hell I even think about moving Tom there. Try someone else.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No way do I undervalue the center position. In fact, I think it is much more important than either guard. But no way in hell I even think about moving Tom there. Try someone else.

He is most likely who our initial backup is now, unless the Runyan experiment has went bad.

Personally like I said, moving Tom there would be a luxury of a SOLID OL elsewhere.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts