David Bakhtiari - Offensive Tackle

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not one for fate or destiny, but at some point, I have to wonder if we're just cursed this year.

It has been one of those years where I’m afraid to ask, what’s next? There has not been a lot that has gone right for this team

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like trade him and some more to get Adam’s back after the raiders axe carr
I think Bakhtiari's trade value has dropped to nothing. As for getting Adams back, can't afford it even if it was possible.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not one for fate or destiny, but at some point, I have to wonder if we're just cursed this year.

Good grief! We are. Incredible. Well, it is one year. Season ender but not a career ender. When it rains it...freezes on the tundra.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is it a season ender or can he be back at sometime? Haven't read anything about a possible return just that he's out for this game.

Good grief! We are. Incredible. Well, it is one year. Season ender but not a career ender. When it rains it...freezes on the tundra.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is it a season ender or can he be back at sometime? Haven't read anything about a possible return just that he's out for this game.
Well, with an appendectomy you miss
work or school for at least a week. Pro football is not an office job. No sense in trying to salvage him for the final couple of games. Let Zach play.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's usually only a few weeks. Can't beat physiology, tissue needs to heal. But those few weeks are going to push it close to the end of the season. If playoffs were in play he'd almost certainly be back for them

D

Deleted member 6794

I think Bakhtiari's trade value has dropped to nothing. As for getting Adams back, can't afford it even if it was possible.

The Packers could afford trading for Adams from a cap perspective as he would only count $6.5 million towards their cap next season. It won't happen for obvious reasons though.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The crazy thing is how good he has been when on the field. If you want to be shocked look up how many tackles have not given up a QB hit or sack…..clue he is one of them.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's usually only a few weeks. Can't beat physiology, tissue needs to heal. But those few weeks are going to push it close to the end of the season. If playoffs were in play he'd almost certainly be back for them
If the surgery is done laparoscopically he could be back sooner than if it is open surgery.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Give Bahk the rest of the season off....he's earned it! :roflmao:

No sense him tearing up a knee or have more setbacks.

I expect we will see a lot of backups playing in the next 5 or so games. Which is good for the team, time to evaluate and improve their skillsets.

D

Deleted member 6794

The crazy thing is how good he has been when on the field. If you want to be shocked look up how many tackles have not given up a QB hit or sack…..clue he is one of them.

According to PFF Bakhtiari ranks fifth in pass blocking grade and fourth in efficiency among tackles that have played as much as him this season.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is little doubt he's still one of the very best. Seems the knee has been getting stronger, I have optimism for next season and I don't think it's a given he's gone. I don't think i'd play him again this year, playoffs, yeah, he's playing week 17 and into playoffs. I don't envision that being a serious possibility so I think his season is done.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
l

No sense him tearing up a knee or have more setbacks.

I expect we will see a lot of backups playing in the next 5 or so games. Which is good for the team, time to evaluate and improve their skillsets.
At least sit him for now and only bring him back in to play if by some miracle we look like we have a decent chance to make the playoffs.

Reaction score
Some reports coming out that David could be back at practice Friday. (Crossing fingers). We sure could use him down the stretch this year.

Reaction score
Be big to get bakh back for the trip to Miami
Absolutely.
In 2022 it would also be a fitting story to have him help us Win going into the playoffs. After we’ve lost him to injury at critical points of the season for 2 years running.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts