Davante Adams

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want to see more of Jared anyway. I think he can do some good things for us.

OP
OP
red4tribe

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is disappointing to see Adams get injured, especially as he played better the last two games. It finally seemed like he was coming on.

I am interested to see what Abbrederis can do though. He ran a solid 40 (faster than JJ or Adams) so perhaps he can stretch the field a little bit more.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is disappointing to see Adams get injured, especially as he played better the last two games. It finally seemed like he was coming on.

I am interested to see what Abbrederis can do though. He ran a solid 40 (faster than JJ or Adams) so perhaps he can stretch the field a little bit more.

Yeah faster than Nelson too...

The one thing I worry about is him having enough reps in. You could tell he practiced that slot play 2pt conversion quite a bit. I mean he almost broke the dudes ankles, seemed confident, look for the ball perfectly.

But does he know all the check, the formations, can he run the no huddle with Aaron. Does he know enough that he doesn't have to think so hard and can just play the game. Talent doesn't concern me as much since you see that from him at times.

OP
OP
red4tribe

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah faster than Nelson too...

The one thing I worry about is him having enough reps in. You could tell he practiced that slot play 2pt conversion quite a bit. I mean he almost broke the dudes ankles, seemed confident, look for the ball perfectly.

But does he know all the check, the formations, can he run the no huddle with Aaron. Does he know enough that he doesn't have to think so hard and can just play the game. Talent doesn't concern me as much since you see that from him at times.

It's a legitimate concern, but knowing that Adams will probably miss the game now rather than learning on Friday will give Abby more time to get up to speed. He's also been on the team for a while, and has seen a decent amount of playing time this year so he really shouldn't be that far off, I hope at least.

Interesting quote from MM during today's press conference-

"Davante Adams, he has a knee injury," said McCarthy. "And this is the way these things normally go. Davante told me after the game he was fine. The trainers obviously feel different than that, so he’s somewhere in between. We don’t practice until tomorrow."

Unless I am completely misinterpreting MM it seems like Davante's status is more up in the air than the initial report indicated.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a legitimate concern, but knowing that Adams will probably miss the game now rather than learning on Friday will give Abby more time to get up to speed. He's also been on the team for a while, and has seen a decent amount of playing time this year so he really shouldn't be that far off, I hope at least.

Interesting quote from MM during today's press conference-

"Davante Adams, he has a knee injury," said McCarthy. "And this is the way these things normally go. Davante told me after the game he was fine. The trainers obviously feel different than that, so he’s somewhere in between. We don’t practice until tomorrow."

Unless I am completely misinterpreting MM it seems like Davante's status is more up in the air than the initial report indicated.

Nah, that is the way I see it as well... I mean if Davante goes out saturday before the game and runs like he has no problems. I don't see how they don't let him give it go.

But we may not know anything till 1.5 before the game when inactives are released.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Think MM was saying the same thing about Montgomery and when Adams ankle was hurt. Coach speak, doesn't want to give much away, unless its 100% certain and even then, why let Arizona know too soon?

I'm not too concerned about Abby knowing the playbook. The guy is pretty smart, poured himself into it last year and will be ready to go Saturday night. My concern is more with depth at WR.

Last edited:

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah definitely a good thing Adams got hurt.

We have been over-talented at WR all year, so just giving everyone else a chance.
Adams has still had a tough time getting separation, maybe his ankle was never 100%. I think at the very least, Abbrederis could be as productive as Adams would be.

broguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Think MM was saying the same thing about Montgomery and when Adams ankle was hurt. Coach speak, doesn't want to give much away, unless its 100% certain and even then, why let Arizona know too soon?

I'm not too concerned about Abby knowing the playbook. The guy is pretty smart, poured himself into it last year and will be ready to go Saturday night. My concern is more with depth at WR.

Could definitely be coach speak or could be that Demovsky jumped on the gun on his source. His initial report was that Adams was unlikely to play because the MRI revealed a potential MCL sprain. That was the big breaking news. Since then he's been writing about it more definitively. In later reports he says Adams sprained his MCL, adding that it's an injury that takes a few weeks to a few months to heal. Did his source call him back within a few hours to tell him that or did he make the leap on his own? Also, that's a very broad recovery time that sounds like it was plucked straight from WebMD. As it stands, we have reports of a "potential sprain" and "unlikely to play" that are actually attributable to a scout. So that's what I'll go with until we hear further from McCarthy. Looking at it from another perspective though, Adams says he's fine, and the MRI only revealed a potential sprain, which likely means it's a low grade sprain at worse. You can come back from a minor sprain in 2 or 3 weeks. 1 week with the season on the line? Who knows. But that's just speculation and no better than Demovsky's "reporting".

Anyway, this shows my bias against Demovsky. Never a fan of his stuff.
ETA: Case in point: this article about how Arians thought a couple of bounces changed the week 16 game (http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-p...s-generous-view-on-week-16-blowout-of-packers). Arians makes the same point many of us have made about how a few plays really led that game to spiral out of control for the Pack. Demovsky asserts that Arians is being generous (and potentially sandbagging), implying that this wasn't the case at all, then goes on to describe how a few plays turned a potentially close game into a blow out. Is he even reading what he's writing?

Last edited:

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Adams has still had a tough time getting separation, maybe his ankle was never 100%. I think at the very least, Abbrederis could be as productive as Adams would be.

Well everyone will get their wish this weekend... Just be careful what you wish for. Might not be exactly what you think. Or maybe it's better. Who knows.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
or better. was nice to see him get open like that in the end zone for a two-point conversion. aside from the bobble he had, maybe because of jitters, he will be an asset on sat with his speed and catching abilities.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I don't think there is one Packer fan who doesn't hope Abby and/or Janis have a breakout game on Saturday. That aside, I would still prefer having Adams continue what he started on Sunday.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well everyone will get their wish this weekend... Just be careful what you wish for. Might not be exactly what you think. Or maybe it's better. Who knows.

can't get any worse than adams' performance this year. or could it?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Even I have to refer to the last game, though. Was that a coming out party or an aberration?

It's a "Half filled, half empty argument" ;)

Some of us would say, Adams is finally playing like we thought he would and others would say "it was one lucky game for him". Sadly, we may not know the answer until next season.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even I have to refer to the last game, though. Was that a coming out party or an aberration?
I think he's quietly been playing better the past few weeks. He hasn't had a ton of stats, but his play looked different. More confident going for the ball and after the catch. More in line with what I expected from him this year.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score

who knows, man! i really wanted this guy to have a good season and be an asset to the packs. I guess he isn't ready for the pro league or just don't have the talent that many thought he did.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not driving the Adams hate bus anymore. I don't like that he's injured, but he's looked slow this year. Maybe his ankle was bothering him all year, because I really think he's faster than that.

I have thought for a while that Abbrederris looks like the better option for the time being. He looks quicker on the field and runs some solid routes. This is all in theory though, he could completely stink up the field this weekend. I'm glad he's getting a chance, but I hate that it's like this

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nobodies doubted the talent of Abbrederis. It's his ability to take a hit and not have to miss the next play.

Losing Adams hurts this game. Can Abby hold up and contibute? Hopefully but who knows?

The only thing I do know for certain is that if he has a big game he'll be hailed as the 2nd comming along with a few "let's cut Adams" chants by 85% of posters with 10% saying Janis would've done better. The other 5% will need to see more than one game

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nobodies doubted the talent of Abbrederis. It's his ability to take a hit and not have to miss the next play.

Losing Adams hurts this game. Can Abby hold up and contibute? Hopefully but who knows?

The only thing I do know for certain is that if he has a big game he'll be hailed as the 2nd comming along with a few "let's cut Adams" chants by 85% of posters with 10% saying Janis would've done better. The other 5% will need to see more than one game

all that matters is that he does have a big game against ari. one game at a time!

D

Deleted member 6794

Adams has played better as of late, so the Packers will miss him against Arizona. Abbrederis has the talent to replace him and hopefully will have a nice game on Saturday.

Members online

Latest posts